I know it's a long shot...need a favour!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know it's a long shot...need a favour!
Hi all,

Basically I f*cked up yet again.....and snapped two studs on the turbo while trying to remove the cat. Doh

Anyway, they're a dealer only part but theres none in Ipswich (we have audi/vw/tps etc and none have any! :roll: )

However there are some at Bury st Edmunds Audi, Robinsons VW North walsham, Cambridge TPS and Norwich TPS!! If anyone happens to be coming from one of those areas to/via Ipswich tomorow and doesn't mind picking up some studs for me please drop me a pm and I'll be extremely grateful...

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Good luck getting it sorted. Are VW not able to order them in for you?

Also please no comments about breaking things etc yadda yadda
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Good luck getting it sorted. Are VW not able to order them in for you?

Also please no comments about breaking things etc yadda yadda

TPS can order them...for Tuesday! However I'm busy Tuesday and back at college from Wed to Fri, so thats a last resort really.
Thanks given by:
Tom tried any local skoda dealers near you? Don't forget that engine is still in some skodas now!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Tom tried any local skoda dealers near you? Don't forget that engine is still in some skodas now!

I haven't tried the skoda dealer (now you mention it seat are the same too...and the ford galaxy!) but I was given a short list from TPS of 'located parts'....not sure if seat/skoda would be included in those....For definitely won't though, but then I don't suppose they'll keep those kind of parts in.
Thanks given by:
Tbh I doubt you will find anywhere unless your lucky under the part number you have because most dealers will rarely stock parts for 10 year old cars.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Tbh I doubt you will find anywhere unless your lucky under the part number you have because most dealers will rarely stock parts for 10 year old cars.

Bury Audi have 19 of them in stock atm! lol Shame its 40 miles away......thats like a tenners worth of fuel for some studs lol. Sad I got the new nuts from TPS...they were only £1.26 for the 3 lol....just a shame they didn't have the studs too!

Anyway, I'll just enjoy the extra turbo noise for now...its surprisingly adictive. lol Its not what I was expecting though...I was expecting a deep growly noise...but instead there was just more whistly turbo.... Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
Scrap it!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its worth more than scrap value......Tbh Iam thinking about selling.............. :think: lol
Thanks given by:
Well I ordered some from Audi now(closest VAG dealer to me)....should be ready to collect at 8.30 on Tuesday...
Thanks given by:
Phil hes got you there lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Isnt more interesting than the shit that i post! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah.. like that epic towbar thread or the gear knob removal guide... lmao
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I agree with Tom. Yo posts got pwnd. the end.

Try that cool story on for size bro Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
My dads been breaking a galaxy I can ring him and ask if he has them? But I'd have to post them? I know the turbo and cats gone but he may still have the studs.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Been deleting my posts?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:My dads been breaking a galaxy I can ring him and ask if he has them? But I'd have to post them? I know the turbo and cats gone but he may still have the studs.

He's ordered them now Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Tbh I doubt you will find anywhere unless your lucky under the part number you have because most dealers will rarely stock parts for 10 year old cars.

Bury Audi have 19 of them in stock atm! lol Shame its 40 miles away......thats like a tenners worth of fuel for some studs lol. Sad I got the new nuts from TPS...they were only £1.26 for the 3 lol....just a shame they didn't have the studs too!

Anyway, I'll just enjoy the extra turbo noise for now...its surprisingly adictive. lol Its not what I was expecting though...I was expecting a deep growly noise...but instead there was just more whistly turbo.... Confusedhock:

tom man you are right fanny, when it comes to driving distances. Tongue i have to collect parts, from that distance and even a pal came down to me to fix my car twice. he lives 40 miles away too.
it would have been worth a drive. get away from the family and a chance to listen to the tunes too. nowt like going for a good blast! the spool off the turbo :twisted:
Thanks given by:
I take every chance I get for a good drive.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Am i the only one which noticed the "40 miles, £10 of fuel"... What happened to all yur MPGZZ YO?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Am i the only one which noticed the "40 miles, £10 of fuel"... What happened to all yur MPGZZ YO?

2x 40 = 80. 80 miles at 12 pence per miles is getting on for a tenner. I do have to come home too. Wink

And Procta, I was ready to drive to bury....woulda been a bit of a challenge for me......but then I thought a tenner of fuel for two pounds worth of studs seems daft lol....especially as I've already done 600 miles in the last 12 days.....and I was trying to cut down! Doh
Thanks given by:
any excuse tom
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:any excuse tom

Pay for my diesel and I'll drive there....seriously. Wink
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
procta Wrote:any excuse tom

Pay for my diesel and I'll drive there....seriously. Wink

sorry tom pal, i already have another car to feed. Smile even if i didnt i still tell you to get a 1.5D Tongue
Thanks given by:
Haha, well ill stick with my 64mpg I think lol Tongue
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Haha, well ill stick with my 64mpg I think lol Tongue
and you complain about doing a 80 mile round trip
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Haha, well ill stick with my 64mpg I think lol Tongue
and you complain about doing a 80 mile round trip

I only earn 30 quid a week lol! Tongue
Thanks given by:
we wont go into that one.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long Shot 'Wanted' or Better Idea..? (DPF related) Toms306 37 6,594 23-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Long Shot - Any Work at Suzuki? Toms306 1 824 08-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Last Post: toseland
  long shot but worth a crack! wiggy 14 2,647 16-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Last Post: samass