Who nicked my dust caps?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who nicked my dust caps?
(13-07-2015, 02:31 PM)Chr1sch Wrote: Im really quite pleased i didnt go lol

Why lol? We had a super time Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 02:20 PM)chylledapps Wrote: This all sounds a bit feisty, from nicked dustcaps to homophobic abuse in the time I was collecting the 306 trailer conversion from AlexScarborough.

Is gay going to be a theme, or more specifically anti gay? To be fair this sort of thing is what puts me off coming to meets and things, even tho you would never guess, I just CBA with the explaining and the use of 'other half' for my partner to avoid a confrontation. I love cars and I love men, the problem is that the 2 don't seem to go together as I should be driving a fiat 500 and working in a flower shop according to 'butch' domains like car forums

No one on here is homophobic, in fact i never ever seen it on a car forum at all. Why would anyone be interested in that sort of stuff anyway, or going on about it at a car meet/ show, after all your there to chat and get to know people. Also if you ask me, we live in the 21st century, so if anyone who is homophobic,  racist etc should just get with the times. As everyone is equal

(13-07-2015, 02:21 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(13-07-2015, 02:17 PM)procta Wrote: anyway apart from a sticker, theft and someone been a funny fucker, with a loosing a wheel. How did the car show go?

Show was great and first time for me hill is epic Smile

One thing i have never done is a hill climb! but knowing me, i would bin the car, and that's not what you want if you have to drive all the way back to the north east!
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 01:35 PM)toseland Wrote: Er. There was nothing Gay about the sticker I was putting on your car piggy.. It was a nice colourful sticker, that's it. Your prejudice and twisted beliefs about what is homosexual mean you feel it is gay and that is quite frankly not something that should be accepted in this day and ages society or today's world.

What was it the bible says? Love thy neighbour. Not love thy neighbour unless he is gay in which case it's ok to be a lady garden towards him

Your insinuation that it was gay is extremely offensive, homophobic, and quite frankly small minded and bigoted.. Now f*cking do one.

Are you gay then?
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
(13-07-2015, 02:20 PM)chylledapps Wrote: This all sounds a bit feisty, from nicked dustcaps to homophobic abuse in the time I was collecting the 306 trailer conversion from AlexScarborough.

Is gay going to be a theme, or more specifically anti gay? To be fair this sort of thing is what puts me off coming to meets and things, even tho you would never guess, I just CBA with the explaining and the use of 'other half' for my partner to avoid a confrontation. I love cars and I love men, the problem is that the 2 don't seem to go together as I should be driving a fiat 500 and working in a flower shop according to 'butch' domains like car forums

Please never think that we are in any way homophobic or anti-gay. Like any community, we don't all have the same outlook and opinions but I can honestly say anyone discriminating against anyone because of sexuality, or indeed gender, race, disability or social status is not in any way welcome here and will be dealt with accordingly. Sadly as I'm sure you're aware some people think like that but they would never be allowed to use the club as a place to air their views, and they would not be welcome here.

Professional stuff done. Get your arse to some meets!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye , Fooby
(13-07-2015, 02:40 PM)Lwilliams Wrote:
(13-07-2015, 01:35 PM)toseland Wrote: Er. There was nothing Gay about the sticker I was putting on your car piggy.. It was a nice colourful sticker, that's it. Your prejudice and twisted beliefs about what is homosexual mean you feel it is gay and that is quite frankly not something that should be accepted in this day and ages society or today's world.

What was it the bible says? Love thy neighbour. Not love thy neighbour unless he is gay in which case it's ok to be a lady garden towards him

Your insinuation that it was gay is extremely offensive, homophobic, and quite frankly small minded and bigoted.. Now f*cking do one.

Are you gay then?
Only for grant... And matt_rallye

My problem with this is just that.. It's a problem because apparently in some people's minds being gay is wrong.. It isn't, 
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Every one is entitled to their own opinions, I really hate how every one is so f*cking PC nowadays
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 02:41 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Please never think that we are in any way homophobic or anti-gay. Like any community, we don't all have the same outlook and opinions but I can honestly say anyone discriminating against anyone because of sexuality, or indeed gender, race, disability or social status is not in any way welcome here and will be dealt with accordingly. Sadly as I'm sure you're aware some people think like that but they would never be allowed to use the club as a place to air their views, and they would not be welcome here.

Professional stuff done. Get your arse to some meets!

In all honestly I couldn't agree more.. The banter is epic so as long as you can give as good as you get you will have a ball..er.. Yeah lol

And fiat 500s are a little manly..  Go with a ford street ka in pink Smile
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Ok that makes me more reassured, although I feel sorry for Grant who appears to be the 'Prison Bitch'

As for banter, I give as good if not better than I get and certainly don't get offended by non PC banter in any way shape or form.

Once the trailer is sorted I shall nominate myself as official 306oc caterer for events Tongue
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
Harsh?

Nvm got deleted... blink and you miss it lol
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 03:36 PM)chylledapps Wrote: Ok that makes me more reassured, although I feel sorry for Grant who appears to be the 'Prison Bitch'

As for banter, I give as good if not better than I get and certainly don't get offended by non PC banter in any way shape or form.

Once the trailer is sorted I shall nominate myself as official 306oc caterer for events [emoji14]
Grant loves it, he's very sub.

Thanks for that mate. I'm sure you can tell that I'm pretty horrified by what you've told me, I'm personally quite gutted that anyone has been made to feel that way and it makes me wonder if anyone else has been put off meets, shows or even the club entirely. I bloody hope not.
Thanks given by: 1616six
(13-07-2015, 03:36 PM)chylledapps Wrote: Ok that makes me more reassured, although I feel sorry for Grant who appears to be the 'Prison Bitch'

Once the trailer is sorted I shall nominate myself as official 306oc caterer for events Tongue

I don't know if you've seen my post on Page 2 Chylledapps but I hope you aren't put off, the large majority on here are very decent folk.
Thanks given by:
Grant is the official 306OC club winter warmer / spooning wench / struggle snugglee / bitch lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
It's not the first sticker I am annoyed about, I have nothing against you toseland when I came to pugfest as I had said my peace, made my peace with it and I even was chatting to you at the start of the show about your motor (which is why I go to car shows/meets)... it's the fact I explained to you that I didnt like it and not to do it again, I came to the show hoping it was all behind me. And you wanted to wind me up about it again.

I have to shut up and make peace when I offend others, when I NEVER mean to, why should I have to accept it when people are trying to offend me on purpose?

As Paul says, we are entitled to our opinions, that was mine. I shouldnt be forced to accept people messing with my car or forced to accept what other peoples opinions are.

and as no one has owned up to it, I will be 100% truthful about the caps...

It was ONLY ONE dust cap. BUT the tyre had been let down too. Which took me a while to figure out on the way home as its on the rear and the sidewalls are rock hard.

I said it was all of them in the hope someone would come forward and admit to one. But it seems it genuinely isnt anyone from OC from the other serious issues people had, loosening wheel bolts is NOT a joke and I really feel for matt there.

I think it wouldnt be a bad idea for admin perhaps to lock this tbh. It wasnt anyone at OC and I didnt want to make people argue. I really would like us all to get along!

The show and meet was ACE! A great day!

Please don't any one be put off for coming in the future... just check your wheels if you have left your car unattended!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmm......

With regard to the original issue, I think as most people would likely agree, and coming from someone who wasnt even there, its very unlikely anyone from here "nicked" your dust caps....not to keep / not return anyway.... And more to the point, as far as I'm concerned, at events like car shows etc, unless you are literally someones good friend, there is no reason for anybody to be touching anybody else's car at all, alot of these cars have ALOT of money and time into them, and its simply not fair, meant as a joke or not, for people to be touching them. Some people simply are not going to find it funny.

With regard to other discussions, I think its a real shame anybody would be afraid to come along to any meets for any reasons as such. The core forum / new members from my experience have a great community going on / certainly wouldn't judge people in any way shape or form. I have met 90% of my friends via this forum / group of people (and am personally quite a quiet / shy person), and have always felt 100% welcome at all events, so if there are any particular reasons why anyone wouldnt feel this way, I would urge them to speak to any one of us about it, as I'm sure it cant be quickly resolved. We are all in this for the same thing, and its only good things, so 100% come along and join in, everyone is always welcome (as long as your not letting tyres down / loosening wheel nuts and abusing other peoples cars!!)
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 12:05 PM)IPiggy Wrote: I know its petty....but they were bought someone who is very close to me but doesnt DO cars etc... so they had some sentimental value... obv no monetary value.

I hope too that you, Toesland, now has got it into your childish mind the deal with the stickers after Li put you in your place.

It was only a sticker , it's banter, you guys went a little ott about it just saying!
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
As a relative newbie (and back to the Peugeot scene after many many years away), this all makes for pretty disappointing reading if I'm brutally honest.

The fact that the scene has degenerated into something where some of the things done border on completely stupid and very, very dangerous, is pretty concerning. The bigger disappointment for me is the loss of respect. I think it's been mentioned but you go to a car show to look at the cars there. Not to interfere, let tyres down, steal things,undo things and make things dangerous. You go to look, and mostly respect the efforts of others, whether you like what's been done or not. If I were ever to catch someone f*cking with my car, it would be a beating dished out first. Not even sure if I'd bother with the questions later. You wouldn't be doing it again. Society as a whole is struggling with the loss of respect.

What concerns me as well is an undertone of revenge and allegiance. I'm not entirely sure what's happened in the past (I get the feeling from the odd post etc there was a fairly unacrimonious split in the club in the past) but it doesn't warrant some of the stuff going on. Again, it comes back to respect. Doesn't matter which side of the fence you are on, you don't f*ck with someone's else's car.

Pugfest and FCS are shows I'd like to do once my Rallye is finished. Antics like all of this make me think twice about ever wanting to go. If people cannot respect other people's feelings, wishes, property, then in all honesty, bloody well stay at home.

All in all, this whole debacle isn't a great advert for anything.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 07:26 PM)Ben_w Wrote: As a relative newbie (and back to the Peugeot scene after many many years away), this all makes for pretty disappointing reading if I'm brutally honest.

The fact that the scene has degenerated into something where some of the things done border on completely stupid and very, very dangerous, is pretty concerning. The bigger disappointment for me is the loss of respect. I think it's been mentioned but you go to a car show to look at the cars there. Not to interfere, let tyres down, steal things,undo things and make things dangerous. You go to look, and mostly respect the efforts of others, whether you like what's been done or not. If I were ever to catch someone f*cking with my car, it would be a beating dished out first. Not even sure if I'd bother with the questions later. You wouldn't be doing it again. Society as a whole is struggling with the loss of respect.

What concerns me as well is an undertone of revenge and allegiance. I'm not entirely sure what's happened in the past (I get the feeling from the odd post etc there was a fairly unacrimonious split in the club in the past) but it doesn't warrant some of the stuff going on. Again, it comes back to respect. Doesn't matter which side of the fence you are on, you don't f*ck with someone's else's car.

Pugfest and FCS are shows I'd like to do once my Rallye is finished. Antics like all of this make me think twice about ever wanting to go. If people cannot respect other people's feelings, wishes, property, then in all honesty, bloody well stay at home.

I agree mate whole heartedly, I'm 99% sure that all this dangerous behaviour was nothing to do with our club, so given that, what can you do?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'd just like to throw out there that this is the first time I went to Pugfest, got lots to eat at the BBQ for a fiver despite bringing coolbox filled only with beer and a couple of cans of coke with me because I'm an idiot, chatted to a few members some of which I have met before and many which I haven't, watched 306oc boss every game except the quiz which was basically straight off of the footnotes of Peugeot's wikipedia page, had a great night's sleep after accidentally passing out in my tent after many beers, woke up, packed up my tent, talked to a few more members who arrived that day, ate loads of bacon and had some tea, blatted up the hill a few times and looked at loads of cars, bought some really cheap parts, got loads of free air fresheners, got a bit of tan on my usually basement-dweller looking skin, and generally just had a great time with other people who I have nothing in common with other than an interest in old french cars nobody in their right mind would drive.

My bum was a bit sore when I woke up though so swings and roundabouts really.

Seriously, you should come next year. If anyone gives you actual shit about being gay I'm sure OC would sort them out in no time, myself included.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I had a good time, got my free toilet air freshener and met some good people from lots of clubs. Here for the cars and like minded people. There will always be people we don't get on with but that's life.
Thanks given by:
I just want to make a point here that i never thought i would have to.
If there is any homophobia going on here, said person will be banned for life. Same goes for anything like racism etc. If you are someone who is homophobic, racist etc then please keep your views to your self. It will not be tolerated.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: 1616six , Pebbles167 , Sian , Matt-Rallye
(13-07-2015, 07:32 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(13-07-2015, 07:26 PM)Ben_w Wrote: As a relative newbie (and back to the Peugeot scene after many many years away), this all makes for pretty disappointing reading if I'm brutally honest.

I agree mate whole heartedly, I'm 99% sure that all this dangerous behaviour was nothing to do with our club, so given that, what can you do?

Best thing to do there matt, is watch out for each other, and each others property!  If someone from another club wants to start playing funny f*ckers, let their club group leader know about it, so they can be told to leave.
Thanks given by:
Procta, if I'd found who was doing it I'd have turned them inside out then over to the Police in how ever many bits were left .......
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 08:16 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Procta, if I'd found who was doing it I'd have turned them inside out then over to the Police in how ever many bits were left .......

that's understandable too,
Thanks given by:
Hate to suggest it but your wheel nuts probably came undone by themselves. Especially if you weren't checking them between hill runs. Happened to me many times.

As for the rest, crock of shit and I suggest locking/deleting this thread. Looks very poor from an outside perspective (I am an outsider in this club).

Never put stickers on paintwork, only ever on glass. No chance of damage then
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 08:22 PM)adam b Wrote: Hate to suggest it but your wheel nuts probably came undone by themselves. Especially if you weren't checking them between hill runs. Happened to me many times.

As for the rest, crock of shit and I suggest locking/deleting this thread. Looks very poor from an outside perspective (I am an outsider in this club).

No they didn't mate, the rest were as tight as they should be, these four were falling out...
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 03:55 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Grant is the official 306OC club winter warmer / spooning wench / struggle snugglee / bitch lol

oo! can I borrow him next winter then?! Angel
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
I've seen it done myself, tyre fitter banged them up with a gun them used a bar, a week later both front wheels came loose, no lube on them.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 08:23 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(13-07-2015, 08:22 PM)adam b Wrote: Hate to suggest it but your wheel nuts probably came undone by themselves. Especially if you weren't checking them between hill runs. Happened to me many times.

No they didn't mate, the rest were as tight as they should be, these four were falling out...
Sorry mate but I was there, it was jacked up with my jack and I was in the car when it started wobbling, that was not accidental.
Thanks given by:
those bolts would have come out well before that point had it been the fitter tbh...

its a shame, might be worth having a word with site security liam and just letting them know that some scrub was pissing with it..

probably one of the "usual" groups
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Firstly, i just want to say the thread has stayed here because we, the owners, and the moderators, do honestly want to hear peoples views.

For me its clearly something I want demonstrated that we as a club DON'T tolerate this behaviour and will deal with any incidents very seriously.

Just to further add though, for clarity, the serious incidents talked about in this thread I believe are nothing to do with this club. Its more, what was witnessed and what happened (bar the drunkenness, in which the individuals have been spoken to). In such that we as a club and community recognise what we saw as bad, or wrong, and not how we want people to behave when they are in our company.

So lets be clear, we've made our view strong on what we will and will not tolerate. If people have a different opinion then, that's fine, you are perfectly entitled to it and if you have any disagreements that please contact me and discuss, I'm a reasonable guy and will listen.

However, I have not heard all sides of any conversations, only my interpretation of them. But I must stress, as Niall has, we will not tolerate any discrimination of any kind, against anyone. Again, I'm not saying this has happened, I'm not saying it will. But I do want to be absolutely clear when deliver this message about our club. Every person I have met, some of the best people in my life I know through this forum and they all share our belief's.

So, I implore everyone, have a great time when you come to see each other in our shitty phase 2 Diablo French cars. Respect each other, look out for each other and enjoy yourself.

Fooby, out.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by: Niall , Sian , Matt-Rallye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dust cap freaks rant karl1989 21 7,758 10-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Last Post: JamesG
  And another one bites the dust.... samass 13 4,279 29-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo