Help! Need power steering high pressure feed pipe for a 97 306!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Need power steering high pressure feed pipe for a 97 306!
Hey guys- Does anyone know if I can buy one of these from anywhere? I've had the car for 4 years and it came with me from London down to Ramsgate when I moved, and I've used it for a tonne of fishing trips and little adventure so I've become genuinely attached to it. It's an auto- I don't know if this affects the power steering pipe? My local garage said I might have to scrap it if I can't get a new one!!!!!!! This seems ridiculous! The car may be old but it's lovely. Full of character and runs well. Seems a tragedy to lose her over a pipe.... Any replies will be hugely gratefully received- Cheers, Gazza

PS I found a spare on ebay, but it's for the GTI6 version of the 306.... Do you think it would work on the standard version?
Thanks given by:
That's ridiculous, it's not that old lol. You might have problems where it's an automatic, i don't know if the pipes are the same, but i can't see anything wrong with fitting a second-hand part - it's not a part that is a known issue, so is unlikely to go again unless ypu have an underlying problem. Worst case scenario any hydraulics supplier should be able to sort you out something that will fit, not the cheapest option, but cheaper than another car by a long shot.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
OK,

I'll assume that you have asked Peugeot if they have any?? If not, I'd be asking. When you do, ask them if they can see if any other dealers have then part. There's a chance you could call them, pay over the phone and they will post it if its not too big?

Did the garage offer to scrap it for you? Ulterior motive I think if they did!!! Is it a hard pipe, line a brake pipe, or a soft pipe? A hard pipe could be knocked up easily, a soft pipe as mentioned from a supplier, Pirtek and the like.

I find it hard to believe they are not available. Panels etc yes, but parts like this? Odd....?

You didn't say what engine is was......

2.0 auto cab being broken here...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/361148899284?nav=SEARCH

Well I'll be damned. Looks like the are no longer available....

This is the service box diagram for my Rallye...not sure if its the same part number as for yours but both the High and low pressure pipes are marked as No Further Production.....

[Image: Screenshot_2015-06-02-08-03-24_zpsqrnonh1y.png]
Thanks given by:
Hello Poodle and Ben- cheers for the replies guys- yeah its out of production! Seems crazy really, as there are lots of 306's on the road. It's the only car I've ever enjoyed owning, so I'm gonna wait a while and try to see if I can pick the part up off Ebay- a chap has got one for a 98 1.8 306, but it's for the GTi version and I'm just checking around at the moment to see if it would be compatible... The hydraulics company idea is a good one....
Thanks given by:
Gareth, PM me your chassis number and I'll check on service box.

I've a feeling it was the same part across all models.

Hmmmm, looking at your post count, I'm not sure if you can PM yet...

My email is ben_wells77 at Yahoo dot co dot uk if you wanted to email it.
Thanks given by:
If you cant find the exact part you need, just about any 306 one will likely work even if it needs a bit of bending if the sump / box design is different, but would be no problem at all to fit.

Failing all of that, simply remove the old pipe, take it to a hydrolic place and ask them to make a hose the same length with those ends in flexi, wouldnt cost more than £20.00. Deffo dont scrap it, garage having your pants down!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Garage are having you over. Either get a second hand replacement or a hydraulic place should be able to repair yours for not a lot!
Like others have said, its not a part that often fails
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys- sorry for this late reply- I messaged Peugeotparts.co.uk.... They've got one left and I'm gonna order it for £84 + VAT then get if fitted (won't be too much)... After what you've said, I'm kind of confident I can keep the old girl running for a long time if I'm careful and become a bit more savvy about parts! Like some of you have said, this part is unlikely to go wrong usually, so fingers crossed!... Will be taking more of an interest in the interior of the car from now on- the engine, suspension etc, as this whole thing has been fun, to be honest. Cheers, Gazza
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry but you just paid £100 + whatever postage for a part you could have gotten from a breaker for less than 1/3rd of the price? That's just nuts.

What was the Peugeot part number?
Thanks given by:
Hello Ben- the part is 4020RG.... I phoned about 6 breakers yards and nobody could provide it... I can get hold of slightly different ones for cheap? I can get a 306GTI 1.8 version (I've got a 306 1.8, but it's not GTI)- I've been told that this would work but that it would be different going around the sump plug? Anyway- not made the purchase yet... The guy wants me to ring him and pay by Visa- Dean from an old looking website called peugeotparts.co.uk..... Pretty sure they're OK but if I've not met someone I'm hesitant to pay by Visa... Especially when their email comes with a bit stating their paypal address... Anyway, told them I can only pay by paypal, and I'm waiting for a reply... Anybody heard of them or had dealings with them?
Thanks given by:
He's still not got back to me; just checked and the website owners are based near Dublin... I'm in Southern England! If I paid by Visa over a phone and then never sent it, I'd be screwed...
Thanks given by:
Don't bother. Sounds little too odd. Given the valuve of your car, its not worth throwing that kind of money at a new part.

Visit your local pirtek or the like and have a pipe made up.
Thanks given by:
I was thinking that they could make the pipe up but would have trouble with the connections on the end, though, Ben? Oh well- can always try.. Was going to try a 1.8 gti pipe first?
Thanks given by:
Cconnections is what these guys do. They get called out to all sorts.....end up repiping JCB, fork lift trucks, lorries etc. I'd be surprised if they couldn't.

Might be worth trying the other pipe first. They never made a 1.8 GTi6 though
Thanks given by:
Have ordered the pipe- same size engine a 1.8, but from a GTI- will get here next wednesday and I'll book the garage for thursday... Will let you guys know how I get on with it... If no go, then the hydraulics route... The beast shall live once more...

This was the add- he had a couple, I think:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-GT...1414119859

The guy said the engine is basically the same but the sump is a bit different... Bascially, it can be fitted- just hope the garage are cool with it. See no reason why not? I'm not interested in owning post-2000 cars all that much really. I like old ones, and of the part will work, then I think he should get creative- the sump is a small issue, really...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Steering Pump, All The Same? bigcheez2k3 14 4,177 20-11-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: vento85
  Power steering rack.....replacement options Jellomanpie 9 3,516 30-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Power Sterering Ram/ Steering damper pugfrank 6 3,125 08-11-2019, 01:47 PM
Last Post: pugfrank