Long Shot 'Wanted' or Better Idea..? (DPF related)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Shot 'Wanted' or Better Idea..? (DPF related)
(23-09-2015, 12:08 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Full on rewire no?
Big fan of the xud cos I've had loads of them but for a daily wouldn't an Hdi in a phase 1 be a win?

I think you could just swap the engine loom. Not had a Ph1 or HDi so not sure tbh.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 09:31 PM)Niall Wrote: Ive noticed when the kia does it and i stop half way through it absolutely stinks of tyres! Smells like a drift day lol

Have to say though, my DPF has never caused an issue in the 72k of London driving it has done. You've just bought a shit heap as per usual Tom Wink

Yep I did...it's this wanky Peugeot DPF that's the issue! As I say, the coated ones work far better than the additive ones! If I'd known that before purchase I'd have kept looking for a 2009 Focus where they changed to coated...

(22-09-2015, 11:10 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Hi Tom, couldn't you do 306 again? Phase1 for lack of electrical and dpf hleadaches? Spend the change on a holiday?

Failed glowplugs would cause more of an issue on an XUD... Tongue Other than that, there haven't been any electrical issues! (Oh, except the reverse light switch lol) With modern cars it's still the physical/mechanical stuff that breaks...shame really as the electrical stuff is the easy stuff to diagnose and usually cheap and easy to swap sensors too. lol

But also, I've owned far too many 306s, bit risky saying this on here but I don't even like them now, I wouldn't want another unless I literally had no choice. Not even another '6 or Rallye tbh.

The Focus does comfort and spec quite well (albeit not as well as a Golf) which is where the 306 really lacked for me. I get easily car sick now, not helped by IBS or anxiety issues and the 306s were just far too rough riding for me, even most new cars were, I actually bought a 1 year old 107 last year but couldn't handle the ride in it, so had to look for something comfy, but I still wanted a bit of grip/handling as well, the Focus does this surprisingly well. Unfortunately I just chose the wrong engine, being swayed by the £30 tax and other peoples MPG averages in the 60's, I really should've gone for the 2.0 TDCi instead. Fewer common faults, similar MPG, more power, rear disc brakes and a straight DPF so you can just bash it through rather than cutting and welding. Only downside would be the extra £100 in tax.

If I could go through the hassle of changing cars right now, and could find one in the same Titanium spec with the optional extras mine has (full heated leathers, factory tints, electric folding mirrors, cruise control, factory black masked Xenon headlights) then I'd swap to a 2.0 right now...unfortunately I can't deal with the hassle atm and can't find one the same spec locally lol. Plus I've no idea how much mine has depreciated, because there aren't any identical ones with the same options that I've seen... Confused

(23-09-2015, 12:22 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(23-09-2015, 12:08 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Full on rewire no?
Big fan of the xud cos I've had loads of them but for a daily wouldn't an Hdi in a phase 1 be a win?

I think you could just swap the engine loom. Not had a Ph1 or HDi so not sure tbh.

You'd have to swap the interior loom as well, or swap wires in the mulitplugs.... I don't like the ph1's 'retro' looks anyway lol, if I was going for another it'd have to be a ph3 Meridian again...
Thanks given by:
why are you still on here if you dont like the 306?!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2015, 08:48 AM)welshpug Wrote: why are you still on here if you dont like the 306?!

Because my only fwends are on here. Sad

And I have plenty of knowledge on them that would be wasted if I couldn't spread it. Smile
Thanks given by:
C30 2.0d or V50 2.0d - early ones don't have a DPF.

Drive like an arsehole everywhere, 48mpg constantly - no DPF to go wrong, tax is more expensive, but you could have paid the difference of 2 years tax in what you spent on a pattern part DPF.

Shall respond to your PM innabit btw.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Apparently the earlier Focii 2.0 TDCi didn't have DPF's either, would be stuck with a Mk2 though and I preferred the facelift lol. Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
You didn't actually answer the question! Big Grin
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
What question lol? Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Bodge (not car related, but outbuilding/electrics!) cpikey316_ 6 2,432 05-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  So annoyed today, car related! cpikey316_ 18 3,068 28-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  Car related wedding vows bashbarnard 6 1,464 28-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Poodle