Australia Q and A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia Q and A
Is it really 'to easy'?
Thanks given by:
As big as Australia is where abouts are you from? I have a lot of family in Adelaide Smile never had chance to go over to see them, but they come here often. If flights were cheaper id be straight over haha
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 06:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Do Australians actually drink Fosters?

What's it like to live in the worlds oldest prison colony?

Funnily enough my neighbor used to drink the stuff and it was my first ever sip of beer as 4/5 year old. My story is a rarity though. I believe it's not sold in any pubs or clubs.

Every state pretty much has it's own beer, XXXX is the go to beer in Queensland.

Feels good man. Its to early in the morning for me to banter.

(23-07-2015, 06:48 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Have you met Gary the goat?

Not yet unfortunately.

(23-07-2015, 08:43 PM)impotentials Wrote: Is it really 'to easy'?

To easy mate.

(23-07-2015, 09:21 PM)Sian Wrote: As big as Australia is where abouts are you from? I have a lot of family in Adelaide Smile never had chance to go over to see them, but they come here often. If flights were cheaper id be straight over haha

Townsville. Named after the great city of the same name in Powerpuff girls.
Thanks given by:
Does everything in oz try to kill you?

have you ever been attacked by a drop bear!?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Many 306's kicking about over there? 309's 205's How about older big stuff like 604 Ti's, 505 GTIs 504 coupes etc? My dad had loads of the oldies and in many variants espesh 7 seat with me at the back not being heard over 3 older cackling sisters and 1 big bro! They all looked like hearses according to my mates but were quite often the only car in the street to get out when it snowed heavy! Bummer was I always made school!

(23-07-2015, 03:30 PM)ozpug Wrote:
(23-07-2015, 03:18 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Whats it like down under? Ive never been.

How often do you meet Marty and Moog?

Well to me its the best place in the world. A lot of amazing national parks near where I live and bunch of friendly, helpful people.

I'm yet to meet them except in my dreams.

(23-07-2015, 03:24 PM)silverzx Wrote: How many deaths (on average) a year happen due to shark attacks?

In the news in the last year I can recall maybe 5 incidences. There have been some massive protests trying to stop shark culling. Great whites are probably the scariest things on the planet and you won't catch me anywhere near the things.

(23-07-2015, 03:24 PM)silverzx Wrote: How many deaths (on average) a year happen due to shark attacks?

In the news in the last year I can recall maybe 5 incidences. There have been some massive protests trying to stop shark culling. Great whites are probably the scariest things on the planet and you won't catch me anywhere near the things.

Never ridden a tuned CR500r hard then????????

(23-07-2015, 03:41 PM)ozpug Wrote:
(23-07-2015, 03:26 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: How many times a day on average do you say 'mate'?

Do you ever just wait for a mate?

I don't use many Australian colloquialisms truthfully, I just threw that mate in for fun. Haha, my cousin looks just like that guy and we always throw a lot of banter about it when we're out drinking.

(23-07-2015, 03:38 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: What do you have planned this arvo? Watching Neighbours or Home and Away?

Its 2am haha. Im taking my sister to the airport tomorrow morning for splendour in the grass (look it up, awesome festival) and then having a look at a motorbike and hopefully getting it.

What's the motorbike if you don't mind me asking, road,mx,trail?? Year and model??
https://www.bikepics.com/members/redordead/

Response to your other statment.
Snakes in toilets, in your car, anywhere really. Snakes in my highschool, snakes at university, snakes hanging from trees when your walking along the footpath... spiders the same. I've got a few wasp nests growing around my house at the moment. They form part of the security.

(23-07-2015, 03:40 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Apparently you dont say "put another shrimp on the barbie" is this true?

Yeah shrimp has never been an Australian word as far as I'm aware. Prawns on the barbie is most accurate. Mmmm prawns.

damn this post stacking I need my post count!
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 10:09 PM)toseland Wrote: Does everything in oz try to kill you?

have you ever been attacked by a drop bear!?

Yes it does. I'm a bit of a hippy though so I like to believe that nature is on my side.

Crocodiles would have to be the deadliest. They are masters of stealth and absolute predators. You can't swim in any of the salt water creeks and when camping near a creek its best to be on the highest ground possible as they have been known to try to take people from their tents.

My brother was on a camping trip with a bunch of his mates when he heard this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq4ccCJdolc

It speaks for itself but its a sound you don't want to here. Gives me the fear of god. He ended up barricading him self in a tent with bikes and wood until morning.

Drop bears are a serious issue but have been significantly reduced in numbers due to culling.

(23-07-2015, 11:14 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Many 306's kicking about over there? 309's 205's How about older big stuff like 604 Ti's, 505 GTIs 504 coupes etc? My dad had loads of the oldies and in many variants espesh 7 seat with me at the back not being heard over 3 older cackling sisters and 1 big bro! They all looked like hearses according to my mates but were quite often the only car in the street to get out when it snowed heavy! Bummer was I always made school!

Not many 306s at all and especially so for the diesel variants. Even less for the later models you've mentioned. Peugeot doesn't have the best reputation over here, old and new. Though there are enthusiast clubs. We don't have to worry about snow here its the heat that kills engines.
Thanks given by:
No snow and sunny beaches and the odd leggy blonde is why we all want to come there tbh, my mate who was the lankiest geekiest milk bottle bottom spec wearer in our school for 11 years moved to OZ as a panelbeater got his citizenship and just married a 6 foot 3" Brazilian goddess!!!! Fffffkkkkkkk!
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 12:08 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: No snow and sunny beaches and the odd leggy blonde is why we all want to come there tbh, my mate who was the lankiest geekiest milk bottle bottom spec wearer in our school for 11 years moved to OZ as a panelbeater got his citizenship and just married a 6 foot 3" Brazilian goddess!!!! Fffffkkkkkkk!

I prefer gingers. Good on him. I would love to visit the motherland and explore my roots.
Thanks given by:
First car I'd be buying out there would be a VXR8 maloo!
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 05:47 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: First car I'd be buying out there would be a VXR8 maloo!

You'd fit right in. I tried to link to the episode of Top Gear but its been removed from youtube.
Thanks given by:
How bigs the drift scene.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
How many of these hats do you own?

[Image: Australian-Cork-Hat.jpg]

Do you ride these to work, or is it mainly for pleasure?

[Image: Kangaroos-jump-high-1.jpg]

Is this man still the president?

[Image: cd.jpg]

and is it still law that everyone carries at least one of these in their trousers??

[Image: crocodile_dundee_bowie_knife_replica_by_...6u4xvr.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also OzPug, if you have any questions on the UK I'm sure we'd all gladly help Smile
Thanks given by:
You don't want to come here, we're becoming the minority...
Oh wait lol
Thanks given by:
Struth that hats missin a few corks.

Kangaroos are fairly awesome animals. Though they have a stupid habit of crossing the road at very bad times.

Yes.

Yes.

(24-07-2015, 11:32 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: You don't want to come here, we're becoming the minority...
Oh wait lol

So the news has said.

(24-07-2015, 11:27 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Also OzPug, if you have any questions on the UK I'm sure we'd all gladly help Smile
Who's going to win The Ashes?
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 12:27 PM)ozpug Wrote: Who's going to win The Ashes?

If it's anything like current performances the English women will put the English male side to shame.

It's seriously looking like our best shot at the next world cup will be to leave the men behind and send the womens team in their place.
Thanks given by:
Serious question, if I was to come out around the time of the state of origin, how hard and expensive is it to get tickets?

Secondly, I'm really unlucky with poisonous stuff. There's one poisonous snake in England, its rare as f*ck and I still got bit by one. Will 62 spiders just jump on me as I walk out of the airport?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 11:17 AM)silverzx Wrote: How bigs the drift scene.

Missed this post. Fairly decent size I'd say. Lots of worked ca18det, sr20det, RB30, RB20 etc. Some like to swap ls1s into S chasis. Most capital cities would have an active drift scene. A lot of influence coming from Japan. I'm not involved at all but I'm happy to talk about drifting anyday.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 04:47 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Serious question, if I was to come out around the time of the state of origin, how hard and expensive is it to get tickets?

Secondly, I'm really unlucky with poisonous stuff. There's one poisonous snake in England, its rare as f*ck and I still got bit by one. Will 62 spiders just jump on me as I walk out of the airport?

They sell out so your best to pre-order. Interesting information about state of origin: They are considering delaying the telecast in Papua New Guinea because there were several deaths as a result of live coverage this year.

Your bound to meet one sooner or later. I would reconmend notifying the local hospital of your intention to fly here.
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2015, 12:44 PM)ozpug Wrote:
(24-07-2015, 04:47 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Serious question, if I was to come out around the time of the state of origin, how hard and expensive is it to get tickets?

They sell out so your best to pre-order. Interesting information about state of origin: They are considering delaying the telecast in Papua New Guinea because there were several deaths as a result of live coverage this year.

Your bound to meet one sooner or later. I would reconmend notifying the local hospital of your intention to fly here.
Cheers man. The PNG lads are mental for rugby league, to the point where they hide their age to keep playing. There was a lad playing over here for Hull and Bradford, Stanley Gene, he admitted after he retired that he played until 44!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gti6 Australia Dave 16 2,182 24-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Posting to australia lolsteve 3 1,385 04-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Last Post: lolsteve