306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Making a meridian handle well?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, I have the meridian model 2.0 HDI and I want to try and make it handle good.

Wheels I know I need definitly as the ones I have now are way too thin.

What else would you guys suggest that makes a good difference? Im not looking for an epic track car. Just to be a bit tougher and not roll around so much in the corners Smile

Cheers guys Big Grin
Gti6 beam im sure has bigger torsion bars, gti6 anti roll bar on the front.
Most importantly though sort every single worn bush and put some decent tyres/have the tracking done.
I did a lot of work on mine last year. I rebuilt and fitted a Xsara VTS beam, New B4 shocks all round, new wishbones, new TREs, new BJs, new top mounts, VTS front ARB and new rubbers. Handles nicely, very predictive and can lift a rear wheel if pushed.

About to swap the B4s, as they're a bit soft when pushing, for B8s. Giving a slimmer front ARB a try too. Coupled with the VTS rack I've got to go on, the car should be hoot to drive.
(14-03-2015, 10:51 AM)Alan_M Wrote: [ -> ]I did a lot of work on mine last year. I rebuilt and fitted a Xsara VTS beam, New B4 shocks all round, new wishbones, new TREs, new BJs, new top mounts, VTS front ARB and new rubbers. Handles nicely, very predictive and can lift a rear wheel if pushed.

About to swap the B4s, as they're a bit soft when pushing, for B8s. Giving a slimmer front ARB a try too. Coupled with the VTS rack I've got to go on, the car should be hoot to drive.

is the VTS anti roll bar thicker than a gti6 one?
no, just the torsion bars.
So then a nice set of these would do?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-2-...4d039a1a0f

And then basically just replace all the bushes? Would powerflex ones be worth doing? And what springs would you use with those dampers do you reckon?

Thanks for the help guys Big Grin

Jack
That price is pretty steep for a set of B4's. I can save you £50 on that price.
(14-03-2015, 02:52 PM)shervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2015, 10:51 AM)Alan_M Wrote: [ -> ]I did a lot of work on mine last year. I rebuilt and fitted a Xsara VTS beam, New B4 shocks all round, new wishbones, new TREs, new BJs, new top mounts, VTS front ARB and new rubbers. Handles nicely, very predictive and can lift a rear wheel if pushed.

is the VTS anti roll bar thicker than a gti6 one?

Bit of a breakdown for you;

Meridian/GTi6/VTS

Front ARB - 19mm/21mm/21mm
Rear ARB -  19mm/24mm/24mm
TBs          -  19mm/20mm/21mm

VTS beam arms have different toe/camber settings too. Decent upgrade if you can grab one.

Kam Racing have the B4 kit for £160. As for springs, I ran VTS ones but most go for the Eibachs. 
Later Ph2 VTS's have a 23mm rear ARB