D turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D turbo
I have no idea, didn't think to check the actual tank until I noticed some black silicon smudged around the cap!
Thanks given by:
How long does it take to switch the header tank over? Can't see it being a hard job
Thanks given by:
Hours, and you'll damage the hose in the process as it'll be rusted at the end... Its such a pain I just leave them attached and hanging rather than fully remove them now lol.

Is the tank itself actually damaged or just the cap?
Thanks given by:
oh i thought it would only take an hour or so, its only a few bolts, hoses and a sensor ahah. its the tank itself unfortunately :/
Thanks given by:
Get some decent penetrating oil on the bottom connector for as long as possible before starting, the one that has the metal end as Tom says. Unfortunately unless you can release that connector you'll struggle to replace the tank.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Honestly never seen a header tank break lol!

I may've exaggerated the timescale a bit lol, Jonny has the right idea though. Smile
Thanks given by:
alright ill give it ago, ill see if i can get the other one with hoses attached ahah.
Thanks given by:
You won't...some clever sod at Peugeot thought it'd be an excellent idea to run the hose through a hole in the chassis!! Doh
Thanks given by:
If you get the replacement one from a breakers, cut as much hose out with it as you can, then if you can't get the bottom hose out you can cut it off and join it using some 25mm copper pipe and a couple of jubilees. Not ideal, but it'll get the car back on the road and it won't leak if done right.

Thanks given by:
Got It off a lad quite local, doesn't have hose on it, will give it ago tomorrow morning as it's cold and dark now plus I cant be bothered today I'll do it on my day off
Thanks given by:
If you have penetrating oil, go outside and spray the connection now, it'll help. If you don't know which one it is, spray all the hoses on the tank, it won't hurt.

Thanks given by:
I'm not with the car ATM and I don't have any anyways so will have to do it in the morning and get it off after dinner
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update, changed the tank yesterday came off really easy tbh, the metal sleve came with the tank and was stuck on but that came off with some grip. Made it to London and back yesterday evening so can't be to bad haha
Thanks given by:
So I'm selling the DTub as it hates driveshafts, snapped the one that was on it when I got it like a week ago. Snapped a £60 from euro car parts yesterday. Got a non abs one from a local lad and its chewed that one up in 3 hours! Had a proper look at it before fitting to find the passenger side subframe is f**cked! Somehow managed to be bent up! Spent like 3 hours trying to bed it back down, gained a fair bit of clearance but its still managed to snap another, so its saying bye bye soon ahah

On another note, anyone selling a Dturb?
Thanks given by:
How much for your bent DTurbo, what else is bent?
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2015, 05:14 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: How much for your bent DTurbo, what else is bent?
Thinking about it I might just replace the subframe and give it one more try on a new driveshaft, if it works and is sound I'll keep it if not I'll definitely be selling , but I could be tempted by the right offer?

And as far as I'm aware its just the passenger side if the subframe. It must have hit something on the road at some point
Thanks given by:
Should've kept the 1.8. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2015, 02:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Should've kept the 1.8. Tongue

yeah looks that way ahaha....
Thanks given by:
[Image: cdd2a2aaf1bc2097c4f64dce0cdcda75.jpg]

How straight forward would an engine swap be? This ones on 200k mines only on 78k, its up for £400 so if I can get it cheaper that's a bargain I'd say. Just spoke to my mate that's been doing the work on mine and he says the chassis under the engine mount has a fairly bad hole in it[FEARFUL FACE]
Thanks given by:
Did you really just take a picture of a computer to upload on here? A link would've taken 10 seconds... lol

Engine swaps are easy! Low mileage doesn't necessarily mean the engines any better though.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was on the app at the time so though may as well ahah, and yeah I guess so, not sure what I'm going to do yet but I'll have decide fairly soon as I need a car :/
Thanks given by: