Spike2002's Silver Six

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spike2002's Silver Six
Went for a spin in this earlier - even with my weight in the car it still gets up and goes.
Well done for getting it through the MOT / looking good with the purps and sounds good too.
Now get your old engine rebuilt ready to put in when you blow this one up in 3 months(if it takes you that long) lol.
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate im addicted to the sound of her as you could proberly tell Big Grin She does pull quite well need to get her on the rollers tho at some point before i kill her again Smile
Ow and she lasted rougthly 6 months last time Wink

Thanks given by:
Just put a deposit down on a beam fitted with 21mm tb's and 28.5 mm tapered to 25.4mm at the one end hybrid arb and also some fully powerflexd bottom arms and 18mm hubs Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Schweeeet!!! dare I ask how much?
Thanks given by:
Andy you have pm Smile

Thanks given by:
Fitted some mist jets and wipers Smile

[Image: 100_5558_zps62250981.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Looking good - what's next?
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2012, 12:48 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Looking good - what's next?

Thanks mate.

Next on the list of to do is to pick up the beam and other parts i have put a deposit on. then fit them all. and replace the wheel bearings in the 18mm hubs and fit my beaided brake lines.
Also got to refurb my clones and get the tyres on them and get gareth7 to paint my phase 3 rubstrips for me Smile

Thanks given by:
Gareth is coming to mine this week - shame you haven't got a spare set of rub strips he could paint, I know the beam is desperate didn't know you had issues with the front hubs too Sad
Thanks given by:
My front hubs are the 16mm ball joint so im going to upgrade to 18mm at the same time as swaping the front arms Smile

I also have phase3 rub strips in my shed ready to be painted Wink

Thanks given by:
You mean you have 16mm front hubs not 17 and are u/ging to 18. What arms ate you getting as I'm looking at some with roller bearing bushes
Is Gareth picking your rub strips up?
Thanks given by:
Yes sorry i have 16mm and going to 18mm Smile
I havent sorted it out with gareth yet
And im getting fully powerflexd arms inc the p bush mate life time warrenty so if they f*ck up i can just get them changed Smile

Thanks given by:
Arms sound like a plan - what's the cost inc arms?
Thanks given by:
The price i pm'd you mate is inc the beam, powerflex'd bottom arms and the 18mm hubs Wink

Thanks given by:
Road trip today to wales with parksy to pick up a few shineys Smile

Fully powerflexd bottom arms and black b and c trims
[Image: 100_5564.jpg]
[Image: 100_5565.jpg]

18mm hubs.
[Image: 100_5566.jpg]

Beam fitted with 21mm tb's and 28.5 mm tapered to 25.4mm hybrid arb and gaz shocks Big Grin
[Image: 100_5567.jpg]
[Image: 100_5568.jpg]
[Image: 100_5569.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Well done bud - at least your disc guards look ok as you don't want to know how much they are from Pug for new shiny ones that I got arse raped for ( 0 )
Thanks given by:
Yh mate the disc guards should clean up nicely. You did tell me how much you paid for yours and it was bloody expensive lol my wallet is now empty but the 6 should handle bloody good once i get all this fitted. Ow and the black bonnet was no good mate as it had already been swaped over i did check for you tho Smile

Just got to sort some new wheel bearings out for the front hubs and get the jetwash and paint out Smile

Thanks given by:
Nice project mate, just read through from the last page Smile I imagine that beam set you back a fair whack! I know you had the 21mm bars fitted at the same time, but how do you rate the stiffness on the rear? What are you running up front?
Thanks given by:
I only picked the beam up on sunday mate.
Brought it compleate as in pics along with the other parts it wasnt cheap but imo i got a realy good deal on it all up front at the mo i have billy b4s and im not to sure what the springs are as they came on the car when i got it id say 40mm but will be replaced when i have the funds with some gaz coilovers to match the rear.
I will let you know how the stiffness on the rear is once the beam is fitted. it currently has standard beam mounts with powerflex bushes fitted to them but they will be swaped over to solid mounts once i have my old ones off the car to weld up Smile

Thanks given by:
Nice work, you should get some solid rear mounts to finish it off.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012, 10:43 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice work, you should get some solid rear mounts to finish it off.

I will be getting the mounts off my old beam welded up solid will do just as good a job but wont cost me a penny Wink

Thanks given by:
Not alot of progress on the 6 at the moment still got to fit the beam and other parts. Ive had some black a pillers deliverd today and got myself a diablo 6 to raid for parts so should have a set of mint seats in her soon. Along with swaping aload of parts over and retriming the head lineing in black Smile have done nealy 500 miles since she passed mot :O

Realy need to get round to fitting the shineys as she is all over the road at the moment due to nackerd beam and wishbone bushes Sad

Thanks given by:
Swaped the drivers seat base over for the mint one but soon realised that the 6 has the deep bolster phase 1 seats in it so it looked odd with the later base fitted so swaped it over she will soon have a phase 3 bonnet and tailgate fitted aswell off the donor hdi Smile

Thanks given by:
Got that tailgate on there yet ?
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2012, 05:08 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Got that tailgate on there yet ?

Not yet mate havent had the time havent even fitted the beam and other parts yet Sad to buisy with striping the other cars for spares Smile

Thanks given by:
Little bit of noise. Done on my phone wedged in the sun visor :p
[Image: th_IMG_0111.jpg]

Shame my battery died just before the main road Sad

Thanks given by:
Piece of sh1t :p lol think you really, really need to get her fixed now.

Be soo much better and faster when she is fixed, Also think those awful wheels need to go and some purple ones instead lol. (probably look awful if you actually did it)

As much as I tell you she's a shed I deffo do like her though.
Thanks given by:
Sort it out spike - though I think a certain spanner girl should give him a hand and help him tighten his nuts :p
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2012, 08:49 AM)MissH Wrote: Piece of sh1t :p lol think you really, really need to get her fixed now.

Be soo much better and faster when she is fixed, Also think those awful wheels need to go and some purple ones instead lol. (probably look awful if you actually did it)

As much as I tell you she's a shed I deffo do like her though.

Hush you she didn't kill you :p defo needs fixing ASAP it is quite bad Sad and feel privileged I let you drive her :p
(18-12-2012, 09:22 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Sort it out spike - though I think a certain spanner girl should give him a hand and help him tighten his nuts :p

I have to agree with you Andy I think she needs to Rofl

Thanks given by:
Think you need to let me drive her again when she's fixed tbh :p Also please wash the poor thing inside and out! lol

I don't know about tightening them could loosen them I suppose :p
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spike2002's V6 ecosse project spike2002 115 38,676 31-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Spike2002's sigma win spike2002 66 28,067 09-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Last Post: spike2002