Spike2002's Silver Six

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spike2002's Silver Six
Yeah mine does it on shitty road surfaces quite badly and I haven't even fitted my baker mounts yet but mine is derv so vibrates and rattles more than a perv
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 03:32 PM)Jonny b Wrote: f*ck me I have just been out for a drive since fitting the engine mounts and shit me does it vibrate, take it from the above yours does too?

Yes mate rattles the sunroof. I expect it to be even worse now tho as my top mount has had the shims welded in Smile

Thanks given by:
Is yours stripped out!? I thought there was something wrong when I started it up lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah mate its not striped out. if you are striped then i presume it will make it worse.

Thanks given by:
Few pics after today.

[Image: 100_5464.jpg]
[Image: 100_5463.jpg]
[Image: 100_5462.jpg]
[Image: 100_5461.jpg]
[Image: 100_5460.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Looks sweet bud got a soft spot for silver cars especially 6's and the like
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate still got few lil bits to do but its 99% there now will be finished tomorrow and ready for mot Smile

Thanks given by:
When is the mot booked in for bud?
Thanks given by:
Havent booked it yet mate probly get her in for nxt sat.
Just noticed my front fogs dont work and the clock/time display doesnt light up fuse mayb?

Fuses are fine Confused bulbs mayb.

Thanks given by:
Front fogs shouldn't be a fail anyway as they're an auxiliary item - just depends if your tester is a dick or not. Clock not lighting up is bulbs in the back x 2 - eBay is your friend for these as Halfrauds are robbers.
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 06:17 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Front fogs shouldn't be a fail anyway as they're an auxiliary item - just depends if your tester is a dick or not. Clock not lighting up is bulbs in the back x 2 - eBay is your friend for these as Halfrauds are robbers.

Not strictly true. There a safety feature and there fore if there installed, they should work! As you said, depends how nice the tester is.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yes as niall said if they are fitted they must work good job my mot tester is friendly will get them fixed anyway im thinking green relay or bulbs.
I have spare bulbs for the clock in the shed so i will just swap them over and see what happens Smile

Thanks given by:
Dude, loving the purple masks, they look epic!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 01:04 AM)samass Wrote: Dude, loving the purple masks, they look epic!

Cheers dude.
I will be fitting the rear boot badge. that gareth7 done for me tomorrow if the weather is good Smile

Thanks given by:
Fitted the gloss black and purple boot badge today and de wiperd her.
Sorted the time/temp clock out as the bulbs had gone just got to sort the front fogs out now as they dont work all plugged in checked fuse and green relay clicks so im thinking the bulbs have gone. Sad

Thanks given by:
If they're h3 bulbs I've got some you can have if your dad wants to pick em up from mine after he finishes work 2morrow - used for about 2mins to test the circuit then swapped em for 100watt yellow bulbs on my ph1 Smile
My rear bumper turned up yesterday Smile may try and fit it over the weekend if I can get my dad to give me a hand.
Thanks given by:
im not sure what bulbs they are i have put thr crystal fogs on so i will just remove the bulbs from the frosted ones and swap them over Smile just hope its the bulbs as im not sure what else it could be :S

Ow and if you need a hand with the bumper im free sunday mate Smile

Thanks given by:
The only other thing it could be is a broken wire/earth which if both bulbs don't work the earth is more likely unless they've been blown by shorting out.
Thanks given by:
I am thinking they may have already been blown on the previous car or got f*cked while in the post as ive never seen them working. if not tho i will double check every think i have already checked and hunt the problem down Smile
Any idea were the front fogs are earthed to?

Thanks given by:
Haven't got a clue where the earth points are for the fogs bud - sorry.
Thanks given by:
No worrys dude im sure i will sort it out Smile

Thanks given by:
Fingers crossed for the mot bud
Thanks given by:
Bulbs in the fogs are h1. changed them and the fogs now work. Smile
mot booked for the 15th Smile

Thanks given by:
Gave her a quick lil clean for the mot on sat Smile

[Image: 100_5538.jpg]
[Image: 100_5537.jpg]
[Image: 100_5534.jpg]
[Image: 100_5533.jpg]
[Image: 100_5535.jpg]

Thanks given by:
[Image: 100_5540.jpg]
[Image: 100_5541.jpg]

[Image: th_100_5542.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Good luck for the MOT tomorrow bud, hope she passes Smile
Thanks given by:
She passed Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Get in!! Well done bud now get to hooning!!!
Thanks given by:
I have been doing plenty of hooning randon drives the noise is adictive Big Grin

Thanks given by:
must say bud i like the purple touch its nice hahaha
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spike2002's V6 ecosse project spike2002 115 38,677 31-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Spike2002's sigma win spike2002 66 28,067 09-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Last Post: spike2002