GTI6 Exhaust Size?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTI6 Exhaust Size?
I'm currently running a scorpion backbox and a standard mid section with a cat. It actually sounds quite nice, but the mid section has taken a beating under the rear axle and is "squashed" so I think it may be causing some restriction and I'd like to have a go at making an exhaust (I'm trying to become an amazing welder and this is my first project lol! Get ready for the bird shit seams).

My question is, what diameter would people suggest? I've only ever really seriously modified my GT and that's a turbo so, the bigger the better really, but I do understand that back pressure is something to consider with a NA? Or is that all bollocks?

I was originally going to go for a full 2.5" mild steel set up. From the manifold, no cat, no mid section and then keep the scorpion box for now, with the likeliness of making a new stainless box in the future... I'm wondering if 2.25" is more than suitable, if not better!?

Opinions and experience please Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
2,25 is big enough for the 6s power. A smaller exhaust is also less loud, a 2,5" pipe with only a backbox would be pretty noisey.
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've had booth 2.25 and 2.5

I found 2.25 is easier to live with day to day and responsive  enough  with the 2.5 it's pushing more top end but abit Laggy at 3-4 k and has a very loud 3 k drone 

2.5 is more suited to boosted  
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
2.25" is the right size, I have a 2.25" stainless centre section without a silencer going to a scorpion backbox with a cat and it sounds fantastic.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 0 904 02-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: connorp
  gti6 exhaust xudlingo 10 1,610 10-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 1 1,299 01-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Niall