Making a meridian handle well?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a meridian handle well?
Hey everyone, I have the meridian model 2.0 HDI and I want to try and make it handle good.

Wheels I know I need definitly as the ones I have now are way too thin.

What else would you guys suggest that makes a good difference? Im not looking for an epic track car. Just to be a bit tougher and not roll around so much in the corners Smile

Cheers guys Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Gti6 beam im sure has bigger torsion bars, gti6 anti roll bar on the front.
Most importantly though sort every single worn bush and put some decent tyres/have the tracking done.
Thanks given by:
I did a lot of work on mine last year. I rebuilt and fitted a Xsara VTS beam, New B4 shocks all round, new wishbones, new TREs, new BJs, new top mounts, VTS front ARB and new rubbers. Handles nicely, very predictive and can lift a rear wheel if pushed.

About to swap the B4s, as they're a bit soft when pushing, for B8s. Giving a slimmer front ARB a try too. Coupled with the VTS rack I've got to go on, the car should be hoot to drive.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2015, 10:51 AM)Alan_M Wrote: I did a lot of work on mine last year. I rebuilt and fitted a Xsara VTS beam, New B4 shocks all round, new wishbones, new TREs, new BJs, new top mounts, VTS front ARB and new rubbers. Handles nicely, very predictive and can lift a rear wheel if pushed.

About to swap the B4s, as they're a bit soft when pushing, for B8s. Giving a slimmer front ARB a try too. Coupled with the VTS rack I've got to go on, the car should be hoot to drive.

is the VTS anti roll bar thicker than a gti6 one?
Thanks given by:
no, just the torsion bars.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
So then a nice set of these would do?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-2-...4d039a1a0f

And then basically just replace all the bushes? Would powerflex ones be worth doing? And what springs would you use with those dampers do you reckon?

Thanks for the help guys Big Grin

Jack
Thanks given by:
That price is pretty steep for a set of B4's. I can save you £50 on that price.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2015, 02:52 PM)shervo Wrote:
(14-03-2015, 10:51 AM)Alan_M Wrote: I did a lot of work on mine last year. I rebuilt and fitted a Xsara VTS beam, New B4 shocks all round, new wishbones, new TREs, new BJs, new top mounts, VTS front ARB and new rubbers. Handles nicely, very predictive and can lift a rear wheel if pushed.

is the VTS anti roll bar thicker than a gti6 one?

Bit of a breakdown for you;

Meridian/GTi6/VTS

Front ARB - 19mm/21mm/21mm
Rear ARB -  19mm/24mm/24mm
TBs          -  19mm/20mm/21mm

VTS beam arms have different toe/camber settings too. Decent upgrade if you can grab one.

Kam Racing have the B4 kit for £160. As for springs, I ran VTS ones but most go for the Eibachs. 
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Later Ph2 VTS's have a 23mm rear ARB
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making bushes! Tom 26 3,855 03-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Last Post: puglove