Still stuck

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still stuck
Hi still stuck in sn14 6uz payed for green flag guy came out now not recovering me as car had no tax and I had no clue about

is there some one who could let me put the car at there house for safe keeping or even better some were I could fix it. if i went  home for my spare engine. I have used so much money now and getting pissed off 

If anyone can help me in any way be great
Thanks given by:
Put an add up on Shiply for recovery. You might get a good deal.

Can you not just tax your car? Set up a DD?
Thanks given by:
I'm a tad far being 100 miles away but if you get it here you can leave it at mine no trouble. Think I have a spare GTi6 cam belt here but I'm not even gonna try fitting it.

Couldn't you just tax it online?

If not there is a place in andover/ferndown (so not a million miles away from combe) that will rent you a recovery truck for 24 hours http://www.abacusvanhire.co.uk/vans/car-transporter/

Oh if you tax your car online they don't take the first DD payment for 10 days Wink
Thanks given by:
Going to tax it but even if I do they still won't come out for the same problem twice aaaaaa

My dad trying to help just trying to get more options out there

Turning into a very expensive weekend

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Bollox man wish I could help!!!
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 12:38 PM)xudlingo Wrote: Going to tax it but even if I do they still won't come out for the same problem twice aaaaaa

So maybe you fixed the belt and it immediately developed a different problem Wink

Smashed sump, split fuel tank? Anything they cant fix at the side of the road.
Thanks given by:
Get your dad to Phone my sis Fiona!, she must have a branch of FPS near where u are and organise parts to collect or plead for a delivery!
Thanks given by:
What a nightmare!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Tax it and call them out again. Explain the issue. Its worth a shot. If its taxed and MOTd you can probably just push it out onto a local road and leave it parked there for a while.

You still have pebbles number dont you? Try him?
Thanks given by:
Just spoke to Fi, she has a branch in Bristol and still has all the part numbers from when you priced up the parts and can quite likely save yo ass!
She's calling your dad now!
Thanks given by:
Been on phone to him he been brill Tring to help

We have phoned them and explained everything they just not going to help
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 12:54 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Tax it and call them out again. Explain the issue. Its worth a shot. If its taxed and MOTd you can probably just push it out onto a local road and leave it parked there for a while.

You still have pebbles number dont you? Try him?

If he can't be recovered, I'll head to Combe, and tow him back to Melksham. He can then leave his car at my house as long as needed. 
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: Redordead89
Pfft sounds like bull shit.

I had no insurance/tax and got recovered over 100 miles before (with the AA however).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
if the belt is off then it'll have mashed vales, a new belt wont help much.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 01:11 PM)silverzx Wrote: Pfft sounds like bull shit.

I had no insurance/tax and got recovered over 100 miles before (with the AA however).
Depends what they send for recovery, flat bed wouldn't matter if it was taxed or mot'd but I'm guessing it was a can with an a frame type sent out? And that would need tax and mot to be towed
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 03:19 PM)Connor Wrote:

Depends what they send for recovery, flat bed wouldn't matter if it was taxed or mot'd but I'm guessing it was a can with an a frame type sent out? And that would need tax and mot to be towed

If they are recovering it from Combe to Scotland surely they'd arrange a flat bed? I know with RAC if it's more than something like 20 miles they arrange a flat bed as I once got recovered from Thetford to Swaffham and it was 19.9 miles on his satnav, he said if it was over 20 I'd have to wait for a flat bed!
Thanks given by:
what a f*ck on that is for you pal! hope your sorted soon!
Thanks given by:
sorry to hear you're still stuck mate, I was one of the lads that gave you a push, I'd phone them out again tbh and make up some bullshit story, doesn't really matter what they think about it, say you got it going and then something else went wrong . . . .very much doubt they'll argue, all the best mate anyway . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 03:19 PM)Connor Wrote:

I was on an A frame, thinking back it might of had a tax disc to be fair but it certainly wasn't insured.

Zak can testify this.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Any joy?
Thanks given by:
yeh whats happening guys?
Thanks given by:
I now have it taxed dvla suck, going to cost 350 ish to take home just cant affored that

totally out of options so my dad buying a espace that he had his eye on. Its about 100 mile up from here and going to use that to tow 306 home thats the plan. Now I have to listen to him saying clios are the best saving me lol (thats what he using to get espace)

fingers crossed
Thanks given by:
Hope it all goes well fella, I've made the same mistake but lesson learned for next time, it's just not worth not having breakdown cover Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yes we'll it have it now just need to make sure dvla leave me with tax this time lol
Thanks given by:
That is some serious shit luck! How did it end up not being taxed?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Long story but basically dd failed still coming up online as taxed. So I tried to tax it and post office she said it's coming up as taxed so I can't tax it for you. I then phoned dvla they told me to go to post office I then said I have tried that then he basically was no help. I thought f*ck it i just wait till they chase me up next year as it did say was taxed to 2016 I was thinking they just send me a fine for price tax. I checked just last month and was still taxed

Beware when doing online dd do it in postoffice done 2 and both fine
Thanks given by:
Ahh yeah I had a similar issue, trying to sorn a car and they wouldn't let me "as it was already sorn" then Sent me a letter saying they were going to fine me for not sorning the car!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
They are also sending me letters for a car I bought then sold. wanting money I can only guess for tax for the 2 weeks I owned it lol
Thanks given by:
Woo hoo it's home ended up having a 1.5 clio tow me right across the cuntry not fun but needs must 

Parked up with the died van looks like new head tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Well done mate. What a nightmare you've had. But for next time, remember to plan Wink
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: