Mk6 Fiesta - 1.4 16v LX

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk6 Fiesta - 1.4 16v LX
The quality of the tanks doesn't seem to be all that good tbh, probably cost cutting to keep the Fiesta price in line with it's rivals I guess! I do wonder how long this ones been leaking though, as it's had all sorts of cooling parts replaced by garages over the last couple of years (rad, stat, cap, hoses, w/pump), makes me wonder if it was just that all along!

The fan resistor is about £70 from the dealer! I can't work out why really, must be more to it than I can see!
Thanks given by:
Went to the local yard that I don't like today, they don't let you walk around without hi vis, hard hat and boots...plus they cost more...

However they did manage to find a working resistor for me! £15 and wasn't up for haggling...but I only had a tenner so he changed his mind when I pulled it out. lol Seems expensive for what it is but not compared to the new price I guess.

Also grabbed some Mobil 5w30 Ford Spec oil from Halfords, on offer at £24 for 5l atm, and is the same stuff I use on the Focus. Means with what I have left from last Focus change, should have enough over for a free change next time the Focus needs done. Big Grin

Should also have some genuine service parts on the way soon courtesy of Connor. Wink
Thanks given by:
That's not bad at all, as they will have had to remove it tom.
Thanks given by:
Had to remove it? Its on the fan cowling in a huge empty engine bay, takes 5 seconds to remove... lol
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2015, 04:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Had to remove it?  Its on the fan cowling in a huge empty engine bay, takes 5 seconds to remove... lol

well they have to pay the lad to remove it Tongue
Thanks given by:
remember they save money by not letting you in and filling your pockets

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(31-07-2015, 06:15 PM)cully Wrote: remember they save money by not letting you in and filling your pockets

Seems a flawed plan when I'll just go to the better yard 9 times out of 10.... lol

They make money from big commercial scrap deals and stripping cats/batteries/wiring anyway, not selling off a few parts from knackered old cars lol. The guy at the other yard doesn't even seem overly bothered by giving small things away as long as you've paid for something bigger. I'm too honest to just fill my pockets there!
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty clean tbh! I'd keep it for a cheap run around haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
A cheap runaround that costs more to fuel, tax and insure than the Focus? lol It is nice enough though, would have no problems using it daily if I didn't have the Focus!
Thanks given by:
Interesting about the boot popper as mum's has never worked right. Is it easy to do?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Easy to swap yeah, its just a cable, plug and 2x 8mm bolts. Boot trim is 3 cross heads.

If you want to try cleaning it, it's a heat sealed unit but should break around the join fairly easy with a thin screwdriver.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2015, 07:50 AM)Toms306 Wrote: A cheap runaround that costs more to fuel, tax and insure than the Focus? lol  It is nice enough though, would have no problems using it daily if I didn't have the Focus!

I am not surprised, as for some reason, small cars are more expensive to insure! Than the bigger brothers.
Thanks given by:
Because they tend to be driven by young or old people....the ones that crash the most!!
Thanks given by:
Christ that's an interior a granny would love!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Yep, goes with the granny coloured paintwork though! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So, thanks to our resident Ford tech I got a box of parts for this, this morning...or I would've done if our lazy postmen came round before 1.30pm... Dodgy

Hadn't planned anything this afternoon so got straight on with it...just as the rain started... Fortunately it was warm so carried on anyway lol. First job was the aux belts to get rid of the squeal on startup...would like to know why someone invented a belt where you half it's service life stretching the bugger on! lol Anyway, it wasn't anywhere near as difficult as people on youtube and forums make out, I didn't have the 'proper' tools either. Brute force seemed to work and no more squealing...yay. Big Grin

Followed by an oil and filter change, air filter and spark plugs. Was overdue so doing that should make it more saleable.

So yeah, just gotta write up an ad for it now. Smile
Thanks given by:
Why had you not done that before postman arrived? Wink
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Because the postman brought the parts... Confused
Thanks given by:
Could've been halfway through it. :p
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Lol, I don't like doing half a job, don't start if you can't finish. Wink
Thanks given by:
Anyone want this for a grand? Didn't sell on ebay or gumtree, now contemplating whether to stick it back on with a lower BIN or try an auction. Just making sure theres no interest on here before I go the effort though!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261997747552?s...1562.l2649
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2013 Fiesta ST MY95 15 5,276 09-02-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: MY95