306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Oops....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yup, I shit the turbo. :| lol

[Image: Oilyturbo022.jpg]

[Image: Oilyturbo021.jpg]

[Image: Oilyturbo023.jpg]

[Image: Oilyturbo020.jpg]

Was driving to town this morning (to get a quote for DMF replacement lol), noticed it was pretty smelly and smokey (grey smoke) but it was a cold morning so I thought meh it'll clear......wasn't driving particualarly fast but did have to overtake a couple of bikes....and created so much smoke it was unbelivable, they couldn't see, by this point thinking theres something wrong...but carried on anyway!!

Got to the strand (under orwell bridge) and was billowing out smoke, pulled over up the oyster reach hill and theres smoke all over from under the bonnet (my cats leaking remember) through the vents, out the back etc etc....open bonnet and oh shit, theres oil splatted everywhere...turbos gone, oops. Doh

Still drove it 12 miles home.....think the guy behind me has probably died of lung cancer by now though. :think:

So yeah, thought I'd brighten all your days and give you a chance to say 'told you so'. Smile

Tom
Was waiting for this after I saw the Facebook update haha
Matt Wrote:Was waiting for this after I saw the Facebook update haha

Haha...wasn't sure whether or not to put it here but might as well lol.....
Haha I had to drive on a f*cked turbo and it was just the same pluming out smoke even on idle but mine was properly f*cked.
I take it you don't have a boost gauge to make sure but does sound like a foooked turbo
Don't drive diesels with f*cked turbos, they have a tendancy to run away and gulp so much oil you can hydrolock the engine....
Ruan Wrote:Don't drive diesels with f*cked turbos, they have a tendancy to run away and gulp so much oil you can hydrolock the engine....

I was worried about it dieselling...thank f*ck it didn't, cos my clutch wouldn't have stalled it lol!!

Edit - I have a boost guage......but haven't got round to fitting it! Doh
So whats the plan with this now new turbo?
Strikeforce Wrote:So whats the plan with this now new turbo?

Well yeah...but it'd be pointless putting a like for like one in. Wink
If you just put a 150 turbo in it'd be the gayest thing since the Mk4 Golf....

Stick in a proper turbo..

Go big or go home.
Ruan Wrote:If you just put a 150 turbo in it'd be the gayest thing since the Mk4 Golf....

Stick in a proper turbo..

Go big or go home.

lol

Whatever it is its gotta be a straight fit though...I saw the thread with all the fannying about with the turbo on Jakes DT!! :o
Toms306 Wrote:Whatever it is its gotta be a straight fit though...I saw the thread with all the fannying about with the turbo on Jakes DT!! :o

Yeah but you have a PD TDi, there are TONNES of bolt on mods and turbos for them arent there?!

I will admit doing Jakes turbo was a bit of a faff, but it was completely custom, you shouldnt have to do all of that to get a bigger turbo on a Golf TDi.
Tbh Dan I hadn't really looked around and researched the turbos. I'm only aiming for ~200bhp from the golf anyway (otherwise clutch/dmf would deffo have to be uprated) and as Im not made of money thought a 150 turbo would be about right tbh.
sounds like a golf...
what a bastard that is for you tom! my dads turbo blew on his 406 not long after he bought it. his engine rev counter jumped right up then settled back down. he said wtf? then he looked out of the rear view mirror and said. theres load of white smoke pouring out of the back of this! at the time he was towing a caravan too. we were only 30 mins away too from the caravan site too. when he pulled over you could still see the white cloud still lingering in the air lol.
any way so whats the plan of action then, are you gonna buy an second hand one to get you back on your feet or a new upgraded one?
procta Wrote:what a bastard that is for you tom! my dads turbo blew on his 406 not long after he bought it. his engine rev counter jumped right up then settled back down. he said wtf? then he looked out of the rear view mirror and said. theres load of white smoke pouring out of the back of this! at the time he was towing a caravan too. we were only 30 mins away too from the caravan site too. when he pulled over you could still see the white cloud still lingering in the air lol.
any way so whats the plan of action then, are you gonna buy an second hand one to get you back on your feet or a new upgraded one?

The plan is to get mobile again before I can even think of anything else yet, so looking for a stop gap car. Smile Not many 306s about locally and cheaply though! Sad
tom, id be down at my local scrappies and pricing a second hand turbo. as its gonna be cheeper then buying a stop gap car pal.
say you stop gap car costs about 500 quid then you have the f*ck on of getting funds back up for the golf. so if you go that route you mite aswell sell the golf on for spare repair.
find a truck breakers, bolt a MASSIVE one. job done.
procta Wrote:tom, id be down at my local scrappies and pricing a second hand turbo. as its gonna be cheeper then buying a stop gap car pal.
say you stop gap car costs about 500 quid then you have the f*ck on of getting funds back up for the golf. so if you go that route you mite aswell sell the golf on for spare repair.

No I have worked this out already.......I can change the turbo and hopefully the DMF while the cars off the road if I have a stop gap car, that saves on all those labour costs for a start!

The stop-gap gives me a change and something petrolly so I dont get bored with one car, and I'm spending no more than £500 on it so can get back most of what I paid in May.

May is when the insurance runs out so the golf will be freshly done for the start of the new insurance, sell the stop gap, and have a fully working golf again. Smile

Edit - Oh and have you tried finding a 130 or 150 turbo...its near enough impossible, I've been looking for months lol.
try ebay tom, or google north east motor salvage.
i know your trying to cut labour costs as we do that anyway.
just thinking about you not having the funds for another car.
gt2259v whistle
procta Wrote:try ebay tom, or google north east motor salvage.
i know your trying to cut labour costs as we do that anyway.
just thinking about you not having the funds for another car.

Well funds for the changed slightly since I got some inheritance through. Smile This is why I've been able to do it, couldn't have afforded it otherwise.

n0v0s Wrote:gt2259v whistle

Whats that off? It sounds big haha.....
Mercs or the 3.0 TDis...

260hp NO issues... They're pretty much a 300hp turbo...
Ruan Wrote:Mercs or the 3.0 TDis...

260hp NO issues... They're pretty much a 300hp turbo...

Hmm....epic lag then? Sad
bmw 330d - the older m57 engine. Pre 2003ish. Check out tdiclub for some project threads, they've got some mental shit goin on there!

Bigger nozzles and map to 250+ easy.
n0v0s Wrote:bmw 330d - the older m57 engine. Pre 2003ish. Check out tdiclub for some project threads, they've got some mental shit goin on there!

Bigger nozzles and map to 250+ easy.

And back to the lack of money/insurance issues again haha!!
naah, vnt baby!
n0v0s Wrote:naah, vnt baby!

Still must be laggy if its that big though??
Go google vnt.
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Go google vnt.

I know about vnt, and the 150tdi is more laggy than the 130......so an even bigger one must more laggy still. Much less than a non vnt turbo I agree, but still laggy.....
Toms306 Wrote:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Go google vnt.

I know about vnt, and the 150tdi is more laggy than the 130......so an even bigger one must more laggy still. Much less than a non vnt turbo I agree, but still laggy.....

I really wouldn't worry about lag with any VNT that would go on your car tbh, not going to cause enough to make it un- drivable .
Pages: 1 2 3 4