306 rallye trackday project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 rallye trackday project
Front bumper made of carbon / Kevlar and vacuumed bagged,, so will remove over weekend and show photos

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Daaaammmnnn
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2016, 09:00 PM)twangy Wrote: Front bumper made of carbon / Kevlar and vacuumed bagged,, so will remove over weekend and show photos

fair casual carbon update there!
Thanks given by:
f*ck i need a carbon front bumper in my life!! Is that a dimma / maxi bumper though not a standard one?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2016, 07:36 PM)twangy Wrote: Rear quarter removed from mould

(18-08-2016, 11:20 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: f*ck i need a carbon front bumper in my life!! Is that a dimma / maxi bumper though not a standard one?
 Matt it's a dimma carbon Kevlar front bumper mate , will start fitting some of body kit over weekend , so will post pictures as go along, only got to make rear bumper now , so nearly there with making kit  , photo of rear quarter inner

Thanks given by:
Err, christ, how have I not seen this?!

Epic, epicness going on here.
Fair one.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I must admit that I skimmed this thread, so I may have missed it, but what weight are you aiming for and do you have any indication so far of weight?
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2016, 07:36 PM)twangy Wrote: Rear quarter removed from mould

(18-08-2016, 08:53 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Err,  christ,  how have I not seen this?!

Epic, epicness going on here.
Fair one.

Cheers Danny , will be a lot happening to the car over the next few months

(19-08-2016, 12:56 PM)ronj Wrote: I must admit that I skimmed this thread, so I may have missed it, but what weight are you aiming for and do you have any indication so far of weight?

Hi mate , just trying to make car as light as possible , engine should be pushing out over 200bhp , so want to make as light as I can , the carbon /Kevlar dimma /maxi wing are lighter than original steel wing taken of car, haven't had chance to weigh car yet , but will do and post final results on forum , thanks wayne
Thanks given by:
Holy bum cakes, this car is epic. Wish I had the time, money and knowledge you have!
Keep it up.
Thanks given by:
Looks amazing Wayne ....
Keep the updates coming m8 Inlove
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2016, 08:05 PM)impotentials Wrote: Holy bum cakes, this car is epic. Wish I had the time, money and knowledge you have!
Keep it up.

thanks , will keep updates coming

(20-08-2016, 09:30 AM)Day666 Wrote: Looks amazing Wayne ....
Keep the updates coming m8  Inlove

cheers damien , managed to make start on fitting kit today , so heres a few photos to view

Thanks given by:
front bumper ready for trimming , will also try and fit other rear quarter and front wing  today

Thanks given by:
keen work there. will be interested in the final weight.
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
(22-08-2016, 10:58 AM)mr_fish Wrote: keen work there. will be interested in the final weight.
cheers mate , still want to get aload more weight of the car ,but will get final weight and post on forum
Thanks given by:
had good full day on car this saturday , had mate round who works in body shop , so he started on body work and fitting front wing and bumper , so starting to get there , also picked up engine after rebuild ,  just need to get and fit a 4.9 cwp and can be put back in car , hopefully will get a bit more done this week by doing the odd hour afterwork

Thanks given by:
started making kevlar arch liners this week  , used hardboard covered in tinfoil to get profile as shown in photos . both fronts and passenger sid rear made, this weekend me and bodyshop mate will try and get load more done on fitting body kit so will update as go along

Thanks given by:
Fair play. That's some good work man.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2016, 09:23 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Fair play.  That's some good work man.

cheers danny , better picture of front arch

Thanks given by:
fully expect to see the boot and other doors to be carbon/kev! this is amazing mate
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2016, 08:09 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: fully expect to see the boot and other doors to be carbon/kev! this is amazing mate

The bonnet and hatch and also both doors are already made of carbon fibre ,as shown earlier in thread only roof is still steel , have mould for making roof but sticking with steel mate
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2016, 12:50 PM)twangy Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 08:09 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: fully expect to see the boot and other doors to be carbon/kev! this is amazing mate

The bonnet and hatch and also both doors are already made of carbon fibre ,as shown earlier in thread only roof is still steel , have mould for making roof but sticking with steel mate

must have missed that post, too busy perving on the making of the parts not noticing what was being made  Itwasntme whats left to turn into carbon without having to interfere with the structure?
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2016, 01:25 PM)PocketFighter Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 12:50 PM)twangy Wrote:

must have missed that post, too busy perving on the making of the parts not noticing what was being made  Itwasntme whats left to turn into carbon without having to interfere with the structure?

allways looking for new stuff to make the car lighter , have allready made carbon front panel and rear spoiler aswell , so got to make carbon /kevlar rear bumper and have a look at carbon rear diffuser and a few other bits that im thinking of making , then will take good look at car and see what else , few photos of the carbon bonnet /hatch and doors when i was making mate

Thanks given by:
all that carbon... its a fetish surely?! lol

what about having the dash completely carbon? or minimalise it as much as possible? if its a track day toy then is the full dash necessary? might only save a kilo here or there... but you never know!
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2016, 11:22 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: all that carbon... its a fetish surely?! lol

what about having the dash completely carbon? or minimalise it as much as possible? if its a track day toy then is the full dash necessary? might only save a kilo here or there... but you never know!

Am still considering carbon dash  , all the guts were taken from standard bash , so only a dash skin really which has been flocked , with carbon inserts added and digi pi pectel race dash , so fairly light as it is , but you never know     Rofl
Thanks given by:
you know its worth doing! lol

perspex windows??

[Image: civic_ek_lexan2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2016, 08:12 PM)twangy Wrote: started making kevlar arch liners this week  , used hardboard covered in tinfoil to get profile as shown in photos . both fronts and passenger sid rear made, this weekend me and bodyshop mate will try and get load more done on fitting body kit so will update as go along

how well does tinfoil work with molds & releasing? (i fancy knocking up some arch liners using oe ones as a basis)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2016, 04:14 PM)PocketFighter Wrote: you know its worth doing! lol

perspex windows??

[Image: civic_ek_lexan2.jpg]
All ready got polycarbonate  Windows fitted to both doors and rear quarter glass and tailgate mate , you'll have to keep up with the car (the honey monster ) haha lol ,

(06-09-2016, 04:24 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 08:12 PM)twangy Wrote: started making kevlar arch liners this week  , used hardboard covered in tinfoil to get profile as shown in photos . both fronts and passenger sid rear made, this weekend me and bodyshop mate will try and get load more done on fitting body kit so will update as go along

how well does tinfoil work with molds & releasing? (i fancy knocking up some arch liners using oe ones as a basis)

With the original plastic one , would just release wax them , then use a load of hairspray on them as gives a release film , gel coat with minimum catalyst so goes of slowly and doesnt create to much heat then glass them using minimum catalyst again mate
Thanks given by: Magenta Sunset
well i'm just gonna sit here in the corner and watch from a distance hahaha
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2016, 11:22 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: well i'm just gonna sit here in the corner and watch from a distance hahaha

While your sitting there you can keep coming up with ideas , as maybe come up with good idea to make or modify that has not been done on car yet , but don't come out with sequential gearbox because  can't afford at moment , but no doubt car wil get one in the end mate  Blush
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2016, 08:16 PM)twangy Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 11:22 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: well i'm just gonna sit here in the corner and watch from a distance hahaha

While your sitting there you can keep coming up with ideas , as maybe come up with good idea to make or modify that has not been done on car yet , but don't come out with sequential gearbox because  can't afford at moment , but no doubt car wil get one in the end mate  Blush

damn that was my next idea lol i wouldn't touch then engine in terms of transplant, i've always liked the idea of getting as much power out of a naturally aspirated engine as poss, granted a semi seq gearbox would be epic especially with a decent sounding exhaust system, over run and gear shift pops... ahhhh just like being on a bike lol

how about carbon rims Wink

it's a shame there isn't much of an engine cover like there are on bikes, i'd have said engine covers or something like that, i'm sure you'll find something else to turn into carbon... i would say the roof but i don't know how much structure or stability it plays on the car and your confidence lol albeit carbon is effectively stronger it would shed a few kg's

my ideas for making it lighter

roof
passenger foot plate and any other sheet covers you have
dash (trim it right down to bare min and carbon it up or at least small enough to hide the wiring!)
mirrors (internal and wing if you are going to be fitting them on)
and if your feeling skilled enough, carbon bell mouths in the airbox - that would be just pure sex lol i came across a set for my race bike, wish i spent the money to get them to be honest as they are rare as fook!

the doors - i would use a pull cord rather than a handle on the interior support it to the door rather than the card, more so if you are using perspex that doesn't wind down and you have a fixed/sliding window, lose the regulator and guts of the door - really light then! (im guessing you have thought of this though)  take note from the Ferrari F40 although i would lose the window altogether

[Image: P024Web.jpg]

the next thing i would do, lose the lights and run LED type or just smaller lamps in general, fill the holes out and cut away for the new lamp to be fitted on the rear (assuming people on track days rely on tail lamps for cars, wouldn't know, never done a car track day, only bike!) and i would also lose the head lamps, fill the gaps and use stickers to replicate... like so... think it would look odd without the lights being there! but certainly shifts a fair bit - im assuming you have stripped the lights out but can't remember what you have done already and i cant see it on the thread!

[Image: PA1795407.0008.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,424 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts rallye project. operation derust Matt 630 269,591 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,585 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L