Oops....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops....
fuckin hell toms finally took peoples advice and got a 1.5 106 derv! now tom no raving on about mpg or driving! these run on the smell of derv.
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:The wheel and gearstick shouldn't shake...

The wheel and gearstick have shaken on pretty much every car I've had.....a combination of high miles.and bad tracking/balancing can easily do that! :think:

But, there is a judder pulling away which I assumed was engine mounts.....but maybe its this lol....didn't even link the two until about 3am this morning .lol.

Have you changed .one Sam? Was .it difficult?
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:fuckin hell toms finally took peoples advice and got a 1.5 106 derv! now tom no raving on about mpg or driving! these run on the smell of derv.

Yeah I'm not happy with the mpg tbh, 150 miles on just under half a tank apparently? :o. I'm just hoping the fuel guage is broken cos that's shit mpg otherwise! Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Yeah I'm not happy with the mpg tbh, 150 miles on just under half a tank apparently? :o. I'm just hoping the fuel guage is broken cos that's shit mpg otherwise! Confusedhock:

The gauge is very sensitive to being parked on inclines, and the tank is only 40litres(!)
I got 480 to my last tank Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
THE_Liam Wrote:The wheel and gearstick shouldn't shake...

The wheel and gearstick have shaken on pretty much every car I've had.....a combination of high miles.and bad tracking/balancing can easily do that! :think:

But, there is a judder pulling away which I assumed was engine mounts.....but maybe its this lol....didn't even link the two until about 3am this morning .lol.

Have you changed .one Sam? Was .it difficult?

Yeah but it's still not right Tom, sort it out! My Octavia is on 115k and theres no shaking through the wheel or gearstick...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
yeah ive done one, took me a couple of hours i think. and that was a while back when i was just starting out working on cars. could probably do it in an hour or so now, hub nut off, wheel off, ball joint out, shaft out, shaft in, ball joint in, wheel on, hub nut on. of course youll have to drain the gear box too.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt even bother with the shaft, the NAD I'm drivings had knocky shafts for like 2 years now with no issues.

Oh and it got PAS Big Grin
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:I wouldnt even bother with the shaft, the NAD I'm drivings had knocky shafts for like 2 years now with no issues.

Oh and it got PAS Big Grin

Bit late now Tongue

But this is more than just a knocky shaft....I moved the boot back and its full of mud and sand! Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
could be a bad connection to the sender unit tom, my rover has this problem.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oops, im late on a friday daddyfixit 2 1,742 12-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Oops... Sian 13 3,190 28-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Oops another car ozonehostile 51 6,825 11-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Toms306