For sale section

Poll: Selling and buying for newbies
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep everything the same as it is now
11.36%
5 11.36%
Remove the no Private message limit but keep the sale/buy limits
2.27%
1 2.27%
remove the PM limit and remove the buying limit. Keep the selling limit
38.64%
17 38.64%
Keep the same as it is now but lower the post limit to 50 posts
25.00%
11 25.00%
Remove the PM limit, remove the buying limit and lower the selling limit to 50 posts
22.73%
10 22.73%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For sale section
Keep it as it is, but if you see someone making a genuine contribution to the forum, switch them over manually
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That would work just fine.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It would but it's also not a function we can give to moderators so that would be down to me and Adam
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I dont see that as a problem, remove the pm limit and you open everything up to abuse
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 06:21 PM)Connor Wrote: I dont see that as a problem, remove the pm limit and you open everything up to abuse

Not really, people still can't put a for sale thread up and that's the main issue imo, there's a fine line between protecting members and spoon feeding idiots, if someone has the sense to go and see a car, make the relevant checks and purchase said car away from the forum then they ought to have enough sense to make a purchase with caution if they are buying from a new member, I think it's daft new members not being able to buy or pm personally, have a restriction on selling sure, but that and an obvious warning in the sale section is all we need imo, I'm sure we all buy stuff off the other facebook groups, exercise caution and common sense is all that's needed Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
You can't restrict selling without restricting private messages
Thanks given by:
Halve the limit IMO, 50 posts is still a fair number to a newbie, and it'll still give the moderators time to see if they're just spamming etc..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 07:52 PM)Connor Wrote: You can't restrict selling without restricting private messages

Yes you can, you can't post a for sale thread, that restricts it to the extent that people ought to proceed with caution if approached with pm from a new member... Just my opinion, as I've said before many people just come on to learn and don't post all the time, we need to not totally freeze them out Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
you can buy without PM, however you cant sell without PM.

PM limit could be 20?
selling could be 50?

100 is large and would it make any difference over 50? you can still see spammers but solves the problem of genuine members being restricted. It always is peoples responsibility not to be scammed. We dont need to take this so seriously.
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2015, 09:08 AM)Eeyore Wrote: you can buy without PM, however you cant sell without PM.

PM limit could be 20?
selling could be 50?

100 is large and would it make any difference over 50? you can still see spammers but solves the problem of genuine members being restricted. It always is peoples responsibility not to be scammed. We dont need to take this so seriously.

And if you're buying, how pray tell do you give the seller your address? Post it on the forum for everyone to see? (facepalm) Big Grin other than that I'm thinking along the same lines as you mate lol
Thanks given by:
oi!

My average has never been above 20!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2015, 09:26 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 09:08 AM)Eeyore Wrote: you can buy without PM, however you cant sell without PM.

PM limit could be 20?
selling could be 50?

And if you're buying, how pray tell do you give the seller your address? Post it on the forum for everyone to see? (facepalm) Big Grin other than that I'm thinking along the same lines as you mate lol

Put it in the notes on paypal
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2015, 11:07 AM)Connor Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 09:26 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

PM limit could be 20?
selling could be 50?

Put it in the notes on paypal

there you go... knew i wasnt going mad!
Thanks given by:
And if your not paying by paypal as most car parts need collection/
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2015, 12:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: And if your not paying by paypal as most car parts need collection/

youre*

and if youre collecting then the seller can PM you their address?
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2015, 01:48 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 12:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: And if your not paying by paypal as most car parts need collection/

youre*

You're if you're being fussy :p

youre*

Thanks given by:
(07-05-2015, 02:04 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:

youre*

youre*

too far...
Thanks given by:
If you're paying by PayPal that's a possibility, as I understand it there's no PMs both ways, if someone gives you their paypay you have their email..omg people could try and sell things via email, maybe we should regulate that too..... Wink
Thanks given by:
Ok so i left this going for a bit longer than i intended but it seems a lot of people have had their say and have chosen to remove the PM and buying limits and keep the selling limits. Im going to change this shortly.

Thanks for all your input guys! Its much appreciated Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Better result that other general election shower of s**t I voted in the other day Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Democracy does work afterall...but at least every vote counted here. Itwasntme lol
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2015, 11:16 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Why should we have a system in place that causes hassle to ~99% of members joining up because ~1% may be assholes...

You can buy from ebay and get messed around.  People on here quite often miss out on nice cars because of the selling limit, just last  week a low mileage, one owner 306 owner was in the chatbox wanting to sell it cheap due to a few faults.  He wasn't interested in the forum as he'd moved on to a different marque and wasn't knowledgeable on cars but wanted the car to go to an enthusiast rather than just scrap.   Our system meant both he and us missed out there.

Often people join up because they need a part or need a physical hand with something, being able to buy and PM immediately is useful for both of those.  Hopefully then they stick around and contribute, but if not, no great loss, it's still benefitted one or more of our members.

There are assholes in all walks of life, surely it's better to deal with them as and when rather than a complete prevention that also causes hassle to everyone else.

Re spambots PM'ing everyone, hopefully there are already various methods to deter these (capatcha etc?) but maybe a compulsory 1 post in introductions would stop those without deterring anyone genuine?  Even if you are only here to buy a MAF, it doesn't take 2 mins to write 'Hi, I'm bob from Somerset with a HDi, after a couple of parts, cheers'.

You want some?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEFuq62-I
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 08:26 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Democracy does work afterall...but at least every vote counted here. Itwasntme lol

No they didn't!! Just like the general election most people didn't vote for the eventual winner, infact the winner only got about a third of the votes.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 09:37 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 08:26 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Democracy does work afterall...but at least every vote counted here. Itwasntme lol

No they didn't!! Just like the general election most people didn't vote for the eventual winner, infact the winner only got about a third of the votes.

Similar manifestos this time though so no so bad Tongue
Thanks given by:

Yeh but is that of all the votes or are you including the third that didnt vote at all? 
Thanks given by:

That's not the same though... Yes every vote did count here. It didn't in the general - look how many votes per seats someone like UKIP needed compared to the SNP.

However yes there wasn't a majority here...but that's not the point made, if you want a majority you need to limit choices. Wink In a poll of 'change it' or 'leave it as is' the majority would go for change...
Thanks given by: