Thinking out loud about mtdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking out loud about mtdi
(27-06-2015, 09:49 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: What is a pop tester out of interest. What does it do and how does it work?

its a oil pump that you can measure the break pressure of manual injectors
based on  a car jack with a pressure gauge Wink

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/gene...ester.html

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
cba to make one. Cheap enough to buy new on ebay with fitting for different injectors. Handy for setting up custom injectors as well. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Why are you going M-Hdi can I ask? Why not go for 2.2Hdi with EDC15c2 (learn to remap it) control, BFO VNT, big diesel squirters and figure a way to use a CP3 pump. That would = Much power.

Also all that would be schweet in a 405 Mi16 shell Smile
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2015, 10:12 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Why are you going M-Hdi can I ask? Why not go for 2.2Hdi with EDC15c2 (learn to remap it) control, BFO VNT, big diesel squirters and figure a way to use a CP3 pump. That would = Much power.

Also all that would be schweet in a 405 Mi16 shell Smile

Why not. I like the ve pump. I like the idea. We've established that engine has choice for injectors. Doesn't stop me strapping a vnt to just because its m-tdi. Have to agree with Darren here. Its the best of both worlds. DI and endless adjustment fast and at home with minimal equipment
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Not saying its a bad idea, I too like the VE pump its a thing of beauty how it works etc..... Having ECU control would just make it more refined. Once set up you can do it all on a laptop.
Thanks given by:
Soo have had a little nod from the Mrs saying that I can buy a second car soon so this may come to light in something now. Would love an old 305 but what else is there out there that I can fit an xud into for a track car build and have shits and giggles. Citroen visa......
Thanks given by:
Ask xudlingo if his dad has any 2.1 stuff! Hes been my go to guy for pug diesel engines etc for years! :-)
Thanks given by:
Citroen BX Smile
Thanks given by:
C15 van
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm. Still thinking about this.
Thanks given by:
Lets talk injectors. The angle of hdi is 142, jtd nozzles are 144 i think. Some ive found are 145 for mtdi. But its not just that is it. Maybe hdi nozzles on those injectors. Can shim the first stage injection to test the second i think.
Thanks given by:
So some useful info for people if they want.
Dsla p142 1477 is the nozzle on the hdi injector.
Dsla corresponds to the nozzle orifice
P is the needle type of 4 mm
The next 3 numbers are spray angle.

The last numbers are just for application apprently.
Thanks given by:
so anyone got any injector nozzle ideas. i cant seem to find any
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 09:09 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: ^^that is true^^ I get ridiculed at work for my Peugeot stuff. My boss told me when I started running veg I wouldn't make it to the roundabout. I've done 10,000 miles. Its all the little bits that add up to make things reliable. Generally not the big money things.
Good on you mate!
306 estates rock! Lol they do btw!! :-)
Thanks given by:
Is it really worth building a derv for track use only?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 11:28 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Is it really worth building a derv for track use only?

This is currently not the reason im discussing this times have changed.
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 11:28 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Is it really worth building a derv for track use only?

DO NOT let piggy read this lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Why not?!
I've not built a track use only derv!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 12:41 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

DO NOT let piggy read this lol

To late. Lol. I have to agree with piggy though. Why not. Something a bit diffrent.
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 01:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: Why not?!
I've not built a track use only derv!?

You drive yours daily as well I thought?

I'm not insulting fast dervs I'm just saying for track only it'd be more cost-effective to build a petrol car for track only to go quickly. For speed and reasonable economy yours is great. A track car does not need to balance fuel economy and suitability for daily driving against track-orientated factors.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking about defecting!!! bashbarnard 23 4,122 10-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: cully
  Thinking of getting this...... MarkTD 5 1,830 27-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  thinking if going defiltered???...... Piggy 15 3,343 17-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Jimmy306uk