The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
Bodybuidling.com

everything you will ever need to know there. enjoy!
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They have a good app for iPhone also
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 09:59 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Not quite gym related but what type of food should you be eating after riding a bike for about 3hrs? I was thinking protein to help muscles recover but also carbs?

Its still training though and yes your right you want carbs and protein straight after also isotonic drink while cycling to replace isotopes lost during intense riding and sweating

I use the bodybuilding app has some good routines etc on Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyone that's interested turkey steaks and strips are on offer in tesco you can get 12 turkey steaks for £10 same with the strips     tea sorted for tonight and few more nights
Thanks given by:
But does anyone know the best way to get rid of belly fat?! and or Thigh fat!?
French Wench
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 10:55 AM)LadySteve Wrote: But does anyone know the best way to get rid of belly fat?! and or Thigh fat!?
exercise lol,boxing is the best tbh mate,do cardio on empty stomach to speed your metabolism up.cut the fatty food out and gradually lower the amount of carbs your eating and no carbs after 6pm.
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 11:02 AM)bayley Wrote:
(21-07-2013, 10:55 AM)LadySteve Wrote: But does anyone know the best way to get rid of belly fat?! and or Thigh fat!?
exercise lol,boxing is the best tbh mate,do cardio on empty stomach to speed your metabolism up.cut the fatty food out and gradually lower the amount of carbs your eating and no carbs after 6pm.

Saweet. Thankyou Smile
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Eat what you want as long as you train just as hard
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 12:32 PM)ben87 Wrote: Eat what you want as long as you train just as hard

Disagree tbh I used to eat shit and train 7 days a week lol had a gut but was massive

Where as now watch diet train half as much and get soo much better results
Thanks given by:
Should of done more cardio Wink

That's fine some agree some disagree all depends what your end goal is. Mine is to trim down. So I'm eating what I want when I want and introducing more cardio, 1st week my overall body weight has dropped by 2kg but weight lifting weights have increased Smile
Thanks given by:
if you have just started training your strenght will go up anyway if you putting on weight or losing weight.too much cardio will affect muscle growth mate because rather than the muscle absorbing the food to repair the muscle tissue fibers to grow bigger it will be using it up for energy,think of it this way 100m sprinters have larger more well developed muscles and long distance runners have smaller muscles.eating smaller quality meals spread out you will develop a better body with less effort aswell.also depends on metabolism mine is fast to fast.
Thanks given by:
Cardio doesnt lose weight do ya research cardio is for stamina etc people associate running walking rowing cross trainers with cardio incorrect cardio is a type of workout low resistance training ie fast incline walk and low rpm cycle for a few hours are fst burning training

Guaranteed to burn wayyy more fat than 'cardio'
Thanks given by:
Any type of cardio is good cardio in my eyes.

Regardless of the intensity your still burning calories anything between 50-1000 an hour.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
hey guys, i started gym 6 weeks ago and had the routine of
rowing machine to warm up
chest press (was 35kg now 55kg) 3 of 10, then repeat until fail
rower (was 45kg now 65kg) 3 of 10 then repeat till fail
squats with an exercise ball on my back while holding a 8kg weight (dont know the name for it) until fail
crunches 3 of 12, then until fail/screaming
bicep curls (was 6kg now 12kg) 3 of 10
one where you hold weights to the side chest height then bring them up above your head was 6kg now 8kg)
one arm dumbell extension (was 4kg now 6kg) 3 of 10
rowing machine to warmdown
a tin of tuna and a pint of whole milk after

now doing this i put on 6 pounds (was 10st2) and my body looks alot more toned, my arms are alot bigger and friends and family are noticing, but i feel like im not gaining as much as i were and my workouts are too quick.

can you guys recommend me some new stuff? (my gym doesnt have a proper bench so cant bench)
Thanks given by:
As your so light I'd say pull ups and dips could do you wonders. Dead lifts will really help develop your back too.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
If your managing 10 reps move up a weight till you get to 10reps then move up a weight again.
Thanks given by:
Anybody had experiences with german volume training that they'd like to share?
Thanks given by:
Got me new gymwear other day Smile

[Image: IMG-20130724-WA0002.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20130724-WA0011.jpg]

I havent been gym for a week now had too much on sorting apartment getting right back into it next week going to switch my training back to front and watch the difference as iv got used to recent training need change
Thanks given by:
Sexy Bastard lol
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hello kitty one is better lol.

[Image: lakes100_zpscd8cb713.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha cheers mark im not letting her have that back haha

Just realised when did we go campin? Got bit of size on top n trimmed since lol
Thanks given by:
Never realised how much a cardio session actually hurt! Done 2 fitness classes this week variety of ropes, kettle bells and squats!
Thanks given by:
I wanna be able to bench Samass car next time nearly got her moving at the campin meet haha

I hate cardio dont do it or need to if doing the right weight programme and eat right Smile
Thanks given by:
Deadlifts getting bloody hard on my hands now at 120x5 - still pussy weight I know but grip is an issue!

Those straps worth using or not? Plain old fashioned MTFU needed!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2013, 12:21 PM)silverzx Wrote: Deadlifts getting bloody hard on my hands now at 120x5 - still pussy weight I know but grip is an issue!

Try Liquid Chaulk pal I manage 240 without straps but tis hard straps arnt cheating either just takes the strain on wrists instead

Use chaulk and get some springs for training forearms and throw a few forearm sets in during diff sessions helps with grip
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2013, 12:21 PM)silverzx Wrote: Deadlifts getting bloody hard on my hands now at 120x5 - still pussy weight I know but grip is an issue!

Heh, that was the MAXIMUM I was ever able to do. my max is your pussy weight lol. I could only manage 3 reps of that, assuming you mean including the bar.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 11:46 PM)aaronshort Wrote: hey guys, i started gym 6 weeks ago and had the routine of
rowing machine to warm up
chest press (was 35kg now 55kg) 3 of 10, then repeat until fail
rower (was 45kg now 65kg) 3 of 10 then repeat till fail
squats with an exercise ball on my back while holding a 8kg weight (dont know the name for it) until fail
crunches 3 of 12, then until fail/screaming
bicep curls (was 6kg now 12kg) 3 of 10
one where you hold weights to the side chest height then bring them up above your head was 6kg now 8kg)
one arm dumbell extension (was 4kg now 6kg) 3 of 10
rowing machine to warmdown
a tin of tuna and a pint of whole milk after

now doing this i put on 6 pounds (was 10st2) and my body looks alot more toned, my arms are alot bigger and friends and family are noticing, but i feel like im not gaining as much as i were and my workouts are too quick.

can you guys recommend me some new stuff? (my gym doesnt have a proper bench so cant bench)

More weight, stop training to failure, do 4 sets instead of 3 with a few less reps. Thats alot for one workout to. Lots of people split it and do legs one day, chest and triceps another day, back and biceps another, some do shoulders on a different day other combine it with leg day.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Don't do cardio?...suppose it all depends what your training for...to be a statue or fit Wink .

First time in 12years did a proper squat today with the long bar. 25kg.... Need to improve on that drastically!
Thanks given by:
Ok I'll look into chalk. I'd recommend Ripp Toes "Starting Strength" program to anyone looking to get strong or build foundation to cut from. It's giving me great returns!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 09:23 PM)ben87 Wrote: Don't do cardio?...suppose it all depends what your training for...to be a statue or fit Wink .

First time in 12years did a proper squat today with the long bar. 25kg.... Need to improve on that drastically!

Cardio isn't the difference between being a statue or being fit, i dont do cardio as im body building so it isn't necessary. Cardio is more for training for running etc

It isnt required sometimes when leaning up, as training (weights) in general increases your metabolism and combined with a good diet can easily lose weight without the need for cardio related activities whether it be low resistance training (fat burning) or cardio

and remember its not a competition but i tend to find someone to train with whos slighty stronger than me as it helps me push that extra bit.

25kg is a good starting weight try to aim for double that in about 4 weeks and see how you get on im currently up to 475kg squats and 325 front squats. try the front squats holding the bar above your chest infront of your head this isolates the quads rather than relying on hams and calves can increase your main squat over a short period of time then.

Also try partials, so put stop bar in place so you can only go down say halfway and bar stops. and pile a lod of weight on and just try to lower it as slow as possible dont worry about getting it back up get a mate to help you lift it, negatve partials are great for mass increase

(12-08-2013, 04:03 PM)silverzx Wrote: Ok I'll look into chalk. I'd recommend Ripp Toes "Starting Strength" program to anyone looking to get strong or build foundation to cut from. It's giving me great returns!

Chaulk is great especially this time of year as i hate gloves and you dont lose grip on anything when your sweating keeps your hands where they need to be,

some good quality straps will help loads too dont get leather ones just fabric ones are best
Thanks given by: