French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe
Evening all,
Thought i would post this up just so you all have as much notice as possible.
The organisers have confirmed FCS 2015 to be the weekend of the 5th and 6th of June 2015 at Castle Coombe once again. Tickets are now on sale HERE and are slightly more expensive than last year but set to be better than ever!
We will be organising our attendance at the show early new year but for now, this thread is just to drum up some interest and see how many people want to go and try to make us the best and biggest club there this year!

1. Niall - VIP Weekender

1st Feb 15 - Update
Update!

Ive just filled out and posted the club application form so we are all good to go. Ive been in touch with the organisers about our stand this year and we are going to be having a much nicer located stand this year Wink

Anyway, Tickets are on sale and have been for a while. I strongly recommend buying early to avoid disappointment (especially if you are buying VIP tickets as they are very limited!). Tickets are available by post until 5 days before the show but i really do recommend you get them in plenty of time before otherwise there is a chance they won't turn up in time. This has happened to members before! Tickets can also be bought on the gate on the day but are more expensive and only allow access on foot to the show. No club parking or camping.

Anyway, prices

Show Day Ticket - Saturday 6th June - £20.00 per person
Access between 8am and 5pm
Access to fair ground rides
Club parking pass where required
Annual window graphic
Free PFC Magazine

Weekender Ticket - Saturday 6th to Sunday 7th June - £29.95 per person
All of the above with with access Sunday to the free parade laps
Access from 6pm Friday 5th but have to leave by 10pm

Camping Upgrade - Extra £10 per person
An add on along side the weekender ticket. Allows camping for Friday and Saturday night

VIP Upgrade - Extra £18 per person
in addition to all of the above, you get a free lanyard,
Saturday evening Hog roast (this was epic last year), Sunday lunch BBQ
Graphics pack

Track Time
Track time should be booked with tickets as most of the time, it always sells out before the show! Track time is limited to a maximum of 20 cars on track at a time and is subject to a static sound test (must be below 100db)

Session one open pit - Early bird 0900-1100 - £69.95 (2 hours)
Session two open pit - £75.00 (2 hours)
Session three open pit - £75.00 (2 hours)
15 minute track slot (PM) - £25.00

Tickets can be purchased Here
Please choose your quantity of tickets and which type you are going for and then scroll down to the club details. If you wish to be on the club stand, you MUST select Car window pass and enter our club in the box as below

[attachment=21479]

Normally we do have a very small quantity of spare car passes but we can't guarantee this so make sure if you want to park on the stand and show off your pride and joy, you choose this option. Even if you're not sure, choose it anyway as its no more expensive and if you wish, you can park in the public car park anyway.

Once you have purchased your tickets, can you please update the list at the bottom of this thread with PAID next to your name so we can keep a track of how many members are confirmed going. This is quite essential nearer to the time for us to be able to arrange the stand and make life easier for everyone on the day Wink

Camping
This year we will be camping on site at Combe again. We can't get a campsite of our own any cheaper than Combe can offer us camping for and its a very nice laid back atmosphere.
After last years "issues" with a certain other club, Id like to remind everyone that you are representing the club when at the show and camping so please have respect for other campers and clubs. Also, please park your car and don't start it and move it unless really needed. Im sure those of us who went camping in 2014 remember the "Enforcers" reaction to people revving their cars and generally messing about lol

Any questions, please ask in this thread but please don't clutter it up with general chat. If someone wants to start a general chat thread, please feel free. Also, by demand we will be having a club theme this year. There is a thread Here discussing our theme so please get stuck in with any ideas and lets make our stand the best there!

9th April - Update
Evening guys,
Im sure you have all seen in the latest issue of PFC, they have released the layout for the main show area. Ive had a few people question me as to why our club isn't on there amongst others so thought i would answer that.
The club stands have not been laid out yet except a select few (shown on the map). We had a choice this year to go in the same spot as last year or move into the main show area. We decided the latter would be good and a change and because of this, we probably won't get our location until a few weeks before the show when they have a better idea of numbers. As soon as i have our plot, ill post another update Smile
On a slightly bitter topic, PEG.... For those at FCS last year, I'm sure i don't need to explain that there were fallings out between the two clubs for what is honestly, pretty petty reasons. Ive seen comments in the past few months from some members bad mouthing PEG or their members and id like to ask for this to stop. I know a lot of us have a pretty dry sense of humour and even if it was meant in jest, please remember some may not see it as a joke.
Id like to see us put the differences between the clubs behind us as we go into show season. Im not expecting at all we are all going to kiss and make up at the shows but what i really don't want to see is a repeat of last year and its up to you guys to stop that happening.
Ive spoken to the owner of PEG tonight and they are of pretty much the same opinion as me and will be keeping an eye out for any bad mouthing of our club or members. If you see any of it, don't rise to it, just send me a link to it and ill pass it to them to deal with as we will be if they see any of us bad mouthing them. We are all grown ups so lets just get on with this and as per usual, have a bloody good time at the shows with too much drink, a good BBQ and probably Dum-dum naked at some point.

Right, now thats dealt with, a reminder that time to buy tickets is running out rapidly. We are now 8 weeks away from the show with about 6 left to buy tickets to get on stand. When ordering your tickets, you must put "306oc.co.uk" in the club box to get your stand pass.

The front row thread has gone up although you may notice we have renamed it this year. Thats because with any luck, we will not have a front row as such but would like to do something that ties in with our theme. You putting your cars forwards in the thread gives us a perfect opportunity to see what cars are going and how we can make the most of the space we have. The thread can be found Here

Now, speaking of themes, for the first time for OC, we would like to have a theme on our stand. We have won second place club of the year before at FCS and this year, we are going for first! It seems as if a french theme is the most popular going by the poll in the thread. Im sure i don't need to say a few clubs will be doing that so we need to work hard and be very inventive to make our selves stand out! The thread can be found Here and if you have any ideas at all no matter how small, please do comment in the thread. We do have some money in the club fund for this but not a huge amount. If and when we decide on what to do, if people want to donate to make our stand epic, feel free! Smile

Update - 14 May
Ive just had a good chat with Mark, the organiser of the show who has now confirmed our stand position. This year we are much more in the busy area as you can see by the poorly drawn screen shot below (Red is last years location, Yellow is this years)

[attachment=23183]

We are also on tarmac this year which is much nicer.
Now i have this location and a rough idea of size, we can begin to plan the stand layout so remember to get your prime position pics up as we will be deciding on the cars soon! Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
2. Mr and Mrs Piggy - day+track

Can we have a seperate thread about ideas for winning best club?? Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2014, 07:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: 1. Niall - VIP Weekender

Can we have a seperate thread about ideas for winning best club?? Smile

Feel free to start one if you want to drum up some ideas. More the better! Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ok...didnt want to tread on toes Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
3. Mr and Miss Slam Wagon - VIP weekender
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Combe again? Hoped they'd go back to Donnington next year. Sad
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2014, 07:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Combe again? Hoped they'd go back to Donnington next year. Sad

You've got 7 months to do it Tom. You can come along! In fact, ill pay for your ticket if you do
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Is there going to be separate camping away from combe again via the club?
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2014, 07:49 PM)Niall Wrote:
(25-10-2014, 07:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Combe again? Hoped they'd go back to Donnington next year. Sad

You've got 7 months to do it Tom. You can come along! In fact, ill pay for your ticket if you do

Could you want more of a motive? Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2014, 07:51 PM)Simon_HDI Wrote: Is there going to be separate camping away from combe again via the club?

Personally i would like to camp on site like last year as i thought it was pretty good (other than our slight altercation with another club) but if anyone particularly wants to camp on site, pipe up and if enough people want, we will arrange off site camping
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Personally i would like to camp on site like last year as i thought it was pretty good (other than our slight altercation with another club) but if anyone particularly wants to camp on site, pipe up and if enough people want, we will arrange off site camping
[/quote]

Ok that's cool unfortunately I missed last year but went to 2013 that was why I asked as I didn't k ow what went on last year but camping on site sounds pretty good to me
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2014, 07:49 PM)Niall Wrote:

Thanks Niall, I'll keep that in mind. Wink Will have to see how things go in the next few months before I decide whether to give it a go or not. Not likely atm though.
Thanks given by:
only one o in Combe...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I'll be there tooo.

Piggy theres already a thread about how to be the best club.
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend

Always a good show Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend

Missed this year so will definitely be going next year
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
7. Dum-Dum - VIP Weekender

Well I say VIP but it wasnt worth the extra money last year so I'm not sure.
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
8. Orta - weekender

What actually happens on the Saturday as opposed to usual one day show on Sunday? Sucks that it's combe again... We will definitely need a bigger stand if last years pugfest is anything to go by where we had more cars than any other club...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
The main show day is Saturday then Sunday is a chill out day and parade laps.
The stand size at Pugfest we were limited with. I spoke with the organisers who said any other year and we could of had a nicer stand but because of the 25th anniversary of the 205, they wanted all the 205s in one place limiting club stand places.

IIRC 2013 was our biggest year at FCS when we had over 50 members and about 40 cars there. Id love to beat that this year and win club of the year again!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Is combe getting greedy or something? Seems all the prices for stuff happening there is getting more and more expensive
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 06:32 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Is combe getting greedy or something? Seems all the prices for stuff happening there is getting more and more expensive

More than likely yes. Thats why it never went back to Donnington. They literally doubled their prices between the two years!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'll be there this year for the weekend assuming this car lasts lol...somebody add me I cba on my phone Smile x
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
8. Orta - weekender
9. Mr cheese - weekender
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 06:32 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Is combe getting greedy or something? Seems all the prices for stuff happening there is getting more and more expensive

New owners?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
8. Orta - weekender
9. Mr cheese - weekender
10. darrenjlobb - Sat only
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Inflation probably adds to it too.

The VIP package looks improved with a BBQ on the sunday as well as hog roast on saturday.

Its only a couple of quid extra for weekend camping and only a couple for the track sessions. The VIP is still £20 extra and you look to be getting more for your money.
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
8. Orta - weekender
9. Mr cheese - weekender
11. Nathan1305 - VIP Weekender
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
8. Orta - weekender
9. Mr cheese - weekender
12. Stef205 - day

To keep niall happy!
Thanks given by:
1. Niall - VIP Weekender
4. Ginge - weekend
5. Simon - weekend
6. Grant - VIP Weekender
8. Orta - weekender
9. Mr cheese - weekender
12. Stef205 - day
13. WiNgNuTz, phillmoore + respective girlfriends. - weekender
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,912 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: French Car Show 2018 - Donington - 7th & 8th July 2018 Eeyore 19 17,017 04-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,320 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000