Odd Vibration Through Steering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd Vibration Through Steering
Thumbs Down 
Bit of a weird one.

I have a vibration through the steering, and a little through the pedals. It changes with speed and revs, but not in a linear fashion. It seems to be more related to load, i.e. when you boot it it gets worse, when on the overrun it almost stops completely.

I'm a bit flummoxed, It doesn't seem particularly worse at 80 than 60, and came and went on my drive home. If it were wheel balancing or something it'd just get worse the faster I went, right? and load would make no difference...

I'm just a little worried because at times it was pretty extreme really.

Halp!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Wheel balancing can have that effect.

As can a buggerer driveshaft/cv joint

Also a loose wheel!! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Balancing isn't usually linear, something to do with harmonic balance I think, theres usually a point where its worst, say 70mph, then 60 and 80 might be much better.

Your issue sounds like a driveshaft to me though, you'd know if you hit anything hard enough to knock the balance/tracking out. Edit - Unless you've lost a wheel weight of course...
Thanks given by:
Yeah as Piggy says, it could be wheel balancing. I had this issue with mine between 60 and 75 and the only time it was smooth was when it was 0% throttle or full throttle. Im sure you can guess which i did Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Driveshaft
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Everything has its own resonance frequency, which is why your dash board only rattles at certain rpm!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasty vibration coming from the rear brakes johnny625 9 3,891 12-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: johnny625
  Strange vibration. decjhawes 12 3,024 21-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  VIBRATION- balancing and tracking done thealphanoob 0 1,041 22-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: thealphanoob