Anti Roll Bars?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Roll Bars?
Alright everyone

I am after the thickest set of anti roll bars I can get for my 306. I only have the meridian so it doesnt handle well at all really. Im looking for the big ones from the hdi dturbo, the xsara vts, or the gti6 preferably. What you all got and how much would you want?

Cheers, Jack
Thanks given by:
I've removed your duplicate thread for you. Good luck with your search. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by: JTaylor2005
24mm rear from a gti6, not all hdi's had them, neither did all the vts's. I'd say don't touch the front arb.
Thanks given by:
Nice well I will have to try find one of them. I am going for those bilstein b4 shocks and a set of eibach springs as well. Why not touch the front bar?
Thanks given by:
General rule of thumb on cheap upgrades is to stiffen the rear up to aid turn in. Fitting a bigger front bar will tend to make the car understeer even more. Some people remove the front bar completely, personally I'm not so sure on a road car but it works nicely on my rally car.
Thanks given by:
Any 3 door should have the 'GTi' beam with thicker rear ARB and torsion bars, so you might as well swap the whole beam on from one of those (GTi6/XSi/XS/HDi DTurbo). Also 5dr HDi DTurbos and 5 XSi's have the sports suspension.

However, I found that GTi beams made the rear end skippy on rough B roads as it just couldn't keep enough tyre contact on the road, I prefered Meridian beam for that any day! And a tank of fuel helps as well.

But on a smooth track or A road, the GTi beams were obviously better. Ride is noticeably worse with a GTi beam as well.
Thanks given by:
phase 1 vts had 24mm phase 2 had 23mm
gti6 24mm as said
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Not all 'sports' got the 24mm rear arb regardless of what peugeot and service box might say. Unless your beam is knackered it might not be a good idea swapping the entire beam either.

Tom I'd say your dampers were knackered, a 24mm rear arb hardly turns a 306 into a hardcore race car, still very civilised. Cars with far bigger torsion bars and arbs can be very sedate with the correct damping.
Thanks given by:
It's unlikely that all 3 3drs I had had knackered dampers tbh...

Depends how much of a rough ride you can handle though, again its down to personal preference I guess.
Thanks given by:
Im just even more lost haha Tongue so what arbs and torsion bars would u guys say would match up well and make it handle better than the stupidly soft suspension I have now haha
Thanks given by:
All the infos there mate, to be fair this has been done to death so a search wouldn't go a miss. Going through things methodically I'd start by replacing all the bushes/joints on the car, make sure the beams in good nick and then look at modding it. A box fresh 306 handles surprisingly well!
Once you've done that I'd be going down the well trodden b8/eibach/21+24 bars route....
Thanks given by:
Sweet haha. Thats all the stuff I was after then. B8s are very very expensive though. B4's are apparently decent as well. Then new anti roll bars I suppose and springs.
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 02:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's unlikely that all 3 3drs I had had knackered dampers tbh...

Nonsense, you're a full-blown lemon magnet, any opinion you have to share about a 306 is irrelevant because of this simple fact. Heart

Before mine came off the road i was still running the standard pov-spec arb and it didn't feel like it needed upgrading, even with everything else stiffened up.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 07:24 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Sweet haha. Thats all the stuff I was after then. B8s are very very expensive though. B4's are apparently decent as well. Then new anti roll bars I suppose and springs.

B4s are just an oe replacement, it'll feel loads better than your tired original dampers but it's not necessarily an upgrade Wink 
Thanks given by:
Ahhh well then that will have to do because there is no way im spending £600 on a set of shocks haha. It will just have to handle decent not amazing lol
Thanks given by:
Got a 22mm front arb, biggest that you can get.
After £40 plus post. No offers.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by: