D turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D turbo
So got myself a phase 2 (Nile blue I think) d turbo, swapping for the 1.8 (can't cope with the economy) should be picking her up on Thursday but theres a slight chance it will be before, I'll get myself a project thread started for her and post some pictures up of the dirty diesel, its on a Lucas so a Bosch conversion is in the pipe line soon and there's a few cosmetics it needs till its a looker ;P
Thanks given by:
Cool story? lol

On a serious note, you should have a good laugh with a Dtub, is it currently standard? Got many plans for it? Power figure in mind if you're looking to tune it? (which you should really IMO, even if its just a light stage 1, makes the world of difference!)
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome

Look forward to the photo's
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
get some pics up mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its lowered, air filter, not sure about the exhaust though and has been turned up, will be turning it down until I get the cambelt changed and a bosch fitted. I'm going to tune it (main reason I went for it as you can't do anything to the 1.8 with out spending big money.. But what's a nice power to aim for to keep reliability ( will be getting fmic and turbo upgrade at some point when I've sorted the exterior out)

not got any pics of it yet but its the first thing ill do when i get it!
Thanks given by:
Picking it up at 6 today so I'll get some pictures on before the days over [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2015, 03:59 PM)Davidwheaty Wrote: Picking it up at 6 today so I'll get some pictures on before the days over [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Wow that was quick lol 

Take it you don't need a economical car anymore.
Thanks given by:
Nahh I'd rather have mpg Wink
Thanks given by:
Let's 'av it!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2015, 04:05 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(26-01-2015, 03:59 PM)Davidwheaty Wrote: Picking it up at 6 today so I'll get some pictures on before the days over [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Wow that was quick lol 

Take it you don't need a economical car anymore.

I read it the way I think you read it too, took me a second to realise :p
Thanks given by:
Ahh I see ahaha nah its not a '6 its at 6(pm) ahahaha
Thanks given by:
lol
Sorry thought you ment you where picking up a 6

Definitely need to go back to sleep.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2015, 04:15 PM)7057sam Wrote: lol
Sorry thought you ment you where picking up a 6

Definitely need to go back to sleep.
Aha I see where the confusion came from! Tbf I wish it were a '6 ahaha
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2015, 04:05 PM)Davidwheaty Wrote: Nahh I'd rather have mpg Wink

(26-01-2015, 04:25 PM)Davidwheaty Wrote: Aha I see where the confusion came from! Tbf I wish it were a '6 ahaha

Hmm... Confused Bet you soon get bored of it and buy a '6 instead. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I probably will if I can afford the insurance ahah

Just need a phase 1 then I will have had all 3! Ahah not bad seen as though I passed in November :L
Thanks given by:
So as promised heres a few pictures of the car, there not the best and its not the cleanest but like I said it needs a bit off work, which blue is it? I think its Nile but I'm not 100% sure? Oh and its defiantly a dirty diesel! Ahaha
Thanks given by:
Yep that nile and looking very low and irish lol

What's the plan
Thanks given by:
Plan is.. Lift it up a little bit as its very low, few little bits of paint work I want to sort out, all the plastics are going black or Nile havent decided probably black, new wheels, tints, sound system, possibility of a de wiper (but this one works so might keep it) gti interior, previous owner fitted a doubledin and took all the speakers with Jim when they removed it(arsehole) so need that sorting out, Bosch pump bigger turb and fmic
Thanks given by:
Needs a set of 'clones.
Thanks given by:
Yeah was thinking clones! But there on every 306 aren't they :/
Thanks given by:
it'll look mint if you do all that,get a project thread started Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice nile yo!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I get paid on Thursday so will be nipping to the scrappy see what I can get for now, order some wind deflectors. (I'm a smoker and there so much better if you smoke!) So once she's had a good clean I'll get some pics up for a project thread.. Just for now though had this might come on I'm guessing its coolant? Oh and lots of white smoke on start up (when it finally does fire, takes a couple of seconds) don't know much about diesels so what's the cause anyone know?

Help if I put the picture on ahah
Thanks given by:
That's the coolant level sensor. And the white smoke is either unburnt diesel (get a video of it, it's not uncommon for XUD's to produce a bit of white/grey on cold mornings) or possibly steam from a failing head gasket Sad Have a friend start it up and stand behind the car, if it's unburnt diesel it'll stink.

Check for water leaks in either case, but if it's steam I'd say HG.. 

Check the heaters, they should be red hot once up to temp. Is there a lot of pressure in the system, can you squeeze the top radiator hose with the engine warm or is it rock solid? Also look for signs that the header tank is leaking, orange stains around the cap/overflow pipe are usually signs of the HG going.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
OK I'll get a video of it and put it on, I'll check what you said, is it a dear job for the head gasket?

Oh and what/where is the header tank? Not familiar with all this extra cars you get on cars and not motorbikes (level 1 trained) ahaha
Thanks given by:
Just checked the radiator top pipe and it squished all the way with ease so poped the coolant cap off and low behold low on coolant, filled it up last night so its got a leak somewhere.. Any common places?
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2015, 04:58 PM)Davidwheaty Wrote: Just checked the radiator top pipe and it squished all the way with ease so poped the coolant cap off and low behold low on coolant, filled it up last night so its got a leak somewhere.. Any common places?

Between the waterways and cylinders. Itwasntme

Seriously though, you're there with the car, if its leaking that badly without being burnt you should see a puddle somewhere. Smile Oh also, the passenger footwell isn't wet is it?
Thanks given by:
OK well I'll top it up now and keep a bottle of water with me just in case it come on again, I'll check it in the day light tomorrow when I finish work
Thanks given by:
Found out earlier that its the coolant bottle thats been repaid before, shoddy repair of something you can pick up for a tenner! Getting one after work from a lad close by so will be sorted tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
How do you break a header tank? Confused
Thanks given by: