The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
Im trialling a workout my PT has given me and to put good size but lean up also were hitting it hard

You typically think id do my 50kg dumbells for 8, so I warm up doing 20 x 8, 30 x 8, 40 x 8, 50 x 8 sound familiar?
Why do that?

The 40 x 8 has cost you two reps woth the 50's

So next time warm up like this, 20 x 5, 30 x 3, 37.5 x 2, 45 x 1....55 x 8

No waste of energy jogging, lots of reps!
No taking away from thr top set which is all that matters!!

Well thats what im trialling and seeing excellent results with carb reduction and 8th day treat day some days as low as 50 grams of carbs and can feel the depletion setting in already lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I keep saying I'm going to join the gym but Cba! Not bothered about getting fit like my junk food too much, just wanted to build some muscle up

Lifting engines and boxes in and out of cars every day 6 days a weeks enough for me
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 11:12 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I keep saying I'm going to join the gym but Cba! Not bothered about getting fit like my junk food too much, just wanted to build some muscle up

Lifting engines and boxes in and out of cars every day 6 days a weeks enough for me

Im the same but then just pushed myself one day and thought sod it, i do about a hour and 20 of weights and half hour cardio as im a big fella dropped near a stone in 5 weeks but putting on the weight on in muscle to be more defined its easier when you got a friend to go with.

Good luck and get off your arse and still eat the food Tongue
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2012, 03:00 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Just joined Monday, who else goes and what exercises and diets are you on etc Smile

I joined a month back.. Following starting strength by mark rippietoe.
Thanks given by:
Be nice to keep this going looks like a lot of members are into the gym and training!

This is just a diet plan i knocked up this evening for my next bulk starting in a few weeks Smile hopefully itll be of use or maybe someone can reccomend some changes?

Breakfast 8am
50g oats
500ml milk
2tbsp nesquik flavouring
24.5g protein, 73g carbs, 12g fat

Mid morning shake at 9.30am
50g oats
1 scoop whey
500ml milk
1tbsp peanut butter
50g protein, 60g carbs, 22g fat

Pre workout meal at 11am
200g turkey mince
50g white rice
65g protein, 38g carbs, 14g fat

Post workout 1.30pm
2 scoops whey
80g maltodextrin
48g protein, 86g carbs, 3g fat

Snack at work 6pm
tortilla wrap
200g chicken
2tbsp mayonnaise
59g protein, 35g carbs, 26g fat

Evening meal 10pm
75g pasta
1 scoop casein unflavoured
1 tbsp nesquik flavouring
38g protein, 62g carbs, 1g fat

Total that's
284.5g protein (39%)
354g carbs (49%)
78g fat (10% bit low I'll need to change that I think)
3256 calories

obviously ignore the timings lol
Thanks given by:
Good plan that if bulking wouldnt a ratio of 2:1 carbs be better for optimum repair? As thats slightly under the ratio ?

Just wondering I know how you said its a quick one you threw together lol

Whos got progress pics also? Show us how well your doing!? Il get some soon as managed to lose a stone in 5 weeks but back in gym full time again so should be putting some good lean size on

Just working out diet atm but using USN anabolic protein, USN Anabolic creatine, USN Testo booster, BCAA's, ZMA USN night shake. And other stuff :p
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 08:50 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Good plan that if bulking wouldnt a ratio of 2:1 carbs be better for optimum repair? As thats slightly under the ratio ?

Just wondering I know how you said its a quick one you threw together lol

Whos got progress pics also? Show us how well your doing!? Il get some soon as managed to lose a stone in 5 weeks but back in gym full time again so should be putting some good lean size on

Just working out diet atm but using USN anabolic protein, USN Anabolic creatine, USN Testo booster, BCAA's, ZMA USN night shake. And other stuff :p

Ideally I'd have a 40/40/20 ratio of proteins/carbs/fats respectively as this seems to be the standard procedure for formulating diet plans but I suppose it's all down to meeting your individual requirements through learning your body Smile envy my training partners ability to eat well under or just at maintenance cals and still manage to smash new PR's every 2-3 weeks though!

Trying to keep this one a bit cleaner, went from 145lbs to 178lbs between October last year and April, but gained a lot of fat! All a learning curve though, just come off a cut leaving me at 162lbs so ready to get growing again Smile

How do you find the USN stuff? I'm thinking of buying some of the 100% whey from them for my post workout, bought a sample shake at the gym and it was pretty tasty! If you haven't already look at the Impact whey by MyProtein, £15.99 per kg (£13.99 unflavoured) and 82% protein content is pretty good value for money
Thanks given by:
Ive been doing this for a good few years and tended to drift away from my protein to be honest as to get all the suppliments I need from the actual protein would cost a fortune and dont rate their protein that much, im currently at 15st 6 and 12% bf but want to get down to about 7/8% but that in itself is a challenge im doing the same diet as last year when I was going to compete until I had a bad car crash and I got down to 5% from 18 in just over 7 weeks but that was difficult with carb depletion and my job as kept losing focus quite often due to lack of carbs some days going as low as 40g throughout the day, I find the anabolic usn awesome for lean mass building but I do have a protein from my gym which has 60g protein 4g carbs for the low days also ive started prep too late this year for competing in september in leeds but next year I may go for it

The thing with proteins such as myprotein which you say has 82% protein content but what else are you taking for your body to actually utilise that 82% cos if your not taking other supps to enhance protein synthesis its pretty pointless as your just pissin it out other end Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2013, 07:39 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: The thing with proteins such as myprotein which you say has 82% protein content but what else are you taking for your body to actually utilise that 82% cos if your not taking other supps to enhance protein synthesis its pretty pointless as your just pissin it out other end Big Grin

Looking at some BCAA supps at the minute and the reviews sound pretty good, £20 for 500g at bulkpowders which should last me a month if I have 3 5g servings a day Smile

I already have some l-glutamine powder which I found was very good for recovery, should I take this as well (same 15g a day) as the BCAAs or do I no longer 'need' to be taking that as well?

Will probably redo the diet plan to get closer to a carbs 50%, protein 30% and fats 20% at least while bulking :p Aiming for 190lbs/13st 8 by October 2014 so need to be gaining about half a pound of overall mass a week, try and make it as small a cut as possible next time around
Thanks given by:
New website coming soon guys sounds good to be fair from the creator of Myprotein. - www.gonutrition.com free shaker and discount code for signing up before they go live this year
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking at some BCAA supps at the minute and the reviews sound pretty good, £20 for 500g at bulkpowders which should last me a month if I have 3 5g servings a day Smile

I already have some l-glutamine powder which I found was very good for recovery, should I take this as well (same 15g a day) as the BCAAs or do I no longer 'need' to be taking that as well?

Will probably redo the diet plan to get closer to a carbs 50%, protein 30% and fats 20% at least while bulking :p Aiming for 190lbs/13st 8 by October 2014 so need to be gaining about half a pound of overall mass a week, try and make it as small a cut as possible next time around
[/quote]

Im trialling the BCAA from myprotein but extra strength tabs 1500mg iirc id stay on the glutamine and get some taurine alll aids absorbtion pal have you tried beta-alanine? Its a woerd one to get used to as you get a very strong tingling sensation but iv found it helps in them last few reps, I highly recommend it for training have a readup on it,

Im currently looking into new products as just like training routines your body gets used to stuff so want to try new stuff so if you can recommend anythin bud let me no Smile

New PB last nite 60kg flat press for 8 clean reps Big Grin
Thanks given by:
    thats good cj 60kg's,i was doing them at 15 10lb but i dieted down to 13 9lbs and now only getting 4/5 reps with 50kg's and not half reps lol.tribulus is very good aswell,you will know if its a good brand cus ya balls go huge and always hornier than normal lol,also i ache over a shorter period.pic of me at 15 10lbs before i dieted and i wished i never did.
Thanks given by:
CJ is that 60kg barbell? What do you bench?

Looking good!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 08:50 AM)Anton Wrote: CJ is that 60kg barbell? What do you bench?

Looking good!
he is onnabout 60kg dumbells one in each hand mate,lol.he more than likely barbell presses 150

(12-04-2013, 02:52 PM)Henry01 Wrote: Hmm I am going to gym from last 2 years... I started gym because I just wanna lose fat on my belly.... but after sometime I develop my interest in bodybuilding.... here I have to share my photo which I took recently... you can say this is the result of two years workouts. but sorry I don't wanna show my face..

[Image: 12575305.jpg]
fair play mate for two years in,you must have used hgh and gear from the start to get like that.im nowhere near that size and i have trained for 14 years on and of fitting boxing inbetween the breaks,6 meals a day.i will admit i have done 3x 10 week courses only 3ml a week with tamoxifen and 4 week pct on clomid over them 14 years so to get like that you must be banging it in left right and centre lol
Thanks given by:
60kg dumbells weighing in at 15st7 as of last nite

PB bench for 4 clean reps was 180kg at 16st4

Slowly getting.my strength back as been out the game for a good 10months because of new job moving town and allsorts but got me gym head back on now Smile
Thanks given by:
Cool. I'm trying to get back into it. Benching 125kg for 3 reps but only been back into it for around 4 weeks.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
How do you get rid of the beer belly without losing it from the rest of the body, diet and cardio ?
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Theres no way henry is that size only a few years in without any additional substances trust me cos iv had some lol
Thanks given by:
Induction today at 6pm! Smile

With chornic sun burn on my feet.. Sad
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 10:07 AM)silverzx Wrote: Induction today at 6pm! Smile

Good lad! Stick it out and reep the benefits

Bayley ive used a few tribulus terrestris product wouldnt recommend holland and barret I couldnt get downstairs to work with that but recently used usn and about an hour after taking can feel me twitching haha
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 10:18 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:

Went in my 1st year of uni so just over 2 half years ago, went from 15'9st to 13'9st over 6~7 months. Today I'm sitting at 13st, but all the muscle I built has came and gone. Tongue

Was doing "Starting Strength" - bench, squat, deadlift and overhead press (IIRC).

Probably just start that again and do 30 min's cardio after each session as I still have fat to burn through. Sleepy

It's only 3 minute drive down the road so should be doing 5 days a week at least - which doesn't fit in that well with Starting Strength from what I can remember.

To be honest the first few days will probably be a nightmare as I figure out what I need to be doing. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Ahh f*ck the cardio off pal if you eat right and train right its not neccessary Smile

Starting strength what you quote aint just start strength thats ya bread and butter lad :Wink

I make sure I squat, deadlift, military press at least once a week and if possiboy fit a few more sets in per week currently training chest and back twice a week and arms twice a week atm goin balls out haha

But I mite add only doing 4 push movements in one sesh and 4 pull movements on other day per body part
Thanks given by:
Well.. made a start on the 100 pushup challenge today. Not quite gym-y but curious to see how far I can get.

Initial test: 14 (could have pushed to about 17 but didn't want to set the bar too high in week 1)

Week 1 day 1 column 3 10/12/7/7/10 (max)

Forgot what it was like to have wobbly arms lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 10:18 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:

Bayley ive used a few tribulus terrestris product wouldnt recommend holland and barret I couldnt get downstairs to work with that but recently used usn and about an hour after taking can feel me twitching haha
lmao,yeh i had them and gave me lots of boils,i never even had them on gear lol never used usn ones but when im a bit flush i will give um a bash.u looking well mate anyway.i just moved to midlands and was let down with a job so i have gone from working for 14 years to signing fuckin onn so im eating tins of fish and eggs mainly for protein which i cant stand and lots of rice,porrige and spuds for carbs o and veg.so really dieted down for f*ck all so now its just maintenace training.
Thanks given by:
Thought i would post in here, my and the fiancee got a free day pas for a gym just down road so thought we would try it out, Been today and was quite fun even tho im the un fittest person in the world but spent a good hour and half trying different things out. When i come out i felt great Big Grin

SO gonna sign up next week, im at my heaviest ive ever been bordering around the 21 stone. put most my weight on after stopping smoking. So hoping gym will get my weight down agin Smile

Thanks given by:
Been doing bench, bicep curls and press ups for a lil while now, however still need to lose a lot of weight.

Doing the 100 press up challenge like Pellowe!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Chris most people find that they put weight on when they quit smoking because they replace that habbit with eating more often

Stick it out lad research fat burning rather than cardio

Im cycling my carbs in diet and getting good results dropped from 16st2 6 weeks ago to 14st10 and just from diet and weights no cardio ( which doesnt actually lose weight) low resistance training is the real fat burner ie low rpm on bike for few hours slight incline walk for an hour or 2 on treadmill
Thanks given by:
Holy f*ck, I've lost 4 kg since working full time for Royal Mail, I used to be jacked (for my build) now I am thin againSad Gone down from 13st to 12st 9lb. Edit: Partially the boxing training as well though, back when I was at uni when I was 14st I could hardly go 30 seconds without getting puffed out!
Thanks given by:
Amazing what a difference a new gym can do... Joined new gym and I can do the routines I want the way I want using what I want.

Been there nearly 2weeks and weights have increased, overall weight stayed the same but more definition starting to show!
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not quite gym related but what type of food should you be eating after riding a bike for about 3hrs? I was thinking protein to help muscles recover but also carbs?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by: