306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Brakes!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive got tiny little 247s on my motor. Now ive got.some bigger lucas callipers that are for 266s. Is it woeth sticking them on with good quality discs and pads and not bothering with gti ones? Or wait and save

Also will be looking at a bigger master cylinder soo. As they can be picked up cheap but I was reading somewhere.that a vw t4 ones fits that is a upgrade over the gti one. Again anyone had any experience's
I would say 266mm are sufficient for a road car. Unless your thrashing around a track i doubt youll see benefits of gti6 ones. Especially as you already have them
get some decent pads and discs and fluid thats all I can say...

I cooked the 266s on the 206 last weekend on a bendy road to minehead!!
266s are fine with decent pads, there are GTi's on your cousins HDi, not even noticeable tbh lol.
I had 266s with good (M1144/DS2500) pads in for years with >175hp... No problems at all, never had any problems.

Had the GTi6 with 283s and reasonable quality discs and pads from motorfactor (Eicher maybe?) and they'd cook and warp in 10 minutes of driving hard...

Brake size means nothing really.
So looks like ill be getting some decent disks and pads then for em. Just upgrade the master cylinder while im at it.
no need to "upgrade" the MC, the original one is just fine.