quick rack options for pas delete???????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick rack options for pas delete???????
Looking for a quick rack option for a power steering delete setup. Whats best????
Thanks given by:
I've got a xsara vts ph2 rack with the PAS removed.
See my for sale thread
Thanks given by:
How much and where at bud????
Thanks given by:
I've got some brand new 306 track arms I'll throw in as 205 items are installed.

£120 delivered
or
£100 collected from Rg10
Thanks given by:
I'm actually planning this conversion with PAS (once I get my pipes from Paul^), but never actually bothered checking whether the 306 steering column linkage will fit straight on?
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Im completley clueless how it all works atm. Trying to research it as dont understand if the xsara one bolts straight up or not. Ir even if an xsara vts and xsara hdi rack is the same
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Whats the reason for wanting no PAS i dont get it
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No pas AND a quick rack? Sounds bloody daft tbh, hope you're strong. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That's what I had. And plenty of negative camber, and enough castor that you couldn't get a cig paper between the tyre and the front of the arch at full lock.

Pain in the arse parking, wonderful the rest of the time.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 vts are 2.4 turns and phase 2's are 2.6.

I know they direct fit for gti6's and rallye.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
There's a batch of 2.2 Quaiffe racks around too, somebody made 'em for rallying with a modded rackbar made for something else - I've got one here, and the lad I bought it off reckoned there were 10-15 made, but I don't know how many are still around, I haven't seen another one yet.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
205 Rack's fit too with the matching U/J, Just needs longer arms
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2014, 09:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: No pas AND a quick rack? Sounds bloody daft tbh, hope you're strong. lol

I run a manual custom rack on my 205. WMMS made a conversion kit for a standard rack, replacing the rack and pinion to make it a 2.4. Transforms a 205 into something I can only describe as kart-like. Not too bad I'd say, until you fit a TransX diff go hammering the Nurburgring in it and are absolutely f*cked after a lap. It felt like a workout....Got a Xsara 2.4 rack to go in the 205 and that's getting electric PAS fitted.

(14-12-2014, 10:29 AM)7057sam Wrote: I know they direct fit for gti6's and rallye.

Exactly what I wanted to hear!

(14-12-2014, 12:25 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: There's a batch of 2.2 Quaiffe racks around too, somebody made 'em for rallying with a modded rackbar made for something else - I've got one here, and the lad I bought it off reckoned there were 10-15 made, but I don't know how many are still around, I haven't seen another one yet.

There was the Quaife kit for the 205s, but had the obscure bearing for the pinion. I don't know anyone else that got the West Midlands Motorsport kit I bought, common as muck bearing used too.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Only reason for doing it is more space. Got bigger plans for my engine later on and need all the space i can get in the bay. Hence also removing the abs with a bias valve.

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Don't get me wrong, it's exactly what i've done to mine, doesn't make it any less daft imo. Big Grin

The 205s don't seem to have much power steering anyway, at least my stdt certainly doesn't, but it's really noticeable on the 306. I drove Jonny's estate when he converted that to manual steering and it was pretty damn hard work, and that was with the standard rack. Although that was going up prescott, perhaps not the right test bed, and tbf it did feel great to throw around.

Tbh you'll find it hard to use any space you free up down there, it's tucked pretty well out of the way - i've gotten rid of mine for the drive, if it was just to get rid of the pas pump i would have used the electric set-up from a 106.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Im not to phased about it being heavy as got a fairly large wheel. Just trying to gain as much room as poss and get all the small jobs out the way to hopefully charge her Tongue

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power steering rack.....replacement options Jellomanpie 9 3,527 30-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Mighty306