Urgent - Rusty, Rounded Nut Removal??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent - Rusty, Rounded Nut Removal??
Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Removers FTW!
even work on locking wheel nuts Wink
Thanks given by:
Just to add...these are copper nuts on captive bolts... Not sure wtf happened, seemed to struggle for hours with them then they just came straight off. Confused

Anyway, still way off finishing, can't get the fan back in (was told I'd have to remove the rad to get it off, brute force saved the hassle but now cant get it back!), one of the DPF can securing captive nuts came off so it'll just have to make do with one, the axle stands are sinking into the wet muddy drive pretty quick, theres rain water all over the engine bay, its still raining, phone battery died so I have no torch and iits too dark to see anything at all now. So yeah that's gone about as well as I expected it to.
Thanks given by:
Not enough muscle clearly. [OK HAND SIGN]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Muscle? Not sure I have any of those tbh.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a standard evening working on the car tbh.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Plus gas can work a treat, at least before the bolt is rounded off. Way better than wd40.
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 08:05 PM)Poodle Wrote: Sounds like a standard evening working on the car tbh.

Wouldn't mind so much if it was just the evening... Was about 6 hours and only just half way. Confused

(26-11-2014, 08:49 PM)jack_o Wrote: Plus gas can work a treat, at least before the bolt is rounded off. Way better than wd40.

Yeah, I would usually have used Plusgas, thought I had some left but could only find WD40 and WD40 'quick release' in the garage. Must've used all the Plusgas on 306s. lol
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 05:54 PM)toseland Wrote: http://www.screwfix.com/p/irwin-bolt-gri...ApXg8P8HAQ

cant rate these things highly enough..

they do 2 sizes..

To anyone looking at those and thinking at £20 (shop around) they are expensive for something which you think you'll never use - I strongly advise investing in a set and putting them in the tool box for a rainy day. When in a similar position to Tom, you would be wishing you had some.
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
Bought my set for £15.65 inc free next day delivery! Big Grin Shame I didn't need them afterall lol. But as you say useful to have!
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 05:38 PM)Dangti6 Wrote:
(26-11-2014, 05:54 PM)toseland Wrote: http://www.screwfix.com/p/irwin-bolt-gri...ApXg8P8HAQ  

cant rate these things highly enough..

they do 2 sizes..

To anyone looking at those and thinking at £20 (shop around) they are expensive for something which you think you'll never use - I strongly advise investing in a set and putting them in the tool box for a rainy day. When in a similar position to Tom, you would be wishing you had some.

if you two have recommended these then I will in vest in a set! as I will be coming a cross a few problems what tom had.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erm.. My doors a bit rusty Midnightclub 21 2,938 24-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub