307 problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 problems
So as I say I haven't been on for a while as I got rid of my brilliant 306 Sad anyway I have a 307 2.0 petrol which has developed a problem.

When I accelerate the exhaust has a gurgling sound to it, just like a subaru tbh. Now that would be ok although I also have a loss of power, seems like it's not running on all cylinders, but why the noise? Something to mention is I already have a loud exhaust on but didn't sound anything like it did now.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
When its off a cylinder it'll make a sound like that.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, what he said.

Fix your misfire ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys
Thanks given by:
Right guys, I have changed all glow plugs and still the same. I have narrowed it down to cylinder number 1 by unplugging the injector leads one by one. When I did all others the was a very noticeable difference but when I unplugged number 1 there was no difference.

I have Listened to the injectors and I can hear them all ticking very clearly.

So I'm thinking its something to do with the coils or leads. Is there any way to test the coils separately . its the stupid 1 coil each sparkplug I think and has that stupid metal part all across the plugs.
Thanks given by:
Swap the coils between 1 and 2, start up and remove the plug off of coil two. If theres no difference, you need a new coil. If theres no difference when you take coil 1 off, you have a issue else where
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There is only 1 connector that goes to the long piece that had all the leads that go over the plugs. Is hard to explain. I don't know how to do it Sad
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing it hasn't got individual coil packs, and it's just one unit?
Thanks given by:
I have no idea. Its a enclosed unit on top of the sparkplugs with just 1 cable plugged in. What happened to just having some ht leads
Thanks given by:
Which engine is it, the 138bhp?
Thanks given by:
Yes mate.
Thanks given by:
The part number for it is 5970 98
Thanks given by:
Thanks
Thanks given by:
No problem.
Thanks given by:
Right I have u plugged all Injector 1 at a time and when I unplug number 1 nothing changes. Now I have got hold of a diagnostic tool and I have the fault codes on all cylinder apart from 1. Very confused. Thought it's maybe from unplugging them but when I clear they come back. Any ideas? [Image: 6a6642aae5bcac9042f7a733ddd3e08e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right so cleared codes and they haven't come back. Swapped injectors around but still when I unplug injector 1 the engine doesn't change but when I unplug any other injector there is a dramatic change. Checked coil and there is spark on every plug. Changed plugs. I'm not 100% it's misfiring because it doesn't sound too bad now, baring in mind there is a loud exhaust on. But it must be if there's no difference when I unplug number 1 injector, correct? Any ideas at all?
Thanks given by: