gti6 exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti6 exhaust
My mid section is taking a beat on speed humps. if I put a straight pipe in and it has standard backbox exhaust would it be a lot louder and what size pipe is best for it thanks
Thanks given by:
Yes it will be much louder with the midbox gone, but not sure with standard back box.
I currently have straight pipe to scorpion back box and sounds epic!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It has a cone at front so screams and don't want same at back lol

Standard back box is quite big might just give it a bash as mid section is fooked now
Thanks given by:
slow down over the bumps!

should clear unless its stupid low.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
If you remove the midbox and fit the straigth pipe instead, You will hear a louder noise under the center console and when you drive on the highway, You may need to adjust the audio volume lounder Smile
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
It won't be much louder with a standard backbox and a straight-through mid-section. It will sound a bit more 'growly' but the volume won't increase much.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I've got an aftermarket back box on mines with a stainless steel pipe between it and the cat! It's only really loud when you floor it. Smile
Thanks given by:
If your midsection is getting caught on speedbumps, surely you'd be better off either fixing it so it's not hanging too low or driving a bit slower? Unless your car is on the floor, in which case stop whinging Tongue
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
This is the same setup I had on the 1.8. Decat, straight through centre and standard back box. Pops and bangs destroyed two back boxes and bits of metal flew all over the road. Sounded awesome though... 5/5 would recommend.
Thanks given by:
Not whinging just wondering if any one has done it before and yes is bit stupid low lol

Axle was fooked fitted a hdi one adjusted to same as the 6 one (now stupid low)i read the bars are different size this would make it go lower yes ??
Thanks given by:
Backbox holds the volume, midbox holds the tone. Mostly at least. This is what I've always found.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 0 910 02-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: connorp
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 1 1,305 01-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Niall
  GTI6 Exhaust Size? aaddzz123 3 1,303 10-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Last Post: RetroPug