past 205 owners, which box?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
past 205 owners, which box?
Hi All

Ive been building my 205 for the past year and a half(yet to upload my project thread,possible over xmas Smile )

Its main purpose is for weekend blasts

Its currently running a 1.8 d turbo box.

Which is shorter than a dturbo box(which I also have)

Im not sure which box to use.

Short box is fun on back roads, however  I havent really got to drive it much with the 1.8 box due to the h/g (which is blown)

Is the d turbo box the same except for a longer fifth or are all the gears longer?
Thanks given by:
Personally, I think the 205 TD box has closer ratios than the 306 box. I have no facts to back this up though. Just felt better, might be the weight of the car?

I am going to keep my 205 box on when I XUD9 it.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Stick the 306 dt box on.
Personally I'd put the hdi box on as I find the 306 dt box too short
Thanks given by:
they are definatly shorter, I ve had a couple of 306 d turbos, ratios are longer

Also,just to add, the lda pin will be modded,gov mod, around 25psi on a t2, aiming for 140bhp.
Thanks given by:
Be lucky to get 140 with that turbo TBH.

It will be more efficient to run a bigger turbo with lower intake temps and not have to change the turbo all the time 'cos it is always being run out of its comfort zone.

Plenty of better turbos out there than a T2 that can be bought and fitted for not a lot of money.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I used the standard Td box and then fitted a HDI, I think Hdi was much better. iv got a set of clocks with rev counter if your needing some
Thanks given by:
My 205 was on a T2 and 30psi, hit 150 something bhp... and it's not unheard of people getting similar

Used a 306 box, but it does put a lot of strain on the engine when it starts pushing 60/70mph. Mine used to rev it's nuts off when on the motorway, stick to B roads and it's amazing fun! Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I got a 306 dturbo box on atm the rpm's are quite high at 70. I want a hdi box on mine
Thanks given by:
306td box was 3k at 70mph in 5th? if I remember correctly.

Or that could have been my dw8 306?
Thanks given by:
is they flywheel on the 1.8 dturbo the same as the 1.9?

Would the clutch and release bearing that's installed on my current xud9 (1.8 box) work with the 1.9 box?
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2014, 01:57 PM)pugtk Wrote: is they flywheel on the  1.8 dturbo the same as the 1.9?

Would the clutch and release bearing that's installed on my current xud9 (1.8 box) work with the 1.9 box?

One is a push and one is a pull clutch I'm sure easy to swap about
Thanks given by:
I believe the 205 dt flywheel and clutch us 200mm and the 306 dt is 215mm
Thanks given by:
Interesting.

I have just bought a 205 XUD7 friction plate.

Listed for XUD7/9 and it is 215mm.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot get boost past 15 psi?? doogle-d turbo 5 1,587 13-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31