My first ever project and build!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first ever project and build!
. I currently have 5 door China blue stage 2 hdi running full torque map from pro Steve at hdi-tuning absolutely love the it! Currently car spec is as follows:
Stage 2 full torque map.
Fmic( still running A/C )
Straight through exhaust from turbo back.
Uprated gas shocks on front with 40mm lowering springs.
Gti6 front anti roll bar.

Bits I have in shed :
Xsara vts or vote complete rear axle (can't remember which one but it's the better of the 2)
Gti6 front calipers and master cylinder.
Cyclones ready to be painted and wrapped in Michelin PS3's
Boot spoiler to be painted and some smoked rear lights.

Thanks again looking forward to hearing every1s opinions and advice. Thanks again

Also I have got uprated ta technix rear shocks to go on when axle goes on.
Thanks given by:
What clutch you running.

Pics?
Thanks given by:
Standard clutch ATM mate......... [Image: f425011446b13e86a65db9cd0fc3acaa.jpg][Image: f153bcd0d791eb08b248cd8189b22319.jpg][Image: 0f583f38871924462c82c73905dc4be5.jpg][Image: 51fb91f0dd9a8fbfd2a343377dcb1e36.jpg][Image: e06dbe694454725bb209cb10ad750b1c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Didnt you start another page on this the other day!?

Good start...amazing you still on
14 inch rims
Standard brakes
Standard clutch!

But seems you have all that in hand Smile ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2015, 11:28 AM)Piggy Wrote: Didnt you start another page on this the other day!?

Good start...amazing you still on
14 inch rims
Standard brakes
Standard clutch!

But seems you have all that in hand Smile ThumbsUp

Yes in newbie section!! Lol but not many people helped me
Out with Advice or thoughts of what to do next?
Thanks given by:
Better brakes, wheels and tyres!! But you have that in hand.

Personally I would have done them first!

You are going to want to save for a decent clutch too, just warning you!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks good for a first project! I'd give it a decent detail, china looks beautiful shiney!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yer wheels brakes and tyres are all sorted! Yer I've gotta get new drivers wing first! Put she will be having a good wash and machine polish tomoro
Thanks given by:
Make it your own and polish it and detail it by hand just once and you will want to do it again and again til it's dead and you need another one! :-)
Thanks given by:
Personally i'd recommend selling the tas and buying some b4s or something for the rear (that's what you bought for the front wasn't it..?). They're unpleasantly crashy and will leave you with worse handling than you had before, they're designed for the market that want to drop the car on it's arse and sod the consequences, standard shocks would be better. Have you installed all the current stuff yourself? Looks like a good base, reckon you'll go for the bigger turbo and stage 3, or are you sticking where you are for now?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-08-2015, 06:22 AM)Poodle Wrote: Personally i'd recommend selling the tas and buying some b4s or something for the rear (that's what you bought for the front wasn't it..?). They're unpleasantly crashy and will leave you with worse handling than you had before, they're designed for the market that want to drop the car on it's arse and sod the consequences, standard shocks would be better. Have you installed all the current stuff yourself? Looks like a good base, reckon you'll go for the bigger turbo and stage 3, or are you sticking where you are for now?

Really? Hmm that's annoying! And in not sure what make the shocks were on the front they didn't have any logo on them.... So u would recommend using standard rear shocks with the rear axle? My mate did fmic but other than that I have done the rest and will be doing what ever else needs doing myself and yes I'm lookin at bigger turbo and stage 3 I want 200+bhp and as much torque as possible!
Thanks given by:
Agree with Poodle (for a change Tongue )
Bilstein are one of the best out there for a reason. How many manufacturers do you hear fitting TA shocks to their cars as standard? Tongue
B4s won't drop the car as much as the TAs and it probably won't feel as stiff which may seem disappointing at first but i promise it will handle better rather than just skipping about all over the place! Alternatively if you have a bit of money to spend, B8s and Eibach springs. Its an amazing set up tbh!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol fair point anyone got links to were I can buy blisten b4s or b8s? Don't suppose any1 has a driver side wing in China blue for sale???
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2015, 09:44 AM)conorpierce Wrote: Lol fair point anyone got links to were I can buy blisten b4s or b8s? Don't suppose any1 has a driver side wing in China blue for sale???

I can do you a full set for a very good price, drop me a PM if you're interested.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Pm,d mate
Thanks given by:
Fair play, i'll be watching with interest then! If you want a bigger turbo etc you'll either need to get good with a welder or pay somebody else to do it, there's nothing else that'll fit straight onto these engines. Also worth trying to keep the torque down where you can, especially early in the rev range, as it brings all sorts of problems - drivetrain can't take it for starters.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yer I know im waiting some time gonna slowly upgrade drivetrain and everything else that is needed then bigger turbo and more power! And go from there!
Thanks given by:
Little update rear lights arrived today
Before[Image: 6fa60b0824d37c0dcb66a78bc99cd5cd.jpg]
During[Image: adeafafe0eb553992785a5630f7cb989.jpg]
After[Image: 38f86565913c84007cfb24bdad7b4c6c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Needs a spoiler but other than that great project mate! Good luck keeping a reliable 200bhp+ though!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mate I've got 2 spoilers just deciding which is best! X
Thanks given by:
Now worries bud, ive got a phase 2 one on mine and I like it, guessing you have two phase 3 ones though?
Thanks given by:
More good news! Wheels are back from powdercoaters! [Image: 41fbfe505598373b156d6e195ee3ea30.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2015, 03:07 PM)conorpierce Wrote: More good news! Wheels are back from powdercoaters! [Image: 41fbfe505598373b156d6e195ee3ea30.jpg]

They look ace! that's what I wanted to do if I managed to grab some cyclones, some came up but the guy just ignored me(because I'm not Spanish) I've seen them about on another 306.
Thanks given by:
Yer mate can't wait to get my Michelins fitted and get them on car
Thanks given by:
Cyclones look great buddy! What colour are they done in do you know? Going to do mine myself soon
Thanks given by:
the wheels look good, how much was it per a wheel?
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
35 quid wat ever colour I wanted!!!
And they Are done in anthracite
Thanks given by:
they look good Smile what company did you use ?
Thanks given by:
A company in near me down in Kent. U won't get it as cheap tho as I know the boss! All about the contacts! Yea they are immaculate! Look like they have just come from factory not one imperfection in any of the wheels!
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2015, 08:13 PM)conorpierce Wrote: A company in near me down in Kent. U won't get it as cheap tho as I know the boss! All about the contacts! Yea they are immaculate! Look like they have just come from factory not one imperfection in any of the wheels!

Ive just had my Nimrods done for 50€ a wheel so about same price!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,287 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Forged engine build, to go in the 3 door project car. Parts and advice needed guys. Pompey306mark 377 122,053 09-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark