Brakes!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes!!
Ive got tiny little 247s on my motor. Now ive got.some bigger lucas callipers that are for 266s. Is it woeth sticking them on with good quality discs and pads and not bothering with gti ones? Or wait and save

Also will be looking at a bigger master cylinder soo. As they can be picked up cheap but I was reading somewhere.that a vw t4 ones fits that is a upgrade over the gti one. Again anyone had any experience's
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I would say 266mm are sufficient for a road car. Unless your thrashing around a track i doubt youll see benefits of gti6 ones. Especially as you already have them
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
get some decent pads and discs and fluid thats all I can say...

I cooked the 266s on the 206 last weekend on a bendy road to minehead!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
266s are fine with decent pads, there are GTi's on your cousins HDi, not even noticeable tbh lol.
Thanks given by:
I had 266s with good (M1144/DS2500) pads in for years with >175hp... No problems at all, never had any problems.

Had the GTi6 with 283s and reasonable quality discs and pads from motorfactor (Eicher maybe?) and they'd cook and warp in 10 minutes of driving hard...

Brake size means nothing really.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
So looks like ill be getting some decent disks and pads then for em. Just upgrade the master cylinder while im at it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
no need to "upgrade" the MC, the original one is just fine.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: