Get well soon Jonny176783437!!1! and Ed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get well soon Jonny176783437!!1! and Ed
Christ fellas you two have been lucky! hope you two are up and about in a short while! My advice is to ebay bits for your 306/ or your other make of car, while your out of action and chat to toms306!
Thanks given by:
WOW

Hope you both have a speedy recovery
Thanks given by:
You most definitely did that properly, sounds horrible man! Here's hoping that you manage to recover as fully as possible, I'd hate to be unable to do what I want due to an injury like that!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 12:36 AM)procta Wrote: My advice is to.....chat to toms306!

Now there's an incentive to get better!! lol

Bloody hell, Ed, that sounds awful!  Without graphic detail lol, whats the next op you're having?  Is that a plate or something?
Thanks given by:
Ive got some pics Ed has sent me and asked me to put on here which i will do in a bit. Just give you lot enough time to have your breakfast and manage to keep it down lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
How big a breakfast is everyone having? C'mon Niall Tongue

Speedy recoveries all round hopefully! But this demonstrates perfectly why being 'healthy' and 'active' is seriously overrated Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Sorry, forgot about these!

[Image: E48E58C2-D9CF-4E20-BF83-AEB016AC49E9_zpsewh6jbqu.jpg]

[Image: 39F965B9-7248-40BE-A8A7-B0890650B3A5_zpsh3l9jolh.jpg]

[Image: 6A891011-C5B5-411B-A917-AF774B50253A_zpsiz46nei6.jpg]

[Image: EFC5EF35-0A0D-42D0-B9F7-BAF43DC36BAB_zpsxbuxttnr.jpg]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That looks fairly savage i must say!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Owch, bit late to the party but seriously hope you two get well soon. Although not might seem it right now but you both got very lucky that you got away with what you did
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Well I made it out of hospital after 25 days on 13th January! Four operations, and I reckon more than 24hours under general anaesthetic in total!

This is from the first major op to fix my bone with a titanium plate, and to bolt two of my ligaments back on where they had snapped their bone anchor points off rather than the ligaments actually snapping:

[attachment=21420]

These two are after the last op where they nicked ligament from my good leg to create a new rear cruciate as I'd snapped my old one so badly. They also repaired the ligament running down the outside of my leg, and checked the nerve, and fixed the ligaments which anchor some of my muscles to the knee as they'd snapped too... 

[attachment=21419]

[attachment=21421]

So the good news is all my ligaments have been repaired and the bones have too. I'm in a velcro cast with a hinge set to a maximum of 60degrees, but I can't bend my knee past 45 degrees at the minute.
They've told me my cartilage on top of my shin bone was badly damaged and will need replacing with a cartilage graft inside the next 5 years or so.

Apart from that they have said the injury is so rare they cannot say for sure what level of mobility I'll have. They have said I should be able to run in a straight line, and drive a manual (crucially important that!), but that I may not play hockey again due to the fast direction changes required. We'll see, I'm useless at taking no for an answer so will try stuff when I've properly recovered and see how I get on!

Recovery now is 6 weeks from the last op (7th Jan) with no weight bearing at all. Then 6 weeks of partial weight bearing. After 3 months I'm allowed my velcro cast off but will likely need my crutches still as I wont be up to full weight bearing. They estimate I will be walking without crutches by around June...

In other news, I'm sure you'll be amused to know my dad has nicked my Z4 on some vague pretence that it needs to be used regularly to keep it in tip top condition, and keeps texting me winding me up about driving it. NOT cool!

Anyway, thought you guys might like some gory pics. I'm gonna try and make it to Forge, hopefully see you there in April! Might have my cast off by then; who knows!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
ahhhhh gorry pics D:
Thanks given by:
Lol, I don't even know how may stitches I've had... too many to bother counting! And I've been nice, I haven't even posted the other scars I've got from where the external fixator pins went into my leg!
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you and jonny are on the road to recovery,hope to see you at forge Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
But titanium is lighter than bone so it's a winner situation right? Wink
Welcome to hop in with me to Combe in April.

See what I did there? Hop in....

Where's my coat?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Cheers guys Smile

Niall I may take you up on that... will keep you posted! I don't think I'll be able to camp really, so that might mean I can't come with you if you're planning on camping? But yeah we'll work it out closer to the time, when I know more about what I'll be allowed to do with my effing leg!
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2015, 12:27 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Cheers guys Smile

Niall I may take you up on that... will keep you posted! I don't think I'll be able to camp really, so that might mean I can't come with you if you're planning on camping? But yeah we'll work it out closer to the time, when I know more about what I'll be allowed to do with my effing leg!

We were also looking at travel lodges buddy. It was terrible camping last time.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2015, 12:49 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(30-01-2015, 12:27 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Cheers guys Smile

We were also looking at travel lodges buddy. It was terrible camping last time.

Yeah travel lodges is currently £29.99  

Yeah bloody civic lol 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
lol! Camping last time I went was tragic too; it was the weather that time!
Thanks given by:
Nice to see your on the mend ED,
Thanks given by:
Yeah i won't be camping. At best a hotel but can't really afford that shit these days so probably just go up for the day Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
f*cking hell Ed, you don't half do things properly!!

Surprised you haven't been moaning that its not eccentric compbrake titanium replacement bone or carbon fiber at the very least.
Thanks given by: