Heated mirrors on a 306?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heated mirrors on a 306?
Just wondering if any 306 came with heated wing mirrors as this morning after clearing the ice off my meridian (winter is here!) i wiped my mirrors to get the fog off them and one was really warm and the other cold (presume broken if they do have them)

There is no switch anywhere so wondered if it does it automatically when the engine is on?

Just curious!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
IIRC most of the higher end models come with heated mirrors, and they are activated when you use the rear window demister (button next to the hazard light switch). Smile

I'd check the glass on the cold one first, may have been replaced by a cheapskate who bought a non-heated version. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep, all the ph3s with electric mirrors had heated ones as well, cant say for earlier phases.

They do work with the demister button but only come on below 5c or something iirc.
Thanks given by:
Don't know about UK cars but my Ph1 gti has heated mirrors, then again i've never driven a car sold in sweden without heated mirrors... We like heat, cause mother nature robs us of it!
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Well after a year of having the car I've only just found that out! Shame its probably going to drastically fail its mot next week -_-
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best place to buy heated mirror glass? philpemberton94 2 1,002 28-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  heated seats??? fat n proud 6 1,596 25-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Martin306
  DIY heated seats? clarkey2010 6 1,440 04-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: welshpug