Negative Camber

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative Camber
I skid my front right wheel into a roundabout. It punctured the tyre and left a little dint in the alloy. The wheel now sits with a fair bit of negative camber but after taking the wheel off the wishbone and tracking rods don't appear to be bent at all. (Even if they were bent surely that would mean I'd have positive camber anyway)

My dads friend reckons I should get a new strut, then work from there. Which sounds right?

But thinking about it how did the contact between the bottom of the wheel and the curb cause the top of the wheel to go in or the bottom to come out? What else should I look at that could of caused this?

Thanks for any info
Thanks given by:
Just to check...

Negative camber is where the bottom of wheel sits further in than the top

If thats what you have, its likely you have a bent lower arm or broken p bush/front bush
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Could of possibly wrecked a top mount
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2015, 05:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just to check...

Negative camber is where the bottom of wheel sits further in than the top

If thats what you have, its likely you have a bent lower arm or broken p bush/front bush

no, negative is when the top is closer together than the bottom.

bent strut is possible.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Same thing welshpug really!!

Just pivotting on a different point!

A pic be handy!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
no, positive is where the top leans out more.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2015, 06:29 PM)welshpug Wrote: no, positive is where the top leans out more.

This..

[Image: camber.gif]
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yeah I agree. Im not explaining meself, as i am trying to picture the angle of the wheel when being hit at the bottom at the kerb!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It has negative camber like in that picture. How it happened is confusing because as I say the wheel would of hit the bottom of the kerb. I guess it took less force to bend something above the pivot?
Thanks given by:
try 2nd hand hub first or get a full strut ???

if you had x/s positive camber you would expect wishbone to be bent--but you have the opposite, so wishbone stayed still and something above the balljoint has give way?
Thanks given by:
You sure nothing has snapped? Jack it up again and see if its all floppy anywhere.. Could be the weight of the car cauaing it where something isnt holding it?
Thanks given by:
Does sound like bent strut.
They will bend easier than a wishbone
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
For my 5 door 1.8 how do I know what strut to get as a replacement? Does it have to be specifically for a 1.8 so that it sits at the same height as the other side?
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2015, 10:40 PM)Snell Wrote: For my 5 door 1.8 how do I know what strut to get as a replacement? Does it have to be specifically for a 1.8 so that it sits at the same height as the other side?

put your coil spring of your strut on replacement ,and wont have ant issues with ride height then
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't give out wrong info piggy then try and defend yourself.

Negative camber is where the top of the wheel sits further in than the bottom like Johnny's picture

You haven't snapped the p bushe?
Thanks given by:
It made sense in my head....
Till I read it after welshy posted and i was like "what the hell was I on about"!! Haha
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So I can get any strut off of any engine or year 306? They're all the same just different springs?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camber/axle swap panzer 2 914 17-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  306 Front and Rear Camber devilchris 9 3,418 30-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Negative camber inserts.. Ben 4 1,611 18-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Grant