FCS 2015 - French theme

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCS 2015 - French theme
Well its been decided in the theme thread that we are going for a French theme (original right? lol ). I thought id start a new thread as the old one became very cluttered.
How are we going to make our stand French? (other than French cars everywhere!)
The club does have a bit of a budget for this and of course, that can be increased if people wish to donate to this. We will have the 2 club flags, the banner and the gazebo on the stand so if anything can be worked in with this, please suggest!
Toseland has kindly offered to source a balloon arch in red white and blue however i think this is out of our budget. We can however get some foil balloons saying "306oc".

Get your thinking caps on ladies!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There is a reason most people go for Hawaiian or Surf etc, its easy to do, looks good, and reminds people of the coming summer.

But French theme it is, so lets get to it.

In my opinion there are very few things that could easily be applied to the stand that are quintessentially French. You have the obvious cliches such as breadsticks, black and white shirts, berets and cigarettes. But it this what we want to do? If so, then great, lets get to it.

I propose a big Eiffel Tower statue made out of... well made out of whatever as the centre point of the stand?
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Can we not all just walk round smoking cigarettes excessively with an over inflated air of self importance? Could make a big pan of cock a leekie too Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
my car will get some extra frenchness for the frenchy theme

We need some classic 20s-30s french music over the stand too, I can try and build a quick sound box out of some 6x9s n a stereo but a record player would sound better.

We doing the t shirts Niall???
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Accordion based music on loop - winning
Thanks given by:
We could all not wash for a couple of weeks.
Thanks given by:
I'll fetch a Bluetooth speaker for the French tuneage if required, what about French kissing and lingerie' Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 07:10 AM)Piggy Wrote: my car will get some extra frenchness for the frenchy theme

We need some classic 20s-30s french music over the stand too, I can try and build a quick sound box out of some 6x9s n a stereo but a record player would sound better.

We doing the t shirts Niall???

Nous sommes 306oc?
Thanks given by:
If people want t shirts I can sort something out on our shop tonight Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'll bring my toolkit in case a vw drives too close to the stand and everyone's engines "give up"
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I'll bring some white flags for our surrender to other clubs.
Thanks given by:
I'll bring some baguettes and cigarettes for lunch.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
I'll turn up drunk (no, seriously) and then go on strike and do f*ck all the entire day other than get drunker and have a 5 hour lunch break.
Thanks given by:
Can we do a fuel price protest and block the road? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Can someone with a large stereo blast this out.

Behold, "non, je ne regrette rien":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Kvu6Kgp88
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
I'll be incredibly racist.
Thanks given by:
We could always get into fights and surrender.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Niall is gonna love this, come home, think "awesome 16 replies already" come in here and find that none of them are going to make for a great stand LOL
Thanks given by:
Well on a serious note, what else is there but old clichés?

I say black and white shirts for all, berets, bread, garlic, wine, tricolore flags, french music.

At least that way it's obviously french.

Ok lets go with the Hawaiian/surf theme... it looks much better!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Yeah on a serious note I'll try and procure some french flag bunting or other french flag stuff and maybe more balloons
Thanks given by:
I'll ask Lu what she thinks. As she's coming and is better at stuff like this than me.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Why don't you get a load of French cars and make, like, a sort of show out of th... Owait.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 12:29 PM)Poodle Wrote: Why don't you get a load of French cars and make, like, a sort of show out of th... Owait.

Give that man a medal
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Well my car isn't really french themed, nor is anyone else's. So it's more likely going to be us the owners that need to be in costume.

I don't know if everyone will buy that!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
I'll wear a stripy top and beret' I look good in a hat Tongue x
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-French-Ma...1732625276

This?

Maybe a few of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adult-Male-Mim...2599a7345e
Thanks given by:
Why dont we have a club competition for best french themed car... then everyone can do their own little bit instead of suggesting what we actually do as a club? obviously we will have some big things but yeh competition will inspire us all to do our bit
Thanks given by:
I'm still for the idea of throwing mustaches on all the cars

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Moustache-...2ee0f7df58

throw tom some pennies; he can knock these up?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 03:52 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Why dont we have a club competition for best french themed car... then everyone can do their own little bit instead of suggesting what we actually do as a club? obviously we will have some big things but yeh competition will inspire us all to do our bit

Yeah i really like that idea actually!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 04:56 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I'm still for the idea of throwing mustaches on all the cars

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Moustache-...2ee0f7df58

throw tom some pennies; he can knock these up?

Where've you been lol? I sold the sticker stuff 18 months ago... lol

Rowell now owns it...but he has more important things to get on with before show season... Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe Niall 505 91,570 22-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167
  French Car Show 2015 - Track Time Eeyore 63 13,509 23-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: fatlapit