1.8 Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 Turbo
Atterz Wrote:Im seriously debating wether to go down the 1.8 route due to the serious weight advantage there, definatly more Rallye spec! If turboed id aim for a max of 300Bhp and focus massively on the response of the engine as opposed to massive power and loads of lag! Supercharger + turbo on a 1.8? O yes please.

Supercharged, turbo'd, injection engine? I'm not having Peugeot 306 STI on the back of my car!

Would be massively win though.
Kent, easy said than done mate!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No it's piece of piss cable tie a turbo to a random hole and shebang Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:No it's piece of piss cable tie a turbo to a random hole and shebang go the rods Smile.
Fixed
Thanks given by:
Lol Smile got the sticker today scott looks great will order big one on monday.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just FYI - there's someone using an Mi16 block with XU5 rods and crank making it 83mm bore x 73mm stroke... That makes it a 1599cc (if you do the calcs it's wrong - that's because it's actually 83.5mm pistons and liners as it's overbored) - that's made 250hp with 12psi on a Rotrex charger...

The Mi16 block is VERY close to an XU7JP4 block, so similar infact you can shove Mi16 liners in a XU7 block - it's only the crank and rods that are really different... Peugeot wouldn't have designed an entire new engine just for a middle range 1.8 - they love recycling parts!

It's got a GTi6 head on a 83mm block - proving it can be done... Just more to say GET IT DONE!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
What is the crankshaft rotation on a Honda B18? I'm thinking it might be the wrong way, but making bespoke engine mounts and driveshafts for a Honda lump would probably be less troublesome and easier in the long run! Loads of aftermarket fanimolds for that engine too, so that part would be relatively cheap.

Not the same though, I guess.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Wrong way on a B series, yeah, but it doesn't matter, shove the gearbox on the other side, it's been done before...

K Series however Wink 26* slant and everything Wink

But then - it'd end up so custom - driveshafts, engine mounts, management, exhausts, cocking up the handling... It's not worth it, the Peugeot XU is a GOOD engine, the J4RS head is an epic head as standard, you've just got to remember they're NOT VVT/VVL - they're nigh on the highest output NA non-VVL/VVT engine you can get from the factory - just needs a bit of work and time and they're a REALLY good engine...

The B series aren't all that reliable when you boost them... The K series is a great engine but then you're looking at £1k for a bare engine alone... You could put that towards some shiny bits for an XU/EW and be there in no time at all.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing you don't mean the Rover K-series right?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
K20 probs (Type R)?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:I'm guessing you don't mean the Rover K-series right?

No, Honda K Series...

K20, K24 etc...
Thanks given by:
why not use a k03 off a vag 1.8t, surely freely available as a lot of people sack them off for k04s
Thanks given by: