Thrown any rods lately??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thrown any rods lately??
Question 
so, it occurred to me recently that, say 12 months ago folk were still chucking rods on a regular basis, haven't heard of any going for a good while though, are we learning lessons? ie keeping a better eye on EGTs and not fully advancing Bosch's etc, or are people just not telling anymore? Orrrrr is it because Darren, D hall and Ruan have been out the game for a while lol? What's your thoughts, I know one if two have forged rods now too which I have considered, never thrown a rod myself, lifted a head with last turbo though so will use ARPs at the least next time, be interested to see what people think Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Everyone has a Megane now.
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 12:19 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Everyone has a Megane now.

haha none of the 'gan crew used to push derv tuning anyway, Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Lol ^

I thought everyone was just getting rod envy and keeping thiers quiet after the epic one from paddy...
Thanks given by:
Lol. I look after my car and bought a 2.1 with stronger rods. Even bought arps before my headgasket went. Whats happened to this forum
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I'm still waiting for mine to go.

No one has blown a rod out a 2.1..... Yet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I feel that being new to this and now having A t2 Bosch and fmic that one of my rods are likely to go walkies :/
what's the suggestions to keeping this from happening, Matt your talking about monitoring egt is this easy to do? Also I think the guy I got my new block of "andy325i" said he got it skimmed if I get ARPs do they have to be shorter
Thanks given by:
I bought a vag Sad
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:

There's 3 here - 2 R26 and a diesel. Not 'quite' everyone..  Makeup
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 10:16 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

There's 3 here - 2 R26 and a diesel. Not 'quite' everyone..  Makeup

Meh, numbers. Everyone has a megane now lmao
Thanks given by: 1616six
Aren't there 3 R26 as of yesterday? And 2 diesels with Matt and CJ?
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 12:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Aren't there 3 R26 as of yesterday?  And 2 diesels with Matt and CJ?

I did see there's another yellow one with a certain member..

So yes, everyone has Meganes now.
Thanks given by:
They're all in that bloody yellow aren't they? lol

Personally I'd have bought an electric orange Focus ST... Big Grin (Yes, I know the Renaults better on track lol)
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 09:25 AM)blinkyeatu Wrote: I feel that being new to this and now having A t2 Bosch and fmic that one of my rods are likely to go walkies :/
what's the suggestions to keeping this from happening, Matt your talking about monitoring egt is this easy to do? Also I think the guy I got my new block of "andy325i" said he got it skimmed if I get ARPs do they have to be shorter

in truth it's usually when people go big blower that rods start going walkies, T2 and fmic, you'll probs be ok just so long as you're not coaling everywhere, you monitor EGTs by tapping onto the manifold and using an EGT gauge, as said though, wouldn't sorry too much on stock equipment Smile

And no on the ARP question, they'll work fine
Thanks given by:
I've seen a few standard ones blow rods on here, sure its all down to luck... Obviously you're pushing that luck more each time you up the boost or power though.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 12:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've seen a few standard ones blow rods on here, sure its all down to luck...  Obviously you're pushing that luck more each time you up the boost or power though.

like I said though, if you're coaling everywhere, also if its set up like shit you're gonna markedly increase your chances, I don't believe in luck personally and just remind me how much experience you have with xuds Tom? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
5 years of being on the only non diesel specific forum I know of where diesel is seen as better by the majority is my experience. Tongue. No personal experience though, wouldn't catch me in one of those unreliable rod chuckers... Wink

(I'm joking of course, before that starts a mass debate lol)
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 01:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 5 years of being on the only non diesel specific forum I know of where diesel is seen as better by the majority is my experience. Tongue. No personal experience though, wouldn't catch me in one of those unreliable rod chuckers... Wink

(I'm joking of course, before that starts a mass debate lol)

haha no you're not joking lol, seriously though, luck? Not too sure about luck tbqh, yes there's a rumour of weeker rods in some variations but, never seen any proof whatsoever Smile
Thanks given by:
Dave the Destroyer and Darren were the main culprits to be fair, both of which are now retired from XUD's (at least for now).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 02:04 PM)silverzx Wrote: Dave the Destroyer and Darren were the main culprits to be fair, both of which are now retired from XUD's (at least for now).

Who the hell was dave the destroyer? Before my time on here clearly
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 02:04 PM)silverzx Wrote: Dave the Destroyer and Darren were the main culprits to be fair, both of which are now retired from XUD's (at least for now).
haha I think Dave the destroyer holds some kind of record, 5 or 6 engine swaps iirc Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ahh i think i read his thread the other night. Had a project thread and was throwing a rod every other page!!
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=261

That's his project thread. Yeah Matt, it was a fair few lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats the one i read through. I had googled something to do about compounding some turbos and his thread popped up.
Thanks given by:
Dave waking the campsite up at half 6 one morning.

I love it at 1:34 he says the water light it on but still proceeds to let it load up on the rollers

Thanks given by:
Haha i remember that year well, smoked out all the campers on the top field too Tongue
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately it seems that less people seem to be pushing the xud as they were a couple of years ago. As much as I hate to say it, it seems that the 306 itself is slowly dying out! 12 months ago on ebay you would find 100+ hdi's now the figure has been in single figures more than once Sad
It also seems that people are struggling to get any kind of return on a modified 306 now which may be putting people of buying them and spending money on shiny things. 
Dont get me wrong I know there are still a few dedicated people who do but the majority have moved on which is a shame!
So, yea not so many rod chuckers as there just aren't as many xuds on the scene to begin with.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 09:48 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Unfortunately it seems that less people seem to be pushing the xud as they were a couple of years ago. As much as I hate to say it, it seems that the 306 itself is slowly dying out! 12 months ago on ebay you would find 100+ hdi's now the figure has been in single figures more than once Sad
It also seems that people are struggling to get any kind of return on a modified 306 now which may be putting people of buying them and spending money on shiny things. 
Dont get me wrong I know there are still a few dedicated people who do but the majority have moved on which is a shame!
So, yea not so many rod chuckers as there just aren't as many xuds on the scene to begin with.
I get you, but still we have Tom/zx Volcane, Piggies 2.1, even Jonnys cabby is great, I take your point though but I don't think modified ones have ever really commanded good money, there's other good xuds on here too, I miss Darren,Dave,Ruen and crew though Smile
Thanks given by:
well rallye is running again. its only as matter of time....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Someone on the facebook threw a rod last night!! Yaaaahhh back to normal.
Thanks given by: