Unplugged a fuse and now lights keep flickering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unplugged a fuse and now lights keep flickering
Thumbs Down 
Hey guys,

So I am leaving my car parked for a while and wanted to find the main fuse so the car couldnt be started etc. I tried to pull a few fuses and couldnt find the right one. I by accident pulled out a 20AMP fuse on the top right part of the fuse box.
I tried to find fuse box layouts but not sure if I have a Phase 1 or 2 to be honest.

I plugged the fuse back in, but then my headlights started to flicker. I got panicked and decided to unplug the brown relay under the steering column. It is a big 5 pin relay and heard it flickering every time the lights went on and off.

Can someone please tell me what I did and how to fix it? I cant clear the ECU yet, need to take it to a workshop for that sadly Sad And this had to happen after I misplaced my key as well! What a day! FFS

Thanks a mill guys, appreciate your help
Ex cars: '86 Opel Monza 1.6 GLS Puke & '97 Opel Astra 180ie 16v - oil spill & '07 VW Polo 1.9TDI (stolen) - Awesome car!

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." - Henry David Thoreau
Thanks given by:
Were they flashing on and off? Sounds like alarm to me on a ph1. You need to put that fuse back in, relay back in and start the car and it will stop Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah flashing on and off, no sound or anything though.

I thought it may be the alarm, but I started it even. Let me take her for a quick spin and see then

Edit: Here is the fuse that I had to unplug to stop it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-5-Pin-...4ae87cd1ba
Ex cars: '86 Opel Monza 1.6 GLS Puke & '97 Opel Astra 180ie 16v - oil spill & '07 VW Polo 1.9TDI (stolen) - Awesome car!

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." - Henry David Thoreau
Thanks given by:
If not, another thing to try is take the battery off, fuse and relay back in, key to stage one and battery back on
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: timpug
(14-05-2015, 04:32 PM)Niall Wrote: If not, another thing to try is take the battery off, fuse and relay back in, key to stage one and battery back on

Thank you kind sir, I shall try that next. I tried to take the battery off and plug it back in, but obviously a capacitor in the circuit kept charge.

So I just pulled the brown 25A relay out for the time being Smile

Thanks given by:
Took her for a drive, no dice Sad Still happens, left the relay out and thats that.

Thanks given by:
Ok so I left my battery off for 2 weeks while I visited SA and came back, put the brown relay back in, and the lights still flicker.

Is it possible I need to plug in an OBD port and clear errors/notifications?

I am not sure, at this stage I just left that relay out since its the alarm one as far as I can tell.
Any other advice or things I can try?

Thanks guys

Thanks given by:
Ok resolved this guys, just had to follow Nialls instructions properly and everything was ok Smile

Thanks given by:
Good to hear lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow flickering interor lights heater fast slow Welshy_Pete 13 3,368 21-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,467 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Odometer lights and clock lights inop bashbarnard 3 2,158 23-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno