306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 206 gti brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive read that they fit just making sure that they do here first? lol Also are they 283 or 266mm? Just out of curiosity Smile Thanks Smile
They will fit yes and they should be 266mm Smile
Dan! Wrote:They will fit yes and they should be 266mm Smile

The GTi ones should be 283mm Dan! I'm sure of it! But yes they will fit no problem as long as your wheels are 15" or bigger Smile
Thanks for the quick answer dan Smile must get them bought lol and i thought that too mark but oh well lol
Not according to ebay...
Dan! Wrote:Not according to ebay...

Ebay is wrong then, lets not start this again Tongue

There are 2 gti's though aren't there, the 180 and the boring slow one...........

Suppose that makes us both right lol

307 one fit too (same calliper exactly) just for the record Wink
Hmm, yeah. Looking at it again, seems the boring slow GTi had 266mm and the GTi180 had 283mm. So depends which car they are off bananalad!
I know 266 is plenty to stop me but i want big ones for show lol Would you notice the difference with the extra 17mm?

I wonder how i will find out..
Bananalad Wrote:I know 266 is plenty to stop me but i want big ones for show lol Would you notice the difference with the extra 17mm?

I wonder how i will find out..

get 302mm ones off the 307/308 then ninja
Id love to but i have two sets of 15s and i dont have the money to be buying/sellings alloys and i dont want to put anything bigger on the phase 1 lol
Bananalad Wrote:Id love to but i have two sets of 15s and i dont have the money to be buying/sellings alloys and i dont want to put anything bigger on the phase 1 lol

283's it is then, they pretty much touch 15" wheels lol
If you just want them for show...........

Ebay linky

whistle
What is the name of the boring slow GTi 206? Because i want to ask him is the car a GTi180 or a......? lol Just dont want to sound like a noooob Smile
Id just refer to it as the GTi 180 or the normal GTi (which is more like 130hp IIRC)
Dan! Wrote:If you just want them for show...........

Ebay linky

whistle

Will these allow me to brake faster into the corners? And how do i put them on my drums? All help appreciated lol

Ebay linky

whistle

lmao just no..............
mark_airey Wrote:

Ebay linky

whistle

lmao just no..............

But they look sporty lol
Lol, tempted to email the seller and ask how they fit onto drums lmao
He will probably recommend a hot glue gun lol

Im finding out after lunch what gti they came off so if they are 180 ones ill have them bought Smile
Yeah but doesnt the whole drum spin, meaning the caliper would spin aswel?! lol That would look funny!
I've seen that so many times before, looks like a disc stuck to the drum with a fuckoff caliper.... Which spins also...
Ruan Wrote:I've seen that so many times before, looks like a disc stuck to the drum with a fuckoff caliper.... Which spins also...

Any pictures of this? lol

Right hes told me there off a GTi180 but i wont be able to see the car how will i know if there the right ones or is it just measure the disc?
Just measure the disc.
Remember the GTi180 and crap 137hp ones are thicker than the 306 ones - as are the 307 ones... Not the same... I.e. you can't use 306 discs Smile
Ruan Wrote:Remember the GTi180 and crap 137hp ones are thicker than the 306 ones - as are the 307 ones... Not the same... I.e. you can't use 306 discs Smile

Thats grand thanks for that Smile Ill have them bought by the weekend anyway Smile

Anyone know how much the interior is worth out of these because the parts im buying are cheeeeeeap Smile