2015 Focus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Focus
Last time I was on here I had a 406 HDi. That didn't last long and I purchased a Mondeo. It was a 1.8TDCi Titanium, 3 years old, FSH, 87k on the clock for £5,400.
I fitted parking sensors, blanked off the EGR and Decatted the exhaust. I fitted a stainless catback exhaust with a staight through type silencer, dropped the suspension and had her remapped!
She ran 146bhp with 400nm of torque.

[Image: IMG_4021_zps8091ce7c.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4020_zpsa7b2d77e.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4019_zpsa1fd84d9.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4016_zpsf54e8a98.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4024_zpsf8eb2dcb.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4017_zpsa92438b7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4022_zpsaad2599d.jpg]

In the end, at 148,000miles the DMF went. Unfortunately somewhere in the cars history it had a new DMF which was never documented. Whoever fitted the second DMF cross threaded 3 of the bolts leaving nothing behind to thread. I loved the Mondeo but common sense prevailed and I decided it wasn't worth me fitting a new crank and I let her go spares or repair.
[Image: 20150221_093821_zps0omnskdi.jpg]

So after a week without the car I ended up buying a brand new motor!

So it's a...
2015 Ford Focus Titanium
1.5TDCi (120ps)
Appearence Pack
Sat Nav with SYNC2
Spare Wheel

[Image: IMG_4731_zpseqag5ktc.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4739_zpsn7botmer.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4740_zpsru7lsxy9.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4742_zpso08ex9xi.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4752_zpszaui3bgd.jpg]

I'm actually really impressed with it. I was expecting it to feel like a downgrade from the Mondeo but it really doesn't.
The Sat Nav with SYNC is a great bit of kit and really easy to use! The only confusing bit is the fact you can control the climate with it even though there is a separate heating control panel? I feel they done it just to fill a corner on the screen!
Only gripe with it is the fingerprints!
[Image: IMG_4743_zpsuqyix1of.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4745_zpsft6xxbgf.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4748_zpsq9cr9x5p.jpg]

One of the handiest features is the two USB ports and the Line In.
One USB port located under the climate control panel...
[Image: IMG_4747_zpsxitumwo9.jpg]
And the rest of the connections in the armrest...
[Image: IMG_4749_zpsanres6lq.jpg]

It's also got a small colour display in the instrument cluster where you will find two separate trip computers and a verity of different setting and information about the car such as tyre pressures etc.
[Image: IMG_4751_zpsizc7bgii.jpg]

The engine?
Well it's based on the old PSA derived DV6. It's has a shorter stroke which reduces the cylinder capacity to 1.5 litres.
It's actually the quietest and smoothest diesel I've ever driven. No sign of turbo lag and It has a lovely power band from 1200rpm all the way to 5000rpm with a nice smooth and even pull right through the rev range. I'm impressed with how quick it actually feels!
[Image: IMG_4754_zpsz8z3nf4y.jpg]

All in all, it's not my Mondeo but I'm sure once the warranty is up and I start modifying it I will get a bit more attached to it. But at the moment... it's just a car.
Thanks given by:
That's a right shitter about the dmf in the mundano
Thanks given by:
what a bastard about the crank! that would have been a replacement engine for what it would have cost you to fix that. Quit while you were a head like, New motor looks good! Plus toms306 has got a Focus friend now too!
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 07:41 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: That's a right shitter about the dmf in the mundano

(06-04-2015, 07:47 PM)procta Wrote: what a bastard about the crank!  that would have been a replacement engine for what it would have cost you to fix that. Quit while you were a head like, New motor looks good!  Plus toms306 has got a Focus friend now too!

I was absolutely gutted. Was hoping to do another 150k/6 years in it. The car was only worth £2500 due to the mileage and a new QYBA lump was the best part of £1500 plus fitting. 
In the end I managed to sell is for £1300 spares or repair and it is back on the road!
Thanks given by:
With the shorter stroke I'm guessing its quite revvy!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
We've got a previous generation focus as a pool car at work, but it's specced up with everything and is alright, not much space inside though. I really don't like the look of the new one either, but they're well put together cars, I just wouldn't want one.

Saying that, I've just bought a volvo that's based on one.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Sure I've seen this somewhere before.... Itwasntme

Have Ford sorted or at least acknowledged their EGR mapping is still shit on pull away yet?

Does look nice though, wasn't really a fan of the exterior when this shape came out but it has grown on me...and the interior is fantastic imo!
Thanks given by:
I really like the new fords with their Aston Martin style front grills
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 04:56 AM)Bailes1992 Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 07:41 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: That's a right shitter about the dmf in the mundano

(06-04-2015, 07:47 PM)procta Wrote: what a bastard about the crank!  that would have been a replacement engine for what it would have cost you to fix that. Quit while you were a head like, New motor looks good!  Plus toms306 has got a Focus friend now too!

I was absolutely gutted. Was hoping to do another 150k/6 years in it. The car was only worth £2500 due to the mileage and a new QYBA lump was the best part of £1500 plus fitting. 
In the end I managed to sell is for £1300 spares or repair and it is back on the road!

id have been guttered too, and that's just sods law about it been put back on the road. Chances are some ones just dropped another lump into it.
Thanks given by:
I can't stand the rear lights on the new focus though, they've just shrunk the previous models
Thanks given by:
Well that names a blast from the past. Personally I'd have gone for the 1.5 ecoboost, rapid little engine
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 06:42 AM)Piggy Wrote: With the shorter stroke I'm guessing its quite revvy!?

When it's going it goes rather well. It has a nice power band too, it will pull happily from 1400rpm right down to 5000rpm.

But I have a colossal amount of issues with the car.

Within 24 hours of owning the car I noticed there was running issues. When changing gear the car revved itself as if your foot was still on the accelerator and I kept getting these pauses and bogging down when trying to accelerate.
I purchased the car on a Thursday and the following Monday I had to pop back into the dealer to pick up a free boot liner. At that moment in time I told the salesman I bought it off I was having issues.

Since then the car has spent 6 days on and off in Bridgend Ford and they haven't diagnosed, let alone rectify one issue!

Currently the faults list looks something like this...

• Engine speed increases when clutch is depressed to change gear even though foot is off accelerator.
  • When driving at a constant speed with a low load on the engine for a few miles accelerating often makes the engine bog down or even feel like it's cutting out all together for a split second.
  • When pulling off the throttle sometimes becomes unresponsive. (This has caused me a few near misses pulling out onto busy dual carriageways and A roads.)
  • The frost warning lamp stays on for days on end even when the temperature has risen significantly. The frost warning lamp should only come on when the exterior temperature is 4°c or below.
  • Sometimes when driving at very slow speeds in 1st gear taking your foot off and on the accelerator can cause the car to pop out of 1st gear.
  • Passengers seat is loose and rocks.
  • Rust on the boot.
  • Dirt under the paint on the boot.
  • Dirt under paint on the rear bumper.
  • Dirt under paint on the bonnet.
  • Dirt under paint on the front O/S wing.
  • Paint defect on rear N/S door.
  • Paint Defect on rear N/S wing.
I got in touch with Ford Customer Relations about the issues with the car and got told the following.
Quote:If you wish to replace or reject the vehicle, you will need to speak directly with your point of sale as your contract of sale lies with them.

I took the car back in Friday to let them know I am not happy with the vehicle and I would like to reject it. I had been polite about it since day one but my temper has officially worn very thin.
I phoned the salesman who I purchased the car from who arranged for me to have a meeting with the sales manager at very short notice.

The sales manager was one of the rudest and most ignorant people I have ever met.
He sat in front of me with his arms folded and a childish grin on his face as if he knew he was causing me immense grief.
I need a car for work and Bridgend Ford charge £25/day for a courtesy car.
He spoke to me as if I knew nothing. He spoke to me like a child.
I was told under no circumstances would I be getting my money back nor a new car ordered. I was told that they want the car in for warranty work because Ford pay them for it.
When I mentioned I had an email of Ford explaining that if I wish to reject the vehicle I must take it back to the dealer he shrugged his shoulders and said "So? That's not happening".
I was also told the paint issues were considered acceptable because you had to look close to see them.

In the end while he was still talking to me I got up and left without saying a word otherwise I would have flipped and said something I regret.

I have been into Fords since I was in my early teens. In fact if it wasn't for my Dads pair of ST220's I would never have gotten into cars in the first place.
I will never buy another Ford and have lost all enthusiasm for the brand.
Thanks given by:
You need to email ford CS again about that managers attitude. Despite the fact he doesn't actually work for Ford, they will take a really dim view on a sales manager treating a customer who's just laid out thousands like that. In their eyes, he represents Ford so he needs to stop acting like a bell end!
Some paint defects you do have to just accept. We use Focus (Foci'?) at work, the older shape model and i think their quality control must be shite because one of our guys had a brand new one delivered with a list of defects. We go over them closely before taking them as when it goes back, its us that gets billed for any damage. He, like you went to ford and the lease company with a list of defects to be told nothing will happen about it. They expect some minor defects.
End of the day, they are cheap cars. Its not the sort of thing that would happen with a premium car brand but you're not paying premium car brand prices. Far from it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sales managers are useless, they just want your money, don't care about anything else, I had the same issue with the 107 almost a year ago! Have to go to someone higher up than that. Fortunately in my case they'd really f*cked up with miss advertising.

You won't get anywhere with paint defects, they're normal on budget cars...don't be comparing it to your Dads Jag lol.

As for the engine problems, it sounds as though as all down to mapping...which isn't surprising on a brand new engine that hasn't had a long real world test, there should be updates to rectify it eventually as long as complaints like yours are getting back to the right people.

The seat coming loose isn't ideal from a safety aspect though, hopefully they've managed to sort that one. lol

What I would say though is don't be put off Fords just because a franchised dealer is shit and cost cutting has made the manufacturing processes and quality control worse...it's the same across the board!
Thanks given by:
You'll need to keep on with customer services, it shouldn't take long to get somewhere. May also help if you mention social media, someone got a ranger engine when they complained on twitter and took it straight to ford
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I really like the look of that front end!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I had various issues with my ds3 when I took delivery and felt as if I wasnt being listened too, after blowing a gasket and literally throwing the keys at the sales manager which in turn got me a chat with the people above his head who were disgusted with the way I had been treated and I laughed as I watched them put him in his place, remember you're in control it's your money at the end of the day 20k give or take is a lot of money and they need to be respectful of that, when they have resolved your issues, you then need to drill them for free servicing etc,
Thanks given by:
I have booked the car into Newport Ford for a second look. That, and they only charge £10 a day for their hire cars.
Hopefully they will come up trumps and I will be able to get a monumental letter of complaint sent into the Ford Customer Relationship department about Bridgend Ford.
Thanks given by:
So I finally had the chance to clean the car and check it all over carefully for defects. The paintwork is horrendous.
The service manager in Bridgend Ford told me I was being 'picky' and these were acceptable.

[Image: IMG_4758_zpsrr2l2khs.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4760_zpsp4iqcyih.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4762_zpsbbrqhbgh.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4763_zpseil2bfap.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4764_zps6yrbawnm.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4765_zpsdrm7ohzu.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4766_zpscklupaac.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4768_zpsfk0jerxu.jpg]

The car covered in masking tape...
[Image: IMG_4773_zpstsgt2zhf.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4774_zpsxyfriuef.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4775_zpsqe3nnkri.jpg]

Good news is the car is now in another dealer 40 miles away from home. They seem much happier to help and the guy from the bodyshop was utterly amazed the car managed to get through it's PDI like that.
Thanks given by:
Good bunch of lads down newport ford..know them all down there
Thanks given by:
Yeah that shouldn't of been sold. I bet it was already made and had been sitting for a while before you bought it so went to PDI filthy then cleaned by the car cleaner who doesn't give a f*ck what it looks like
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I found out after I bought it that Bridgend Ford took delivery of it 4 months prior to me purchasing it.
I bought it unregistered so I assume it's just been sat in the compound since.

I really hope Newport Ford sort the car out so I can get a monumental complaint off to Ford about Bridgend Ford.
Thanks given by:
Aside from the defects, that BMW levels of orange peel going on  Confused
Thanks given by:
That orange peel is shocking! Look at the fuel filler cap, that is terrible.
Thanks given by:
The orange peel doesn't bother me. Unfortunatley it's just something you have to accept with a modern car. As long as it's consistent on every panel I'm not too worried.

I may look into getting the car wrapped once it's all perfect.
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2015, 04:49 AM)Bailes1992 Wrote: The orange peel doesn't  bother me. Unfortunatley it's just something you have to accept with a modern car. As long as it's consistent on every panel I'm not too worried.

I may look into getting the car wrapped once it's all perfect.

You're nuts.

Of course it's not something you have to accept on a modern car! I have a 60 plate car which I've found none on. 
Thanks given by:
Most new stuff now has orange peel, might it be to do with cars being immersion painted now? It is something you just have to accept really, especially on budget cars such as fords, GMs and French stuff. You also see it on a lot of new BMWs though, and they're far from budget. I've been noticing it more and more and new cars from all manufacturers though.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 74EBE802-3E44-4901-9779-ED55DEC800DC_zps5vqpfuyr.jpg]
[Image: B50576A4-5C73-4801-9DC6-B6C053A0D5F9_zpswe1aslou.jpg]
[Image: 053BA545-4369-44E8-8EBE-A853757EF047_zpsfuhppdmu.jpg]

That is my 4 year old, 106k 'budget' paintwork.

I just don't agree that the amount of orange peel on that focus is acceptable.
Thanks given by:
I didn't say BMWs were budget (but nor are they the sexually stimulating objects you make them out to be). I was saying that orange peel is commonplace on new cars, clearly paint finish doesn't figure that highly in new car buyer's priorities.
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2015, 04:27 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I didn't say BMWs were budget (but nor are they the sexually stimulating objects you make them out to be). I was saying that orange peel is commonplace on new cars, clearly paint finish doesn't figure that highly in new car buyer's priorities.

Who's talking about BMW's? That is cheap GM paint.

Since when do I make BMW's out to be sexually stimulating objects? You've lost me.
Thanks given by: