Fitting a aftermarket steering wheel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting a aftermarket steering wheel
Hey everyone,

I know am new here and this has more then likely been covered loads of times

Am looking to change my airbag wheel to a aftermarket one as I want to to get rid of the airbag issues and also try and cure the airbag light issues which has managed to fail me 3 mots. But that's a story for a different time.

Anyone done this and if so have you got any pictures of it?
Thanks given by:
Loads and loads of people have. Have a look through the project threads and see. I believe zx-volcane is running a replica omp one. Looks good. I run a 205 steering wheel if you like the oem look with a bit of dish. Also look at gti6 wheels as they are standard but leather which is a nice touch.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If your air bag is on it'll be the connections under the seats.
Your best off taking the plug off and soldering them together for better connection.

If you wanna put steering wheel on then you need to buy a resistor so your airbag light doesn't flash.
Cully sells them on ebay for the airbag.

I have a omp deep dish replica in my gti6.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I will try soldering the cables in the morning for a better connection, as for the steering wheel am thinking of a nice wheel with a little bit of dish but not too much. Seen a few I like, I will try and find this guy on ebay. Am guessing any 306 boss will fit the d turbo estate?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel NaughtonGAA 11 4,868 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Aftermarket steering wheel 328isport 3 1,645 04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  phase 1 steering wheel removal Iaitoo 3 1,188 21-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo