Drift Trike Thread. - Now with video!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drift Trike Thread. - Now with video!!!
(10-01-2015, 01:00 PM)Poodle Wrote: *Awaits "i've broken my other ankle while trying to out-drift an evo" thread*

BASTARD!!!! (wheres that rep button though) Nospeak

Off to find an evo and a suitable hill Smile
Thanks given by:
I bet he will have a go at drifting it in his bare feet
Thanks given by:
Haha!!

Ok fella
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Great work chris looks factory fresh Smile

Now go find a hill.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Aren't you going to grind down those welds?!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 05:54 PM)7057sam Wrote: Great work chris looks factory fresh Smile

Now go find a hill.
Cheers buddy, the pictures really dont show how atrocious the paint is after I smudged it.

(10-01-2015, 05:57 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Aren't you going to grind down those welds?!
Nope.

So went out after a late lunch once it had brightened up and have learnt many things including:
- The trike fits nicely in the car with the front wheel off.
- Dont over tighten the bearings, first hill was huge, probably 20 times the size of the one on my road and steeper but I only got up to 18mph because of the tight bearings.
- Wear goggles, the amount of shit that gets thrown off the front tyre even on a dry road is impressive.
- Fit a mirror, with goggles and a full face lid I have very restricted vision so cant really see behind me at all.
- It doesnt matter how good your brakes are, there is no weight on the front wheel and so it will lock up with any useful amount of force.
- Re the above be prepared to put your feet down so wear appropriate footwear.
- Be braver, over 30mph into a corner is scary as f*ck but the trike handles it very well so I wont be braking for it next time to see if we can make nearer the 40mph mark.

Oh and even with being a pussy on the brakes I still hit 33.7mph

Maybe have videos tomorrow when someone comes out with me Smile Would of done more today but the light was fading fast and most of the hills are a good 10-15 mins walk back up

[attachment=21072]
[attachment=21071]
[attachment=21073]
Thanks given by:
can you not fit a mud guard on the front wheel?
Thanks given by:
Needs a back brake.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 07:24 PM)procta Wrote: can you not fit a mud guard on the front wheel?

No sadly it would need to run the full length of the frame and be reasonably wide which would then restrict me moving my legs about in places. Also it would look shit LOL.

(10-01-2015, 07:26 PM)Poodle Wrote: Needs a back brake.
That won't happen for a long time, certainly not till I'm running a proper rear axle.

(10-01-2015, 07:26 PM)johmnewbold Wrote: How do I post
Like that.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 07:29 PM)johmnewbold Wrote: I mean how do I post a new form
A new thread?

Go into the appropriate forum for what you want to post a thread about (the screen where there is a list of topics) then in the top right there is a button that says "new thread", click that and it takes you to a new page where you'll need to enter a title and then your message.

Try the search and the guides first, what your looking for may already of been answered.
Thanks given by:
Just use feet as brakes!! Love this and always wanted to build one just no big hills round here Sad
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Looks good but i want to see a video now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZCZsHJIR8
Thanks given by:
I think tomorrow will be the last day with rubber on the rear wheels before I get into some proper drifting. If the sliders dont turn up I'm gonna make some out of a pair of 10" buckets.
Thanks given by:
This does look pretty cool tbf, but I couldn't be arsed walking back up the hill each time! lol
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 08:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: This does look pretty cool tbf, but I couldn't be arsed walking back up the hill each time! lol

thats why you get a car to pull you back up! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Fair point! Bet theres never one around when you need it though lol.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 08:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: This does look pretty cool tbf, but I couldn't be arsed walking back up the hill each time! lol
Yeah man its a killer, made worse by dragging the trike back up, you cant push it as its too low, you cant push it on its back wheels as you trip over the seat so the only decent way it to drag it by picking the front wheel up

I've found a new hill that I'm yet to try called longdown hill but yet again its a mile down hill

(10-01-2015, 08:10 PM)SRowell Wrote:

thats why you get a car to pull you back up! Big Grin
Sadly illegal though
Thanks given by:
Is it actually your birthday today Chris? Happy birthday if so! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yes it is mate, the 10th of January has been for nearly 30 years now.
Thanks given by:
Lift the front and push it backwards up the hill?

Tbh i cant see anything wrong with a bit of angle on a couple of pivots that pushes directly on the tyres. Figured it'd only ever be used for those brown trouser moments anyway lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What front tyre you using? if your sticking with just a front brake, maybe get a super tacky tyre? Will destroy it pretty quickly but would help a fair bit.
Rear brakes would be pointless as once its on sliders its just going to slide as soon as you touch the brakes lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Brakes are for pussy's
you know you dont need them

find a hill on a bus route and catch it back to the top Smile

im liking the effort going into this Smile
BUT!!>>>>>
we all know your going to end up broken!
just how broken we will wait and see

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
So it turns out the speedo on the front wheel might be a little innacurate, I was followed and told at one point my mate was having to do 50mph to keep up Smile

Also had a little slide out of it at over 30 on the speedo which was a little bit of a brown trouser moment, now up to 37.3mph on the speedo.

Videos shortly.

(11-01-2015, 10:15 AM)Poodle Wrote: Lift the front and push it backwards up the hill?

Tbh i cant see anything wrong with a bit of angle on a couple of pivots that pushes directly on the tyres. Figured it'd only ever be used for those brown trouser moments anyway lol.
Pushing from the front is useless, the rear is too wide and wayward.
There wont be any braking through the rear with sliders on as Niall says.

(11-01-2015, 11:07 AM)Niall Wrote: What front tyre you using? if your sticking with just a front brake, maybe get a super tacky tyre? Will destroy it pretty quickly but would help a fair bit.
Rear brakes would be pointless as once its on sliders its just going to slide as soon as you touch the brakes lol.
Its a street BMX front tyre, I might see if I can blag some tyre softener but it's not exactly like it's gonna do huge mileage.

(11-01-2015, 11:43 AM)cully Wrote: Brakes are for pussy's
you know you dont need them

find a hill on a bus route and catch it back to the top Smile

im liking the effort going into this Smile
BUT!!>>>>>
we all know your going to end up broken!
just how broken we will wait and see

Yeah this will end in a horrific accident but hopefully I'll have a SJ4000 soon to capture it.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Awesome Smile
Thanks given by:
Good point lol. Looks pretty rapid!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looks awesome! Needs moar boostz though
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(11-01-2015, 04:40 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Awesome Smile

(11-01-2015, 07:33 PM)Poodle Wrote: Good point lol. Looks pretty rapid!

(11-01-2015, 07:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Looks awesome! Needs moar boostz though
Cheers guys, you are all welcome to have goes but building your own is far more fun.

I've got to come clean with the speed and I know my mate says he's hit 50 at one point I think with speedo error and him having to catch me up out the corner as the trike corners like its on rails.

This below is what the bike speedo says as the max speed and I've been out and checked the tyre rolling circumference against what I used as a measurement off the internet and its correct so the speedo should be correct. Still nearly 40mph on something that small is f*cking quick.
[attachment=21091]

I want to find a bigger hill, really tempted to go to High Wycombe but fear I really will do myself an injury there so I'm gonna wait till I have a decent camera to record the accident.
Thanks given by:
Can see this ending badly!!

Awesome!!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
haha great stuff.... now just get it drifting!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drift trike sammy9212 17 5,224 07-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: puglove
  Fast and Furious : Amish drift 4WayDiablo 3 1,626 17-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Last Post: ash240970
  Transit Drift Bus lols darrenjlobb 17 4,896 31-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Last Post: sweeney1987