Front fog light bulb replacement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front fog light bulb replacement
My wife has a 306 estate which had front fog/spot lights abd they are not working. I need to replace them and looked at the Haynes disinformation manual. It states that "Some models are fitted with front foglights which have no securing screws visible from the front of the lens. At the time of writing, no information was available for this type of foglight" :nope: This is of no great help to me. How do I access these to replace the bubs - I cannot even see them from under the car and they seem to be intergal to the front bumper. Any information would be gratefully revieved.............. Smile
Thanks given by:
What sort of flight is it? Is it a round one or a D shaped one? I know the round ones have covers on the back that you can open
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure the D-shaped ones were the same. You don't need to take the bumper off to change them, they're just a bit of a pain to get to.
Thanks given by:
D ones are the same. Need to take the arch liners off, and possibly the washer bottle, but possibly not, cant quite remember
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Arch liners yes, but not the washer bottle. If they're the round ones, you may need to have the washer bottle off though, seems to be less space behind the ph3 fogs than the ph2.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No need to take the washer bottle off, take the plastic liner off that sits underneath (3 torx screws, 2 through front of arch liner 1 through the bottom) the lift the arch liner up out of the way. Unclip the cap on the back of the fog light from the bottom and remove to change the bulb.
On the driver's side one there's a section of loom that makes getting the cap relocated a pain...to get round this undo the fixing screw that secures the bottom leg of the fog light. You can get the cap on a lot easier as there's a little movement in the fog light unit with this removed.
As Haynes would say, refitting is the reverse of the above.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fog lights, new bulb ROBCAT 0 1,181 14-06-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ROBCAT
  Front fog light bulbs blowing Tidoh2016 2 1,247 13-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Last Post: gurj306
  Ph1 replacing dual bulb headlight assembly with a single bulb H4 one The Coolest 9 2,262 13-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Last Post: The Coolest