Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6
lol Cheers Ed!

I'll have you know his tuwinis are 17s, not 16s! Totally different lmao

Definitely will be getting lowered when I can afford it! I would love a set of GHAs to be honest but just can't afford them at the moment, so I doubt it'll be lowered before FCS unfortunately. I think when I do sort something out though I'll probably take a trip down to Kris as he seems to have the lowering business down to a T! Good rates and using the proper method too Smile

Masks are on my want list, although I'm having some naughty thoughts about them ninja
Thanks given by:
As said this needs some lows then it shall be epic!
Maybe a cupra splitter or similar?
And some black/Astor masks for a spot of win :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lol Cheers Ed!

I'll have you know his tuwinis are 17s, not 16s! Totally different lmao

Definitely will be getting lowered when I can afford it! I would love a set of GHAs to be honest but just can't afford them at the moment, so I doubt it'll be lowered before FCS unfortunately. I think when I do sort something out though I'll probably take a trip down to Kris as he seems to have the lowering business down to a T! Good rates and using the proper method too Smile

Masks are on my want list, although I'm having some naughty thoughts about them ninja

Well you do have some springs in the back of Kim's car ninja
which I still need to collect funds for!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Well you do have some springs in the back of Kim's car ninja
which I still need to collect funds for!

I think they would know is springs was in her boot. He's a fairly hefty bloke so I'd imagine she would notice the epic lows
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't worry mate that's not been forgotten, Kim will be paypalling it over tomorrow! Can you send her them in a PM?

That's a good point Phil, forgot to mention that we didn't get the 6 splitter fitted in the end. Just kinda ran out of time. I'm considering spraying it though before fitting. Not sure on whether gloss black or astor would look better though...only issue is astor is a bitch to colour match, so could look shit!
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Don't worry mate that's not been forgotten, Kim will be paypalling it over tomorrow! Can you send her them in a PM?

That's a good point Phil, forgot to mention that we didn't get the 6 splitter fitted in the end. Just kinda ran out of time. I'm considering spraying it though before fitting. Not sure on whether gloss black or astor would look better though...only issue is astor is a bitch to colour match, so could look shit!

Don't worry mate. Have a look and decide if you want them. They are for a gti6 and there 40mm I loved them cos they were still comfortable but went round corners really well!

I wouldn't bother painting it. It's too hard a plastic so instead of flexing like the laguna splitters, it just takes gouges out of the plastic
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Fair point Smile I'll have a think. Even if it gets ruined I thought it might look a bit better than being faded...

Here's a better picture than yesterday's efforts...much more light!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Is that a scratch I see on them wheels?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lol f*ck off!
Thanks given by:
Colour coded splitter ftw. Jamma mayhews is colour coded on his diablo and it looks sweet. And colour matching shouldn't matter too much as it very low down on the car and you wont be able to see the difference easily. If your spraying a wing/door etc though its much easier to see because you get more reflections on them panels.
Thanks given by:
Stilts much!!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Colour coded splitter ftw. Jamma mayhews is colour coded on his diablo and it looks sweet. And colour matching shouldn't matter too much as it very low down on the car and you wont be able to see the difference easily. If your spraying a wing/door etc though its much easier to see because you get more reflections on them panels.

Don't. I'm SO tempted to do the same as Mr. M44HEW, his splitter looks phit!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ha ha plan on off roading anytime soon, what's that a 2" lifter kit on there lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol Lows will be soon. If anyone wants to give me some 40mm lowering springs and do my torsion bar for me then feel free! (Niall those springs are for Kim by the way!)

Forgot to say yesterday/earlier...someone in a polo GTi thought it'd be a good idea to wheelspin away from a set of lights behind fooby (who was in the lane to my left), go up the inside of him and undertake him...next set of lights on the roundabout to the M25 from the A3 were just ahead, and my lane cleared up, so of course I felt obligated to overtake on the limiter lol I didn't realise this at the time, but as I shifted into 2nd I actually popped a flame right next to the guy, which was the ultimate win. Definitely appropriate to call it a win pipe ninja
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:lol Lows will be soon. If anyone wants to give me some 40mm lowering springs and do my torsion bar for me then feel free! (Niall those springs are for Kim by the way!)

Forgot to say yesterday/earlier...someone in a polo GTi thought it'd be a good idea to wheelspin away from a set of lights behind fooby (who was in the lane to my left), go up the inside of him and undertake him...next set of lights on the roundabout to the M25 from the A3 were just ahead, and my lane cleared up, so of course I felt obligated to overtake on the limiter lol I didn't realise this at the time, but as I shifted into 2nd I actually popped a flame right next to the guy, which was the ultimate win. Definitely appropriate to call it a win pipe ninja

Get kris to do the lowering. 90 quid all round and I think it's worth it after watching the difficulties he had with my beam!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That's the plan no doubt. If I can get a set of eibach springs for a cheap price I may get him to get it lowered until I can get some GHAs
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:That's the plan no doubt. If I can get a set of eibach springs for a cheap price I may get him to get it lowered until I can get some GHAs

If you just want some springs until you have money for ghas, get some spax ssx. There cheaper than the eibach but do still handle epicly
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:If you just want some springs until you have money for ghas, get some spax ssx. There cheaper than the eibach but do still handle epicly
^ +1. I had em on mine iirc, no problems there Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Wheels look awesome Scott! Was loving the sound of the decat too! IIRC Kris does rear beams for £60 so if you wanna save a bit I'm more than happy to do another day round mine and we can do the fronts..
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Thanks man, the help was much appreciated <3 As was the bacon!

I'll have a look and see what I can find in terms of springs, might be able to ninja something before FCS
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Wheels look awesome Scott! Was loving the sound of the decat too! IIRC Kris does rear beams for £60 so if you wanna save a bit I'm more than happy to do another day round mine and we can do the fronts..

I'm already worried of the thought of you trying to remove springs. Do you even have any compressors?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
How do you think I did mine?
Id be more worried that you told me you bent yours doing your springs lol

Nothing wrong with my work mate.

Oh and you still need to clean my drive... Popcorn

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:How do you think I did mine?
Id be more worried that you told me you bent yours doing your springs lol

Nothing wrong with my work mate.

Oh and you still need to clean my drive... Popcorn

I watched you do yours.....you wound them all the way down. Didn't even need compressors lmao
Mine ain't bent just a little modified!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yes but I was running the old top mounts for about a month so needed to take them of the old struts.
If it helps you sleep at night Niall, I have compressors, I can use them without bending them, but am prohibited of doing so at the moment through fear of slipping over on the oil on my drive Wink

Do it Scott! Lowering springs are cheap enough, no excuse to not have them done for fcs.
Wanna sell me your rear beam? Lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Yes but I was running the old top mounts for about a month so needed to take them of the old struts.
If it helps you sleep at night Niall, I have compressors, I can use them without bending them, but am prohibited of doing so at the moment through fear of slipping over on the oil on my drive Wink

Do it Scott! Lowering springs are cheap enough, no excuse to not have them done for fcs.
Wanna sell me your rear beam? Lol

I'm just going to concrete over that oil. Anyway it's Kim's oil, Kim's problem. Haha nah will give ya a ring in a bit about it.

Just as a note, if you've only got small compressors, they won't do the job. Original 306 springs are fooling huge when uncompressed. Might be able to hire some for a couple of quid.
No excuse not to lower it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
My tool is big enough! Don't you worry about that! Haha

I'll have you know that drive was brand new, so you and/or Kim better get saving.
Save that concrete, and pour it in scotts engine bay until he buys some lowering springs. Just make sure you don't get any on the turinis!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:My tool is big enough! Don't you worry about that! Haha

I'll have you know that drive was brand new, so you and/or Kim better get saving.
Save that concrete, and pour it in scotts engine bay until he buys some lowering springs. Just make sure you don't get any on the turinis!

He hadn't got turinis any more. I nicked them seeing as there's no lockers on them Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Bastad! Beat me to it. If you hear someone nicking Scott's wheels off your car, it's not me ninja

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Bastad! Beat me to it. If you hear someone nicking Scott's wheels off your car, it's not me ninja

You won't want them now. I had a bit of sideways fun and smashed into a few kerbs. All buckled and smashed up now Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Oi you tarts, get a room lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astor grey Xs project :) underground375 30 4,517 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Last Post: underground375
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 40,957 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Carlos182's Bike Build Carlos182 0 1,226 24-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Carlos182