206 gti brakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 gti brakes
Ive read that they fit just making sure that they do here first? lol Also are they 283 or 266mm? Just out of curiosity Smile Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
They will fit yes and they should be 266mm Smile
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:They will fit yes and they should be 266mm Smile

The GTi ones should be 283mm Dan! I'm sure of it! But yes they will fit no problem as long as your wheels are 15" or bigger Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the quick answer dan Smile must get them bought lol and i thought that too mark but oh well lol
Thanks given by:
Not according to ebay...
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Not according to ebay...

Ebay is wrong then, lets not start this again Tongue

There are 2 gti's though aren't there, the 180 and the boring slow one...........

Suppose that makes us both right lol

307 one fit too (same calliper exactly) just for the record Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Hmm, yeah. Looking at it again, seems the boring slow GTi had 266mm and the GTi180 had 283mm. So depends which car they are off bananalad!
Thanks given by:
I know 266 is plenty to stop me but i want big ones for show lol Would you notice the difference with the extra 17mm?

I wonder how i will find out..
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:I know 266 is plenty to stop me but i want big ones for show lol Would you notice the difference with the extra 17mm?

I wonder how i will find out..

get 302mm ones off the 307/308 then ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Id love to but i have two sets of 15s and i dont have the money to be buying/sellings alloys and i dont want to put anything bigger on the phase 1 lol
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Id love to but i have two sets of 15s and i dont have the money to be buying/sellings alloys and i dont want to put anything bigger on the phase 1 lol

283's it is then, they pretty much touch 15" wheels lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
If you just want them for show...........

Ebay linky

whistle
Thanks given by:
What is the name of the boring slow GTi 206? Because i want to ask him is the car a GTi180 or a......? lol Just dont want to sound like a noooob Smile
Thanks given by:
Id just refer to it as the GTi 180 or the normal GTi (which is more like 130hp IIRC)
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:If you just want them for show...........

Ebay linky

whistle

Will these allow me to brake faster into the corners? And how do i put them on my drums? All help appreciated lol
Thanks given by:

Ebay linky

whistle

lmao just no..............
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:

Ebay linky

whistle

lmao just no..............

But they look sporty lol
Thanks given by:
Lol, tempted to email the seller and ask how they fit onto drums lmao
Thanks given by:
He will probably recommend a hot glue gun lol

Im finding out after lunch what gti they came off so if they are 180 ones ill have them bought Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah but doesnt the whole drum spin, meaning the caliper would spin aswel?! lol That would look funny!
Thanks given by:
I've seen that so many times before, looks like a disc stuck to the drum with a fuckoff caliper.... Which spins also...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:I've seen that so many times before, looks like a disc stuck to the drum with a fuckoff caliper.... Which spins also...

Any pictures of this? lol

Right hes told me there off a GTi180 but i wont be able to see the car how will i know if there the right ones or is it just measure the disc?
Thanks given by:
Just measure the disc.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Remember the GTi180 and crap 137hp ones are thicker than the 306 ones - as are the 307 ones... Not the same... I.e. you can't use 306 discs Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Remember the GTi180 and crap 137hp ones are thicker than the 306 ones - as are the 307 ones... Not the same... I.e. you can't use 306 discs Smile

Thats grand thanks for that Smile Ill have them bought by the weekend anyway Smile

Anyone know how much the interior is worth out of these because the parts im buying are cheeeeeeap Smile
Thanks given by: