Job Hunt and Health Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job Hunt and Health Issues
A old colleague used to ALWAYS pull sickies and it was so obvious. One day he phoned in to our manager and said he was off sick. Obviously i could only hear one side of the story but my manager laid into him. "f*ck sake, you were out on the piss last night, let the team down" blah blah. Next thing he walks to his computer and opens his emails then bursts out laughing and says fair enough guess you are ill.

Got off the phone and invited everyone into our office to look at the computer.

The guy off sick was genuinely sick. He reckons he had mild food poisoning. Throwing up everywhere, shitting non stop. Anyway, he's thrown up on him self in bed in the middle of the night so gone and had a bath. Sitting in the bath hanging over the bog to throw up in there and he's reached once and suddenly the water has changed colour in the bath. Yep, shit him self and being typical sick shit, it was like half melted chocolate ice cream. Filled the bath with shitty water and lumps.
He was so proud! We were looking at the computer because as proof he was ill, he had sent a picture of the bath filled with shitty water and floaters to our manager. He wasn't embarrassed at all lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: Silky
These stories sound horrific and are why I'd never eat a takeaway or get drunk and tbh would prefer never to have to eat again. It's not about embarrassment any more (I embarrass myself all the time anyway, never gonna see the people again so don't care), I just can't stand getting ill, I can just about cope with shits at home after having no choice in the matter from roughly the start of high school, but I still can't away from home, and I'd rather die than have anything worse than shits... It's obviously inevitable that at some point it will happen, I will get ill, I can't cope with knowing that, haven't been able to ever tbh. I've always avoided anything with even a remote risk of making me unwell. Unfortunately food can't be avoided altogether, but I go through hell and many rituals just to eat dinner, usually have it burnt to a crisp...still if I don't burn my tongue on it I worry it's not cooked...even after that I'll worry about it all night....doesn't help that guts are on the move all night as well...

But again, that's only one fairly small part of everything. Undecided
Thanks given by:
shittin yourself must be a regular occurrence as ive removed quite a few shit stained pairs of pants from toilet cisterns around the hospital i work oh! male and female toilets so its not limited to blokes Big Grin

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2015, 06:13 PM)Niall Wrote: A old colleague used to ALWAYS pull sickies and it was so obvious. One day he phoned in to our manager and said he was off sick. Obviously i could only hear one side of the story but my manager laid into him. "f*ck sake, you were out on the piss last night, let the team down" blah blah. Next thing he walks to his computer and opens his emails then bursts out laughing and says fair enough guess you are ill.

Got off the phone and invited everyone into our office to look at the computer.

The guy off sick was genuinely sick. He reckons he had mild food poisoning. Throwing up everywhere, shitting non stop. Anyway, he's thrown up on him self in bed in the middle of the night so gone and had a bath. Sitting in the bath hanging over the bog to throw up in there and he's reached once and suddenly the water has changed colour in the bath. Yep, shit him self and being typical sick shit, it was like half melted chocolate ice cream. Filled the bath with shitty water and lumps.
He was so proud! We were looking at the computer because as proof he was ill, he had sent a picture of the bath filled with shitty water and floaters to our manager. He wasn't embarrassed at all lol

niall that has cheered me right up that has!
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2015, 06:48 PM)cully Wrote: shittin yourself must be a regular occurrence as ive removed quite a few shit stained pairs of pants from toilet cisterns around the hospital i work oh! male and female toilets so its not limited to blokes Big Grin

Err...it's a hospital, of course it's full of ill people!! Confused lol Could at least put them in the bin though...if I went in a toilet and saw someones shitty pants I'd probably run out screaming... lol
Thanks given by:
Do you have any spare space? Not fancy breaking a couple of cars or bikes for quick cash?
Amazon and eBay keep buyers at arms length and could be a perfect work from home or available space close to home?
Only really common sense required when looking at and judging as good or worn out parts!
Been on eBay for 13 years and had 100℅ positive fb the whole time
I used to pick up an old Honda or yamaha for £100-£150 strip clean and list all parts and once I hit £500-£600 bin the rest and go buy 2 more!
Poss worth a shot but if you can't make
200-300℅+profit it isn't worth it time and hassle wise!
Thanks given by:
Don't have space now but I've done it before, broke a Golf and about 5 306s, 306s weren't worth breaking time I stopped though, I'd guess Mk4 Golf prices have dropped in 3 years as well. Need to know where the money is with cars! Would be more profit in buying newer salvage to repair and sell on...if you can sell it lol.

I do actually like breaking cars, probably as much as fixing them, but its not really legal if you've bought purely to break. Should have a breakers licence and be on land that can be contained for all the fluids etc. Not something that can be done by one person on a residential driveway unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
Buy things in bulk wholesale, buy packaging in bulk and re-sell them on ebay?

You'd have to declare it as income etc. but you could do it all from home, get all the things delivered to you, package it up at home and send it out. You only have to deal with people via messages in your ebay inbox, which isn't any different from writing things on 306oc.

It's also flexible around bathroom breaks etc. etc. Plus you have all the equipment already needed, a computer and time on your hands.

Things like USB sticks or LED torches or other small items etc. where a box of a few hundred wouldn't take up that much space.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
It's a nice idea in theory and getting closer to reality in terms of what I can do. But you can pick up USB sticks for under a quid posted on ebay. After purchase, postage, ebay and paypal fees there cant be any profit there, must be all done on quantity but you'd have to sell 1000's a day to make enough profit to live. I don't have the space for that even if the custom was there. Need to know what sells well as well, I never really buy anything other than food or diesel so don't know what people buy lol.
Thanks given by:
Break motorbikes! Dirt bikes are easier as there's no V5 or sorn to worry about and only have about 2 litres of fluid throughout the whole bike! Commuter bikes are great autumn winter breakers and dirtbikes for summer and spring!
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2015, 09:08 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Break motorbikes! Dirt bikes are easier as there's no V5 or sorn to worry about and only have about 2 litres of fluid throughout the whole bike! Commuter bikes are great autumn winter breakers and dirtbikes for summer and spring!

Waste sites shouldn't charge for waste engine oil (We dont) so just break air cooled road bikes and your onto a winner!

Bikes are incredibly cheap to buy and stupidly easy to rip apart and the demand is there for parts. They dont take up much room, just rent a garage on the nearest council estate (not far from home for those all important bog breaks) and work in the daylight hours with a basic toolkit and then clean / picture / list the parts on ebay. job done.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I know literally nothing about bikes... lol

Surely the breakers licence still applies though? I don't want to be doing anything illegal. I wouldn't survive in prison. Confused

How would I get them? Obviously I don't have a bike licence and I take it they don't fit in the back of a hatch?
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom,

Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods, it aint stopped raining here for the past 3 days!!

You seemed in a black place yesterday which is why I posted.

I have the image of you stuck in a dingy flat with nowhere to fix cars, which I feel you enjoy and gives you the "kick", feel good feeling every one needs.

You have a skill, which lets face it others do not have, they are glued to a bloody playstation all day.

The amount of pissheads I see on the bus carrying home a 24 pack of carling is appauling. No skills other than drinklng beer, no hope, no motivation, no life.

Anyways don't spend your days stuck inside internet surfing, go out for a walk, your a towny now so will have good access to the libraries, use the internet there, you will see people and be seen, maybe meet someone. You will have your own space and the library should be calm and quiet. I know you have bowl problems etc, but adult nappies are available ( free from jc+ if you need them ) , you probably have anx problems as well, but the nappies are discreet.

you have to fight your problems, but seek help, it is out there.

be patient with jc+ staff as they are a very demoralized workforce, what with services farmed out by the government, working links etc, the head honshow woman resigned and got a £6million ( 6 MILLION ) good bye, wtf??!!

jc+ staff know that their jobs are going, jc+'s are gunna close!

They do not care about what's beyond their desks and other than talking and taking a signature, have nothing to offer, even FE is gunna change, and the chancellor says we need a high wage high skilled economy, htf is that gunna happen?

my jobclub advisor says I will never get a job again, and as to the £9 minimum wage, it aint gunna happen!

I asked her about the pension credit lark, as a normal person, a tax payer, and she said that if she could do that, she would jump at the chance!

I do not have internet at home, mainly because I feel it would make me more of a recluse than I am at the moment.

anyways have a good day and keep positive.

ps if you want to know about bikes, get a Honda 90, learn all about it, then a cg125 and learn all about that, then an old 250 like a cb250n or similar and do the same. you will learn of the real clever design like oil pump drives that don't and designed in oil leaks and stupid ideas that Honda should know better about.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Pug (forgotten your name, sorry Undecided ), yeah I am getting hours or even days of very deep darkness again unfortunately. It's not a dingy flat (much nicer than my bedroom was at home, very light, no damp, plus the suns in the room all day through the French doors) and it is sunny here atm...unfortunately I have to admit defeat there and claim 'depression' (as much as I hate the word) as it's clearly mental rather than external influences causing that.

I don't have a playstation...do have an Xbox but not even switched it on since moving, more of a winter thing when the weathers crap lol, but I don't spend all day glued to it anyway. You're right though, a lot of people do 'chose' (just my observation without knowing their circumstances) to waste their time with games or alcohol or whatever when I genuinely want to work.

I try not to spend all day inside, I do usually go out at least once a day no matter how bad I feel, even if it's just a walk around the block (takes about an hour) or a drive somewhere if my bowels aren't safe enough for a walk lol. I only plug the laptop in during cheap electric (2-5pm during the day) which obviously limits me to battery alone so when it dies it forces me out haha. Smile I can't seem to meet people though, most of the places I go am surrounded by people but just can't seem to interact with them which makes me feel even lonlier tbh, sounds daft I know but it's one thing that does get me down, really thought I'd have found some fwends that aren't hundreds of miles of cable away on the other side of a screen but don't know how or what to do for that. Anyone with young kids readin this make sure they know what to do when they're still young! Confused

I do try and stay positive, as you know it's not easy though lol.
Thanks given by:
Break them down enough to fit in the hatchback! Or buy a cheap hdi estate cos you can fit a cr250 in it on its side without stripping it, just need to pull the tank and carb!
Thanks given by:
keep it together tom pal!
Thanks given by:
I suffer from bouts of depression now and again and you've got to battle out of it. I was in the depth of drug addiction going back about 5 years ago, I've been to counselling, narcotics anonymous and been through hell and back from depression /anxiety/paranoia

Waking up every morning wanting to kill yourself is not a nice thing.

Depression is a f*cking horrible thing, makes you think irrationally and do f*cking stupid stuff. I can sense it coming on and can normally get myself out of it, but with everything that's going on with my dad and the cancer at the moment it's f*cking hard, real hard.

Doesn't help my wife knee is f*cked and my brother in law is a psycho and we've just been told his mental health is "unstable " and the parent in law have gone away leaving us with in case of emergency numbers (the looney bin)... Great. Not as though he's tried killing half the family in their sleep with a knife....

I'm not going to lie but I cringe a hell of lot reading what you've written sometimes. You need to stop being so negative, trust me I've been there and it does you no favours. I know it's hard to do but you really need to see the positive in things. Just think there are people in this world that are in a lot worse state than yourself

Sorry if you've taken offense to this but that's just my 2p

I've found something that has helped massively in a weird way is something called 5 htp from holland and Barrett.
Basically replaces the serotonin in your brain and helps regulate nearly everything in your body as well so may help with your ibs
Thanks given by:
Saw this earlier...seemed fitting... lol

[Image: be83d4f325dcaa34d8ddf01779b0e28d.jpg]

Anyway, I have read and taken on board the replies in this thread, so thanks all. Smile

I need to set an action plan for this. So tomorrow will try and sort the JSA mess that I caused, hopefully I can just cancel it there and then. Will also hopefully ask if they have any info or advice for self employment. Will also register with a local doctor, hopefully. Then, hopefully, apply for the therapy shite again, but a different area than before as you can only do one area at a time.

Hopefully that's what happens anyway... Smile
Thanks given by:
Thats really good news Tom you're going to give it a shot. Its not going to be a walk in the park for you by any means but make sure you stick at it!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
So, some of you know this didn't exactly go to plan.

Anyway, I finally managed to go in the job centre place to see about cancelling the JSA claim...just be given a phone number as that's the only way to cancel it...f*ck you Alexander Graham Bell. Dodgy So it starts again with trying phone them lol...

Didn't/couldn't ask if they had any info or advice on being self employed but it doesn't seem like the right place to ask anyway, they only seem interested in benefits there. Is there an actual place to ask for job advice, like what quals would be needed or what's legal or not?

Re: doctors, not managed to go in there either yet. Does anyone know if you're not allowed to use previous doctors after moving? Just wondering if it'd be easier to go to the previous surgery, at least I wouldn't have to try and register first, but think you have to change after moving?

Was talking to someone earlier though, who does mobile mechanics on the other side of Ipswich. He only does 'easy' things and wouldn't do clutches or cambelts etc, but makes enough money doing that. I had assumed it was big jobs that earnt the money with that but maybe not. Do you need qualifications or traders insurance or anything? If it's just changing brakes, oil & filters servicing, pre-MOT checks, OBD2 scans etc on my own flexible time that's something that I may be able to do?
Thanks given by:
Insurance the one thing that I worry about when doing brakes for someone!
I have no probs doing brakes but do worry that the person drives away has an accident and they or their family try to blame me for it! :-(
Thanks given by:
Hmm, that's a good point, maybe not then!
Thanks given by:
I believe you need public liability insurance, which is cheap monthly.

Just go for it, and cherry pick the jobs you do and don't want to do.

If you're that worried about it go for test drives with them once the work is done and put a tick box on the invoice/reciept/bill at the end saying "I confirm that the above work has been completed to a satisfactory standard after testing driving the vehicle" or something.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Just had a letter through to say my JSA claim has been accepted... How the hell do they work that out!? Guess I'll have to try and phone to cancel it at the weekend (costs too much during the week!), hoped it was gonna come back refused so I wouldn't have to. Uh. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Made some progress today...finally been in the docs...and they didn't have any registration forms. lol

Got some printed so now have to fill hem in and drop them back next week.

Suppose that's something at least.
Thanks given by: 1616six
Tom getting accepted for jsa is a good thing!
They can and will help you and you can now claim other things like housing support
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 06:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Made some progress today...finally been in the docs...and they didn't have any registration forms. lol

Good progress, glad to hear it Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 07:19 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 06:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Made some progress today...finally been in the docs...and they didn't have any registration forms. lol

Good progress, glad to hear it Smile

This.  Good news man!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Go to hear Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 07:16 PM)swampy Wrote: Tom getting accepted for jsa is a good thing!
They can and will help you and you can now claim other things like housing support

No it isn't, because I'm unable to do the things that I'm meant to do for it in the contract. I should be on ESA. Massively over-estimated my abilities and underestimated restrictions tbh. Can't apply for ESA until I have a diagnosis/doctors letter though. However part of my JSA contract was to get a diagnosis anyway. So either way that needs to be the next step unfortunately...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motorsport/Automotive Engineering Job Hunt Kezzieboy 29 6,425 05-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  At Least i have my health... Ben Jay 40 6,865 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Matt
  Puffin dies after wandering into sexual health clinic. Ruan 9 3,350 08-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Eeyore