Boss kit for aftermarket wheel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boss kit for aftermarket wheel
Hi

I recently purchased a sparco steering wheel and quick release boss. I now need a new boss to attach the quick release hub to. I'd ideally like a short one because I'm tall and I don't want the steering wheel against my chest. Failing that I will ditch the quick release and just use the hub I need and the steering wheel. Can anyone suggest a decent short hub to attach the quick release or any decent hub that I can attach my 6 bolt steering wheel to. Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks given by:
I have a pretty short boss for sale...
How 'short' does it need to be?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2015, 12:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: I have a pretty short boss for sale...
How 'short' does it need to be?

I would really like the hub to sit flush with the front of the plastic bits that surrounds it. Can't remember what they're called. The bit that covers all the ignition etc behind the wheel. Currently the back of the steering wheel sits almost flush with the plastics behind it. If I fit the quick release then I would prefer for only that to be on show because it is 60mm deep. The wheel is already close enough to me with the seat right back so ideally the hub I buy will sit well into the plastic parts with nothing protruding from the plastics. Hope that makes sense. Probably not haha
Thanks given by:
Ah right. Nah, my one isnt that short. I'm not sure you'll get one that small

Better off getting a "all in one" at the right length
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2015, 01:54 PM)RPiggy Wrote: Ah right. Nah, my one isnt that short. I'm not sure you'll get one that small

Better off getting a "all in one" at the right length

Any ideas where I might get one? Also how deep is yours because I have t taken my wheel off yet to measure how deep I could go. Cheers
Thanks given by:
Most bosses are designed to put a flat wheel in the same position as a standard wheel. Afaik there isnt a short boss for the 306 although its been a long time since i got one.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got two here, one is a good inch longer/deeper than the other
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aftermarket steering wheel 328isport 3 1,658 04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Steering wheel boss MartinL 0 813 23-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Last Post: MartinL
  Fitting a aftermarket steering wheel Danaidh 3 872 01-05-2015, 08:51 PM