306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Unplugged a fuse and now lights keep flickering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

So I am leaving my car parked for a while and wanted to find the main fuse so the car couldnt be started etc. I tried to pull a few fuses and couldnt find the right one. I by accident pulled out a 20AMP fuse on the top right part of the fuse box.
I tried to find fuse box layouts but not sure if I have a Phase 1 or 2 to be honest.

I plugged the fuse back in, but then my headlights started to flicker. I got panicked and decided to unplug the brown relay under the steering column. It is a big 5 pin relay and heard it flickering every time the lights went on and off.

Can someone please tell me what I did and how to fix it? I cant clear the ECU yet, need to take it to a workshop for that sadly Sad And this had to happen after I misplaced my key as well! What a day! FFS

Thanks a mill guys, appreciate your help
Were they flashing on and off? Sounds like alarm to me on a ph1. You need to put that fuse back in, relay back in and start the car and it will stop Smile
Yeah flashing on and off, no sound or anything though.

I thought it may be the alarm, but I started it even. Let me take her for a quick spin and see then

Edit: Here is the fuse that I had to unplug to stop it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-5-Pin-...4ae87cd1ba
If not, another thing to try is take the battery off, fuse and relay back in, key to stage one and battery back on
(14-05-2015, 04:32 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]If not, another thing to try is take the battery off, fuse and relay back in, key to stage one and battery back on

Thank you kind sir, I shall try that next. I tried to take the battery off and plug it back in, but obviously a capacitor in the circuit kept charge.

So I just pulled the brown 25A relay out for the time being Smile
Took her for a drive, no dice Sad Still happens, left the relay out and thats that.
Ok so I left my battery off for 2 weeks while I visited SA and came back, put the brown relay back in, and the lights still flicker.

Is it possible I need to plug in an OBD port and clear errors/notifications?

I am not sure, at this stage I just left that relay out since its the alarm one as far as I can tell.
Any other advice or things I can try?

Thanks guys
Ok resolved this guys, just had to follow Nialls instructions properly and everything was ok Smile
Good to hear lol