Thrown any rods lately??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thrown any rods lately??
Phew normal service is resumed Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2015, 08:43 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Someone on the facebook threw a rod last night!! Yaaaahhh back to normal.

Yeah I was just about to post that!

He had been just coaling it everywhere racing people all night mind!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2015, 09:19 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(20-08-2015, 08:43 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Someone on the facebook threw a rod last night!! Yaaaahhh back to normal.

Yeah I was just about to post that!

He had been just coaling it everywhere racing people all night mind!

hahaha, who was it?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Sounds like 4way.. or has he sold his?
Thanks given by:
He's got a 335i, no rod chucking there lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 12:31 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(19-08-2015, 09:25 AM)blinkyeatu Wrote: I feel that being new to this and now having A t2 Bosch and fmic that one of my rods are likely to go walkies :/
what's the suggestions to keeping this from happening, Matt your talking about monitoring egt is this easy to do? Also I think the guy I got my new block of "andy325i" said he got it skimmed if I get ARPs do they have to be shorter

in truth it's usually when people go big blower that rods start going walkies, T2 and fmic, you'll probs be ok just so long as you're not coaling everywhere, you monitor EGTs by tapping onto the manifold and using an EGT gauge, as said though, wouldn't sorry too much on stock equipment Smile

And no on the ARP question, they'll work fine

ahhhh ok nice one ill get on the EGT gauge, ARPs, TD04(or summin) and i guess rods for when i rebuild my swapped out engine but for now ill just not go too crazy

also im gutted the 306 seen is dying out Sad im just starting to really get into it

although it has had a good run better than alot
Thanks given by:
My car will be back in due course, not a true xud no, but will be stressing rods out much more than ever before, just need to tie up some other projects before hand. Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ahhh Frankenstein"lobb"'s XUD Monster I'm looking forward to this Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 03:51 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Dave waking the campsite up at half 6 one morning.

I love it at 1:34 he says the water light it on but still proceeds to let it load up on the rollers

There's even eds old megane r26 in this video [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As soon as i'm back in the UK a 306 will be purchased.

my XUD goodies have been temporarily been hung up on the shelf with Mr Barker, and will be bolted straight to another clean XUD example the first chance I get! Past year life/career has taken more of a front seat (same as others I think), but there will be room for a project in the future - considering buying a 306 out here too Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shinies all here Dave only thing missing is you matey
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 04:28 AM)Sambarker Wrote: Shinies all here Dave only thing missing is you matey

we want Dave, lol, is the train horn still kicking around? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Just saw this thread this is brilliant hahaha.

My crappy 1.4 is gonna be swapped for an xud this year and with my luck I'll most likely throw a rod in spectacular form considering I managed to rip the driveshaft out of my bmw 318i about a year ago  Rofl
Thanks given by:
I'm recommissioning the dturdbus. Its not been driven at all since the rebuild 3 years ago o.O .... I plan to get the turbo to actually fit without fouling the steering uj this time, wind the boost up, and give it a messy send off covered in its own oil and bits of broken rod this summer ^_^
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
I do t see this fascination of thinking. Ohhh my rod might break. That's not good.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
What are you on about Bash!? The only appeal for owning an xud derv is their rod chucking ability. Love the anxiety.

Thanks given by:
(02-03-2016, 08:54 AM)n0v0s Wrote: What are you on about Bash!? The only appeal for owning an xud derv is their rod chucking ability. Love the anxiety.

REALLY that's what makes you want to own them. I've never thrown a rod. Build the engines within safeish limits. I couldn't drive one around thinking it was gonna blow up on me at any moment.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2016, 08:54 AM)n0v0s Wrote: What are you on about Bash!? The only appeal for owning an xud derv is their rod chucking ability. Love the anxiety.

Holy crap - long time no see!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2016, 11:25 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:

REALLY that's what makes you want to own them. I've never thrown a rod. Build the engines within safeish limits. I couldn't drive one around thinking it was gonna blow up on me at any moment.

Sarcasm was lost on you a little bit there mate haha! I'd rather keep my rods in the block considering I spent a while building my block up. Although the fun only starts when you stop messing about with pussydrying sized stock blowers and strap on a big fk off lorry turbo! Done in the typical xud bodging way, on a shoe string budget means the rods and block may be sacrificial...

(02-03-2016, 12:52 PM)Ruan Wrote:

Holy crap - long time no see!

Wuuuuuduppp bruuuuuh! =D how's it going Ruan? 

Long time indeed! What have I missed x

Thanks given by:
Oh general banter, smashing rods, laughing at people who've smashed rods - all usual stuff!

How's things going with you!?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2016, 05:49 PM)Ruan Wrote: Oh general banter, smashing rods, laughing at people who've smashed rods - all usual stuff!

How's things going with you!?

Haha! Standard!

I'm incredibly bored of reliability and comfort and have some free time atm. 

Need to resurrect the xud and finish it properly I.e. actually make the 2259 fit! Ideally, i want to blow the xud up quicktime, and fit a tu5jp4, t28 and mega squirt it in time for Le Mans in summer. What do we reckon? I'll need to pick your mega brain on this to see if it's feasible... standard block capability, wiring etc. Picasso BE box is the bitch I hear..

Many ideas, but I actually need to stop pondering and get cracking!

Thanks given by:
(02-03-2016, 07:28 AM)n0v0s Wrote: I'm recommissioning the dturdbus. Its not been driven at all since the rebuild 3 years ago o.O .... I plan to get the turbo to actually fit without fouling the steering uj this time, wind the boost up, and give it a messy send off covered in its own oil and bits of broken rod this summer ^_^

hes back! Get it on, look forward to some updates on this Big Grin

(02-03-2016, 07:48 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: I do t see this fascination of thinking. Ohhh my rod might break. That's not good.

Obvs not oldskool enough mate

Throwing turbos on and living life a rod at a time #trueXUD
Thanks given by:
This thread is full of nostalgia win, I love it hahahah.

As said when i'm done on my jolly I might put abit of money into the HDi with DI / bosch VE pump. DI is the way forward, XUD is limited, but the DW10 block could be totally win with the right stuff - I can feel myself getting hard right now.

There was a sense of bum clenching whenever the big turbine spooled up, for is the engine going to remain together, or is it going to rip itself apart - love it.

Reliability -1
Fun 10
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by: